Kombi Clubs??

Listings of VW clubs
baybus
Drip
What model do you have?: 1976 bay

Kombi Clubs??

Post by baybus »

hi, my name is bobby, and i am a member of the gauteng volksie club. I have a 1976 baywindow which is having a 1800 jetta motor put in. I killed 2 2000cc motors (type2) while stuck in traffic on the highways before the world cup,she is nearly ready to roll ( maybe before my 59 th birthday on 8 january) so im keen to get back into get toegethers and would like to know if there is some sort of club for kombis. I know of KKK but i read somewhere on the net that it is not a club.Hi Fig. Im still in possesion of the one type 2 motor , and intend to repair it, so i will need contacts.

fig
Bus Driver
What model do you have?: Type 2
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/258896479219/
South Africa

Re: Kombi Clubs??

Post by fig »

Welcome Bobby

You are already a member of the Kult! :hangloose:

We organise occasional runs and camps and anyone is welcome to organise bus events under the Kult banner in consultation with me.
fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." -- Henry Ford
MELLO YELLOW
Valve
What model do you have?: 71 Bug, 69 Westfalia

Post by MELLO YELLOW »

Hi baybus
Are you Bobby the Italian from Edenvale?
baybus
Drip

Post by baybus »

Howzit , Mello yellow. Si, that is me. Im not sure i know who you are though. have we met? Hey fig. Thanks for your reply. Im glad to be part of you guys. Say hi to giza(?) for me.( your wife. is that her name?).See you guys soon. I want to come and camp at your place once im back up and running.
beetlefanatic
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: Late Bay, Syncro x 2

Post by beetlefanatic »

baybus wrote:... Say hi to giza(?) for me.( your wife. is that her name?)........
No, I'm sure her name is Mrs. Fig! :lol:
The only substitute for cubic inches are more cubic inches.
MELLO YELLOW
Valve
What model do you have?: 71 Bug, 69 Westfalia

Post by MELLO YELLOW »

Hi baybus

Say hi to your sister Barbara for me :twisted:
baybus
Drip

Post by baybus »

howzit Thomas. Mello Yello? Are you still working in eastleigh? Do you have a bus now?.Sorry Fig. Hi Mrs. Fig. I still have fotos of the campout i attended at your place when the beetle club was there. Ill post them soon.
baybus
Drip

Post by baybus »

:drunks: HI EVERYONE, I FINALLY, AFTER 10 MONTHS OF WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO PUT A JETTA 1800 MOTOR IN, HAVE COLLECTED MY BAY AND IM GONNA PUT A 1700 TYPE 2 BACK IN. IM HOPING TO HAVE IT READY FOR THE WEEKEND OF 19TH AND 20TH AT FIGS PLACE. ILL WALK THERE IF I HAVE TO, BUT IM GOING TO BE THERE.
syncromad
Oil Cooler
What model do you have?: '68 Fasty,'75 Fleety

Post by syncromad »

Hi BayBus

should have come to me, we install a 2.0i jetta motor in 3 weeks with Fuel injection, They run sweet, we install mainly in T3 syncro's but they work well in bay's aswell

stuart
083 629 9951
baybus
Drip

Post by baybus »

hi fig and everyone else out there. i have what seems to be a 1800 type 4 motor im trying to put into my 76 bay, but the no.4 cylinder seems to not be firing? what causes this if not a lack of spark? is it no compression, and if so , do i put in new rings and re seat the valves or what????? i have put a new coil,new capacitor and new points and new boagi cords. now im putting on a new distributor cap.if this still does noy work what is the problem ?im doing this myself due to no money to spend on my bus right now, so any advice would begreatly appreciated.please help.
fig
Bus Driver
What model do you have?: Type 2
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/258896479219/
South Africa

Post by fig »

I'd suggest posting a new thread with your questions in the Advice forum; you'll get more responses.

Have you done a compression test?

I'd lose the crappy Bougi cords and get old-style copper cored plug leads.
fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." -- Henry Ford
baybus
Drip

Post by baybus »

Hi everyone, im finally back on the road with my bay window. I replaced rings,honed the pots,had the heads refurbished by re seating the valves, replaced valve stem guides,new coil,plugs,condensor,points,new o rings on the push rod cover pipes,replaced every seal,and she goes like a dream. However, she is smoking, and im told it could be rings due to my pistons and pots not having the correct clearance????? Is this possible? Im really enjoing driving my bus, and looking forward to all the events comming up, starting with logo day on the 28th may. Only one change im gonna make is replacing the two solex carburettors with a single manifold with a golf carb. :hangloose:
baybus
Drip

Post by baybus »

Forgot to let u all know, im looking for a time clock with which these buses came out.It fits in the right hand side of the facia board.Anyone have one in working condition? :zhelp:
Stütz
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 62, 64, 71, 71

Post by Stütz »

Erm .... I believe you may find a basket full of chicken teeth before you find one of those! :lol:

Even if you do find them they are usually buggered and even those that do work are very inaccurate. Good luck with that though.
Decide where you stand ... then stand there!
'62 Beetle (ongoing restoration)
'64 Split Panelvan (a 'one day if I retire' project)
'71 Bay Single Cab (motor built by TonyZ)
'71 Bay Double Cab (workhorse)
baybus
Drip

Post by baybus »

HI STUTZ. I hear what u saying but i just gotta try. Imagine how much u could make with a bucket full of hens teeth. :lol: