Kombi's for Sale - Centurion

Post general ACVW topics here
Forum rules
If its not ACVW related, post it in Off Topic.
74bay
Drip
What model do you have?: 74 bay truck

Re: Kombi's for Sale - Centurion

Post by 74bay »

FYI... my bus just arrived in Aus over 16months late. Cost more and was not as described "all rust repaired".

The hoops I had to jump through to get it here are comical, as are the BS stories this guy tells.

"Is the juice worth the squeeze?"
fig
Bus Driver
What model do you have?: Type 2
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/258896479219/
South Africa

Post by fig »

fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." -- Henry Ford
spicydave
Oil Seal
What model do you have?: 1973
South Africa

Post by spicydave »

TURTLEDUB
Drip
What model do you have?: VW Bay

Post by TURTLEDUB »

Hi

I haven't posted on here before but have been watching and reading this thread with interest for a long while now, as someone who has had direct dealings with Tyl Hanneman, his father Til Hanneman and the company Kombi Revivial. If anyone has any details about Tyl Hannemann's location or whereabouts I would greatly appreciate it!

Feel free to private message me if you don't want to post any detail in the thread.

Appreciate all the help and support I can get!
fig
Bus Driver
South Africa

Post by fig »

Did your experience relate to the 1971 kombi you said was near completion when you joined this site a year and a half ago?
fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." -- Henry Ford
TURTLEDUB
Drip

Post by TURTLEDUB »

Hi fig

The 71 that I referred to was a vehicle being restored for us by another guy in CT.

I, like one of the guys previous who actually seems to have finally got his bus after 16 months (Auz), took the plunge and paid to have two busses restored. All was going well initially then everything went quiet, for months. Finally when I did manage to get hold of him, after trying SO MANY avenues to track him down, he refused to take our phone calls and got really 'shitty'. Then I started to notice the website being taken down, names started to get changed. We had a friend call about a bus advertised and he was posing under a different name.

We were told that one of his suppliers made off with all of his vehicles, our two busses being amongst them. He told us we weren't the only people to be affected. Unfortunately we trusted this man, and paid a hefty deposit.

We then, months and months later, got assured that he was back on track and got pictures of two busses that were being restored (after begging, pleading and threatening). Then after a while it all went quiet again ...... so, we asked for our money back. And here I sit, almost 2 years down the line, no vehicles and no refund.

As an aside ....... we actually heard via the grape vine that he was in 'partnership' with Werner Kruger, which can be demonstrated in some of the pictures Werner has listed on his site, as some of the busses Tyl was advertising and sold. We were told that it was actually Werner and Tyl that fell out and Werner took the busses. And that Tyl was taking Werner to court. Truth, who knows? So many lies it's really hard to know what to believe ......

I can only describe his activities as fraudulent and what he has done to me can only de described as theft, so have handed it over to the authorities now. Unfortunately it's ending up costing me considerably more in lawyers fees etc. Hence my plea for help and assistance from this community in trying to locate him.
muzzie
Drip
What model do you have?: 56 splitscreen

Post by muzzie »

Turltedub,

I saw your story and Tyl Hannemann's done the same thing to me, he took a lot of money for the restoration of buses from me, then he stopped answering calls and responding to emails.. I too have spent a lot of money tracking him down and I have his business addresses, home addresses, girlfriend's details, girlfriends family's names and addresses (Germany), business associates who he is in these scams with, photo's of him, his girlfriend etc. (she is going by another name posting cars on gumtree and other Facebook pages also)

I'd be more than interested in talking to you about your matter, there are a long list of people he has scammed and needs to be stopped.
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

surely there is enough information between the people who have commented on this post to be able to open up a case against him with the police/public prosecutor or whoever it is that will be able to stick this guy in jail
Something needs to be done about people like this.
retrovan
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 52T1,68FB,72Bay,75FL
Netherlands

Post by retrovan »

If he has been dealing internationally, he can be had up by the world court in Den Hague

The International Criminal Court is an intergovernmental organization and international tribunal that sits in The Hague in the Netherland

Get info from all that he has taken, Publish here and on The Samba and other international forum, and you will have a watertight case.

Lets see him get out of that one.

Herman
1952 Split Beetle 1835cc
1968 Fastback 2Lt.type4
1972 Low Light Bay Panel Van 2Lt type 4
1975 Fleetline Panel Van 1914cc
2020 MeFusco Beetle Truck 2Lt type 4
1972 FT Hahn SP 1776 cc
fig
Bus Driver
South Africa

Post by fig »

The ICC doesn't require a crime to happen across borders. It is mostly there to protect ordinary people who have crimes committed against them by the state. You can only approach the ICC after you have exhausted all internal channels to achieve justice.
fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult

fig
Bus Driver
South Africa

Post by fig »

I agree with Tony Z. There does appear to be enough people who have been scammed by this scumbag that if they get together they will be able to make a case that the cops can't ignore.

I hope that this will happen, and I urge all who have posted here to start communicating and sharing info. I've heard the same stories about Tyl Hannemann from multiple people, not all of whom have posted here.

I have recent experience of holding the cops to account and forcing them to investigate a case that they had closed. I know how to work the system and hold them to account. Justice in SA is not completely broken, but you have to push the machine to make it work. I would be happy to share my experience to assist the complainants to make a case against this scumbag and to ensure it is properly investigated.
fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult

muzzie
Drip
What model do you have?: 56 splitscreen

Post by muzzie »

Fig,

Very good points you made with everyone coming together, i have PM'ed you.
Blitzkrieg
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: none

Post by Blitzkrieg »

There are several South African aircooled related facebook pages as well, perhaps you should post on there too?
If it's too low, you're too old :twisted:
TURTLEDUB
Drip

Post by TURTLEDUB »

Thanks all!

I have appointed a solicitor and an officer of the court visited his address (last known) to serve a summons and he wasn't living there.

The problem we have is his actual whereabouts now. We have used a tracing agent and are hiring a private investigator ..... which again is going to cost am arm and a leg. Needless to say, however, our solicitor will be making sure he not only pays us back what he owes us but covers lawyers fees and the rest!

His last known location is Pringle Bay but the exact road number and name we have isn't his, apparently.

I have instructed our solicitor to let me know the course of action with regards to opening a charge with the police for both him, his father and his girlfriend as well as the company that he operated under. The are all complicit in this.

Thanks for the PM's. I will be in touch direct!
retrovan
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 52T1,68FB,72Bay,75FL
Netherlands

Post by retrovan »

Any body here on this Forum have more info as to the exact whereabouts of these guys please PM Turtledub direct as I am sure if all the information possible is in the hands of one guy, we can get a stop to him.

Think photo's will also help to identify him.

Herman
1952 Split Beetle 1835cc
1968 Fastback 2Lt.type4
1972 Low Light Bay Panel Van 2Lt type 4
1975 Fleetline Panel Van 1914cc
2020 MeFusco Beetle Truck 2Lt type 4
1972 FT Hahn SP 1776 cc