New Members - Introduce yourself..

Post general ACVW topics here
Forum rules
If its not ACVW related, post it in Off Topic.
hotsuazo
Drip
What model do you have?: 66 beetle

Re: New Members - Introduce yourself..

Post by hotsuazo »

Hello Every one,

I am deffinitely a newbie here. But am looking forward to some great information and chat. I have a 62 and a 66 beetle that are both all original and in great shape I will try and post some pics soon. I am thinking of turning the 66 into quite the sleeper and want to instalL a stroker Type 4 in the area of 2700 cc. Does anyone know of a great machine shop in SA that can build a reliable stroker for a decent price. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Especially email and phone number. Thanks again and am looking forward to getting started on my new project.

"I WOULD RATHER DIE STANDING THAN LIVE ON MY KNEES" :drink:

Braki
Drip
What model do you have?: Engin: '63 Body: '74

Post by Braki »

Hi there,

I am a Beetle newbie. A friend of mine gave me his Beetle (which Im trying to find out the year of). She needs some TLC, but I am so excited to start working on her. I cant wait to get some advice from you guys.

I will post some pics after the weekend. She is in for a checkup :)
Golfmad
Valve
What model do you have?: niks

Post by Golfmad »

Hi and welcome newbies - this is the best forum of its kind to get all the knowledge on ANYthing aircooled. People here are really helpfull. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :hangloose:
Last edited by Golfmad on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrT
Flywheel
What model do you have?: Type 3 and KG

Post by MrT »

Braki wrote:Hi there,

I am a Beetle newbie. A friend of mine gave me his Beetle (which Im trying to find out the year of). She needs some TLC, but I am so excited to start working on her. I cant wait to get some advice from you guys.

I will post some pics after the weekend. She is in for a checkup :)
Lucky Guy! Has your friend perhaps got a Ghia! :lol:

Welcome here.
1960 VW Karmann Ghia - Project http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... 23&t=26973" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1967 VW Type 3 Notchback - Project (completed) http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... 23&t=25261" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Braki
Drip
What model do you have?: Engin: '63 Body: '74

Post by Braki »

Lucky Guy!
Girl :wink:
riaanj
Exhaust Pipe
What model do you have?: None ATM, oneday...

Post by riaanj »

Braki wrote:
Lucky Guy!
Girl :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just keep on BUGGIN'
Protect the endangered, say NO to exporting our AirCooled spares & cars..

T6 Ranger 2.2TDCi D/Cab
307E Anglia panel-van
Honda CBR600RR
Honda CBR600F4
Honda CBR1100XX SuperBlackbird
GT!
Drip
What model do you have?: DOKA
South Africa

Post by GT! »

Ok so i'm tired of the "Lurker" status and am ready to move on :zhelp:
My name is Nick and I am a petrol head :lol:
I have only ever owned VW's and have a particular fondness for MK1 Golfs (79's -83's).
I am getting older and as Oom Ferdie says, "Enough playing around with "washing machines" time to own a real car".
I joined the forum November last year and have been reading alot and trying to learn as much as i can.
I love camping and with 2 girls aged 6 and 10 i have really been on the lookout for an original bay window camper.
So that's me. Thanks for a great forum :D
SK0069
Drip
What model do you have?: 1976

Post by SK0069 »

Hi All,

Im Satish, I was part the forum many many years ago, but fell behind.
I have a 1976 VW beetle, which was my first car which i got in 2001 and still have, which i now want to restore as i plan on keepining the car as a legend :D
I must say that when the car was actively used, and I attended functions, my old old beetle use to pull a bigger crowd than all the luxury sedans in the parking lot :lol: ,
i was always a fan of the beelte and would like to expand on my little knowledge of these cars.

I am in the IT industry working in JHB and I do graphic designing / printing on the side as well.

