SA bus now in the uk

Post general ACVW topics here
Forum rules
If its not ACVW related, post it in Off Topic.
Bobreoc
Drip
What model do you have?: 71 bay

SA bus now in the uk

Post by Bobreoc »

Afternoon all.

I have a 71 bay that came to the uk last year, it's a great bus really original and solid, I know it's a long shot but was wondering if anyone knew the bus and has any history on it.... I'll attach a picture below

Thank you
Last edited by Bobreoc on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bobreoc
Drip

Re: SA bus now in the uk

Post by Bobreoc »

Bobreoc
Drip

Post by Bobreoc »

jolas
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: '65 Kombi

Post by jolas »

:lol:

Crikey Moses, that Deluxe was parked in my yard for a few weeks two or three rears ago

I think the orignal owner was a pastor in Somerset West, then it was bought by a chap I know who buys and sells old Mercs. He needed a place to store it as his rental agreement in Stellenbosch was up. I have no idea who he sold it to.
It was a runner at the time, but only just. It had a wierd built on oil cooler of sorts and another fan mounted inside the engine bay. If I remember correctly, there was'nt a single panel that was'nt dented or scratched. I think the old pastor was'nt a great driver :shock:

I'll try find more details ....
by fig » Mar 26, 2018
Sambas in South Africa are good for only 2 things: showing off and sunburn.
Bobreoc
Drip

Post by Bobreoc »

jolas wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:56 pm :lol:

Crikey Moses, that Deluxe was parked in my yard for a few weeks two or three rears ago

I think the orignal owner was a pastor in Somerset West, then it was bought by a chap I know who buys and sells old Mercs. He needed a place to store it as his rental agreement in Stellenbosch was up. I have no idea who he sold it to.
It was a runner at the time, but only just. It had a wierd built on oil cooler of sorts and another fan mounted inside the engine bay. If I remember correctly, there was'nt a single panel that was'nt dented or scratched. I think the old pastor was'nt a great driver :shock:

What are the chances!

Thanks for the information that's amazing! Yes it wasent much of a runner when I picked it up... Just needed a few little things and it's running lovely now.
Yes it has an external oil cooler as well.... It's great to know some of the history of the bus, I absolutely love the bus and the body work is knocked and dented but it will be staying that way as it kind of tells a story.

If you were to get any more information or even old pictures? That would be amazing.

Thank you
2l 16valve
Drip
What model do you have?: 1974 kombi

Post by 2l 16valve »

awesome to see story like this.
jolas
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: '65 Kombi

Post by jolas »

Bobreoc wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:48 pm

What are the chances!

Thanks for the information that's amazing! Yes it wasent much of a runner when I picked it up... Just needed a few little things and it's running lovely now.
Yes it has an external oil cooler as well.... It's great to know some of the history of the bus, I absolutely love the bus and the body work is knocked and dented but it will be staying that way as it kind of tells a story.

If you were to get any more information or even old pictures? That would be amazing.

Thank you

Hi Rob, check your PM for details of a previous owner, he will email you pics, story, etc
by fig » Mar 26, 2018
Sambas in South Africa are good for only 2 things: showing off and sunburn.
Bobreoc
Drip

Post by Bobreoc »

jolas wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 6:40 pm
Bobreoc wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:48 pm

What are the chances!

Thank you

Hi Rob, check your PM for details of a previous owner, he will email you pics, story, etc
Hey, thanks again for you help... I have emailed him and just waiting to hear back.
Can't wait to see what he has