New Members - Introduce yourself..

Post general ACVW topics here
Forum rules
If its not ACVW related, post it in Off Topic.
73type2
Pushrod
What model do you have?: '73 T2 Single Cab
France

Re: New Members - Introduce yourself..

Post by 73type2 »

Hi Wanie. I envy you for having done that trip from JHB to Kimberley in your Beetle. I'm sure it was a memorable experience. It's inspiring me to do longer trips in a Beetle.

wanie
Drip
What model do you have?: 1972 Beetle
South Africa

Post by wanie »

Was a great experience to say the least...initially I was quite nervy about the trip but once we passed the 1st town I knew we'll make it. You should do trips in the beetle...the people you meet along the way already makes it worth it. Just make sure your car is in good condition and you not in a hurry.
vestall
Drip
What model do you have?: 72

Post by vestall »

Howzit

Im new to the forum and it is one of the best once ive seen yet. My interest was suddenly sparked when i saw my daughter looking at a fully restored bug, not sure about the exact date. So after looking around for a while we finally decided to buy one. I know its a 72 model but not a superbeetle, how can I find out what 72 it is ?
Viper999
Drip
What model do you have?: Beetle 1972

Post by Viper999 »

Hi all Im a newby on the site looking forward to a great time with other VW owners
TshepoB
Drip
What model do you have?: 1972 Beetle 1600DP

Post by TshepoB »

Just landed(well,not quite). Hi all. Tshepo here. Full time technology and beetle head. Looking forward to more of this forum. Joined in March but have been visiting this forum since I owned my first 1972 Beetle 1600dp. I practically restored the car one eye reading through the forum the other looking at my engine . Everyone here is on top of the food chain. Wuuuuu! I love it. ou! Yes I'm in Polokwane would love to meet otger Limpopians. :hangloose: :drunks:
The difficulty of the cost of being different is worth more than the ease of the mediocrity of being normal. No time to be broke.
73type2
Pushrod
France

Post by 73type2 »

Welcome vestall, Viper and Tshepo. It's quite a coincidence that all three of you have '72 beetles! Please post some photos. The forum is quiet these days. Maybe its because of the upcoming Sani Pass Event...
jerryb123
Drip
What model do you have?: 1973 phoenix kombi

Post by jerryb123 »

Hi all,I am also a newbie although i have been a air cooled vw mechanic for the last say 45 years.still have a medium sized workshop where i do general repairs and mods.i have recently bought a phoenix fibre glass body on a type 2 bay window chassis with a 1600 std beetle engine,gearbox etc. this will be my new project to rebuild and customize this panel van and hopefully take it to the show one day.
73type2
Pushrod
France

Post by 73type2 »

Welcome Jerry! I thought the bay window body is not removable from it's chassis. Was I wrong?
buggyfan
Long Block
What model do you have?: lwb beachbuggy
South Africa

Post by buggyfan »

jerryb123 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:16 pm Hi all,I am also a newbie although i have been a air cooled vw mechanic for the last say 45 years.still have a medium sized workshop where i do general repairs and mods.i have recently bought a phoenix fibre glass body on a type 2 bay window chassis with a 1600 std beetle engine,gearbox etc. this will be my new project to rebuild and customize this panel van and hopefully take it to the show one day.
Hi and welcome to Acvwsa. Could it be this one that used to be in Amanzimtoti/Ecbuggys..
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=30911&hilit=Phoenix+kit+car
http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... tt#p269451" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jerryb123
Drip
What model do you have?: 1973 phoenix kombi

Post by jerryb123 »

Hi Acvwsa no this one i picked up in midlands
Hi 73type2 sorry i took so long to reply, from what i see the body is cut off the floor pan assy,but i will suss it all out once start the full rebuild, i want to use an alfa sud 5 speed box as I can swop the crownwheel over to change the drive rotation
Krauss
Drip
What model do you have?: 1968 beetle

Post by Krauss »

Hi Guys. Just bought me a 1968 beetle in pretty good nick, I would like to do a bunch to the car to get it to show state at some stage. I’m on the east rand, any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers.
73type2
Pushrod
France

Post by 73type2 »

Posting some pics would be a good start...
Zmk
Drip
What model do you have?: 1967 Beetle

Post by Zmk »

Hi guys

New member here. Happy to join VWSA. Looking forward to making like minded friends and learning more about aircooleds.
73type2
Pushrod
France

Post by 73type2 »

Welcome Zmk. This forum is in dire need of aircooled pics, stories. Please indulge us.
dkjinsa
Drip
What model do you have?: 1974 Beetle

Post by dkjinsa »

Hi All.

David from Napier, Western Cape here.

I have had air-cooled Beetles / Beach Buggies since 1980. At last count, three Beetles and three buggies and now a Veep which I towed home yesterday.

One of the Beetles actually became a beach buggy, the one below. A Jasper.

Both under the carport at the moment.