So yeah thats me in a nut shell.
myvwpuma
Drip
What model do you have?: 1974

Post by myvwpuma »

Hi there my name is Ismail, To be honest I was never an aircooled fan just because of the sound that it made. I have recently acquired a vw puma,well actually this is nr 2 but nr 1 is a project that has a nissan motor (so that's in another category). After repairing the engine of nr 2. I took it for it's first run and what an anti climax that was.It was horrible.It turns out that she had been treated badly and needed a bit of love and care. Brakes was pulling to one side,major play on the steering and she had been dropped too far and was giving a bone jarring ride.But boy has she grown on me,I have fixed quite a few problems and learned how to tune the twin port engine(still haven't got the hang of it) but enjoy trying new bits of advice and I am having lots of fun which I think is the general idea. So yea I have been converted.
retrovan
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 52T1,68FB,72Bay,75FL
Netherlands

Post by retrovan »

Welcome, you should try to identify all the major parts on you car, as it could be made up of many models, and a mixture of type 1 (Beetle) and Type 3 ( variant, square, fastback) parts.

This will help you find and ask for the right info when doing your search.

Enjoy

Herman
1952 Split Beetle 1835cc
1968 Fastback 2Lt.type4
1972 Low Light Bay Panel Van 2Lt type 4
1975 Fleetline Panel Van 1914cc
2020 MeFusco Beetle Truck 2Lt type 4
1972 FT Hahn SP 1776 cc
Ringo099
Drip
What model do you have?: None

Post by Ringo099 »

Good Day Folks

My name is Ross. I have joined this forum as a total noob to the VW community. I haven'y owned a VW before, but I know my time is coming if I can find my dream car. I have been and still am looking very hard for a VW type 2 transporter. I'm sure I am among many thousands of people trying to acquire the "peace bus". I don't even mind if it is in a state that requires a lot of attention, if I can find one I will put the work in to fix it up.
Well any ways that is me. If anyone knows of someone selling the above mentioned bus I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
venterjen
Drip
What model do you have?: Don't have

Post by venterjen »

Hi all!

Me and my fiancé (SJ) are getting married in December in Pretoria East :hangloose: . He loves loves loves the VW Kombi Split Screen, so we decided that we want to hire one as our wedding car :D . Problem is, we found people who can help us, but the colour of the Kombi's won't fit in with our wedding :cry: . We so desperately want a red one (with white)... Will really appreciate anyone's help :zhelp: !

Have a great day!
Jeanette :)
shaunalberts
Drip
What model do you have?: hopefully by the wee

Post by shaunalberts »

hi guys.

I might be new to the site but have always been into vws. grew up having my parents driving a 1600 sp beetle. they sold unfortuanatly.

I however am now the proud owner of a 64 beetle numbers matching. (busy restoring it) and a 69 TL Automatic fastback (complete factory stock car). which im looking to sell if anyone might be interested.

And ontop of that i am waiting to take delivery of a low light bay window panelvan that i recently purchased for the obseen ampount of - better be siiting down now - R2500-00.

some people just have all the luck.

So ya. looking forward to meeting and mingeling with all you aircooled fanatics out there.

regards
shaun
Rusty Rider
collier_mk2
Drip
What model do you have?: 1953 oval beetle

newbie from England with SA 1953 oval

Post by collier_mk2 »

hi all just joined from england after buying a SA 53 beetle imported into the UK by the owner of Wolf race wheels.....it rough round the edges but totally solid after spending all its life in sunny SA(lucky bitch :lol: )have had loads of beetles but this has been my dream to own an oval but never thought i would get such a straight solid 53 oval and for a swap with my mercedes kompressor(worth£1500)+ £2500 uk pounds so 4 grand for this baby is nothin they go for between £7,000 and £16,000 depending on condition mine is rough but mot and taxed on the road using as my daily driver

and my last few beetles that ive restored or volksrodded

bit pic heavy sorry but could go on forever had about 30 beetles still have a 66 sea blue,53 oval and 69 1200
cheers nic
Chivas
Drip
What model do you have?: 1965

Post by Chivas »

Hi guys, awesome forum and absolutely stunning cars!!! I certainly going to enjoy this ride. Recently bought an immaculate Karmann Ghia, had it serviced and replaced a couple of things, only thing left to do is a pair of new Tekkies. Searching for white walls, can anyone point me in the right direction? The cheapest quote I got for 15" tires with the white walls done is 4k? If I want to place a different rim on where can I source adaptor plates? I am based in joburg and all help will be greatly appreciated!! Take care....... :hangloose: