2002 VW Caravelle T3 - Radiator fan switch not working

Post general ACVW topics here
Forum rules
If its not ACVW related, post it in Off Topic.
TonyTroskie
Drip
What model do you have?: 2002 VW Caravelle T3
South Africa

2002 VW Caravelle T3 - Radiator fan switch not working

Post by TonyTroskie »

Hello ACVWSA,

I drive a 2002 VW Caravelle T3 - only has 90 000kms on the clock - (vehicle still in excellent condition)
My radiator fan switch stopped working - I bridged this fan switch but fan still not coming on - what to look for next??.....

All fuses in the fuse rack is ok - except I discovered a 30A fuse above the fuse rack in between the relays that is blown -
Is this the fuse for the radiator fan switch relay?? -

Please help to identify the relay or relays for the radiator fan switch? -
I believe the main fan has 3 x relays - is this true? if so how do I identify them??

I await your kind responses...
Thank you Tony

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sean
Transmission
What model do you have?: Bays & Splits
South Africa

Re: 2002 VW Caravelle T3 - Radiator fan switch not working

Post by sean »

Hi Tony

The fuse at the top of the box is indeed the low speed fan fuse. The high speed does not have a fuse.

First try and replace the fuse. I suspect it may have blown due to a burnt low speed fan resistor. This resistor sits behind the front right headlight. Should the fuse blow again, check the resistor. The resistors are no longer available from VWSA or aftermarket in SA. You will have to import and it will be one from a T4. It only differs in plug which you must only change to match your T3.

I assume you tried bridging the fan wires on the temp switch mounted on the lower part of the radiator under the second grill? One circuit will be for low speed and other for high speed.