Beetle inn

Ask and give advice here
Lieb
Oil Stain
What model do you have?: 1953 Beetle

Beetle inn

Post by Lieb »

Hi guys
Can anyone give me information about the quality of work done by Beetle inn in Kew Johannesburg. I want to respray my '53 but as I live in a complex I am not allowed to do it myself. From this forum I learened that people don't like Beetle Buddies, what about Beetle beauties in Randburg?
Last question if the ID plate under the sparewheel says date of manufacture 1952 and the registration papers say 1953 what model is it? It has the Zwitter dash and quarter windows and splitwindow rear.
Lieb

Eugene
Carburettor
What model do you have?: 2 many 2 mention :-)
South Africa

Re: Beetle inn

Post by Eugene »

Then it's a piece of sh!t.
But don't dispair, I'll take it off your hands.
PM me for details :twisted:
Chris
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Beach Buggy

Post by Chris »

The car was built in '52,but was sold and registered in '53.

Which effectively makes it a '53.
Dirk
Exhaust Pipe
What model do you have?: Beetle, Fasty

Post by Dirk »

Yo Lieb, don't sell to Snyx. I'll take it :twisted:

Seriously though, that is a very special car you have there. I hope you are going to restore it to original speck.
Bugger
Advertiser
Advertiser
What model do you have?: a Few Models
Facebook: Pierre Bugger Eksteen

Post by Bugger »

:bn:
buggyfan
Long Block
What model do you have?: lwb beachbuggy
South Africa

Post by buggyfan »

Lieb wrote:Hi guys
Can anyone give me information about the quality of work done by Beetle inn in Kew Johannesburg. I want to respray my '53 but as I live in a complex I am not allowed to do it myself. From this forum I learened that people don't like Beetle Buddies, what about Beetle beauties in Randburg?
Last question if the ID plate under the sparewheel says date of manufacture 1952 and the registration papers say 1953 what model is it? It has the Zwitter dash and quarter windows and splitwindow rear.
Lieb
hi lieb ,beetle buddies is in randburg ,beetle BEAUTIES is situated in roodepoort .their tel no 011 763 4863.i dont recommend them
Lieb
Oil Stain
What model do you have?: 1953 Beetle

Post by Lieb »

Thanks for the advice
fig
Bus Driver
What model do you have?: Type 2
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/258896479219/
South Africa

Post by fig »

I once sold a rusty wreck of a Beetle to Beetle Beauties; I sold the car as scrap, for parts. I went around their workshop three days later and the Beetle had already been resprayed and was being reassembled for sale. I pity whoever bought that POS.

I think that in general, mass commercial rebuilders can be trusted only to bodge things and cut corners wherever they can to save money. Your best bet is to find a trusted body expert and pay whatever it takes to do the job properly. However much it costs you, it will be the cheapest solution in the long run.
Rudi02
Oil Cooler
What model do you have?: 1952, 1957,1958,1959

Post by Rudi02 »

Hi Lieb,

I'm a original fan and would do anything to restore a car to it's original condition. Especially a car like this. There are few Zwitters around and it is worth it to do a proper job. This car will only apreciate in value, but it's value is based on condition, and the quality of work that has been done.

If it was my car, and it isn't (pity), I would rather keep it like it is until I have proper money to spend on it to do a proper restoration job, using a guy who has a real passion for old ACVW's. The car's value will be preserved and it is a joy for the owner to have something special.

I know of the above mentioned company's but have never had bussiness dealings with them, cannot comment on that. But in my experience, big company's do it for the money, not the love of this specific car.

My 2 cents worth
gazzapen
Oil Pump
What model do you have?: beetle

Post by gazzapen »

Hi Lieb

Try Jan from Lada Centurion. He's busy building a German look Beetle for me. The car gets stripped down completely for the respray and he is more than happy if you check on the vehicle progression as the job goes along. He is definately hands down on of the most reasonable and sincere beetle builders.

He did not even want to except a deposit until I was sure that the Beetle progress was satisfactory, and that after I offered to give him one.

His no if your interested is 0829057711.

Cheers and good luck
MINCE
Transmission
What model do you have?: Without Vehicle
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pereira.artur?ref=profile

Post by MINCE »

Lieb
OH MY GOD!
F**KING SHOOT ME NOW!! IN THE FACE!!!!!
:cry:
Blitzkrieg
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: none

Post by Blitzkrieg »

gazzapen wrote:Hi Lieb

Try Jan from Lada Centurion. He's busy building a German look Beetle for me. The car gets stripped down completely for the respray and he is more than happy if you check on the vehicle progression as the job goes along. He is definately hands down on of the most reasonable and sincere beetle builders.

He did not even want to except a deposit until I was sure that the Beetle progress was satisfactory, and that after I offered to give him one.

His no if your interested is 0829057711.

Cheers and good luck
A German Look Beetle :o

Dude!You havta show us pictures!!!!!!!!!
Blitzkrieg
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: none

Post by Blitzkrieg »

MINCE wrote:
Lieb
OH MY GOD!
F**KING SHOOT ME NOW!! IN THE FACE!!!!!
:cry:
*Shoots mince in the face* :shoot:
MINCE
Transmission
What model do you have?: Without Vehicle
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pereira.artur?ref=profile

Post by MINCE »

HAHAHAHA