Beetle seat identification

Post general ACVW topics here
Forum rules
If its not ACVW related, post it in Off Topic.
arrowToFlyWheel
Drip
What model do you have?: 1600s

Beetle seat identification

Post by arrowToFlyWheel »

Hi I am new here and have a question regarding beetle seats on south african beetles , I have recently aquired a 1600s beetle but the front seats where not what I expected for the model, the seat shape looks like the image below . I can see that this is a beetle seat and not aftermarket , my question is what is the correct south african manufactured beetle to use this seat?

herbie123
Oil Cooler
What model do you have?: a few

Re: Beetle seat identification

Post by herbie123 »

hi Arrow

from my experience , this was / is a Euro and American speck seat

I have seen this on 1303 beetles and on fully imported beetles mostly with balljoint front suspension , with factory disc brakes , with 4 stud wheel pattern ,
the seat rail / slider is also different to the common SA Beetle

if you have this type of seat you have a great car , post some pictures of you car

andreas
arrowToFlyWheel
Drip
What model do you have?: 1600s

Re: Beetle seat identification

Post by arrowToFlyWheel »

Thanks for the reply andreas , I really appreciate it , will post pics soon car is currently at the panelbeaters , rest of the car is standard 1600s , kingpins tortionbar suspension , 'circumsized' tail lights 1600s badge on engine hatch , drum brakes, 5 lug wheels and a curved windshield, so I guess one of the previous owners must have scored the seats from one of the cars you mentioned, now the question is should I keep the seats in the car or put in original 1600s seats?