VW Beetle Club of South Africa

Listings of VW clubs
Bugzz
Drip
What model do you have?: 1971

Post by Bugzz »

Hi everyone, I have decided to start n VW club up here in the Limpopo province as I am sure many of you know that we don't have any kind of air cooled community up here. This club is for anyone who loves bugs, busses or any other air-cooled VW's. I hope to get this off the ground as soon as possible and to this effect I am organizing a show and shine day right here in Polokwane. Anyone interested is welcome to go look at the website (http://www.vwbcsa.co.za ). I know I am new at all of this, but someone has to start this. Please leave some feedback in the forum I would really appreciate it...

Kind Regards
Gabriël Roos
:hangloose:

IMPI
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: sp2

Re: VW Beetle Club of South Africa

Post by IMPI »

Hi there Good luck.
I personally doubt that the name will take off as:
1 The name excludes all other aircooled VW's
2 Polokwane isnt exactly the hotbed of Beetle related things being a gazillion miles from anywhere: clubs are usually for local people to an area I personally would not want to drive 300km for a club meeting. I used to be the chairman of the northwest vw club for about 10 years and although the name suggested the Northwest actually the club was in klerksdorp as was the members.
3 I also believe that forums such as this has replaced clubs to a large degree and I would not be bothered with the grief of running a club again.

Even the Der kleiner Panzers which has been described as the greatest aircooled club of all time only had about 25 members in their heyday.

Please do not see this as negative: rename your club to the Polokwane beetle club and I am sure that you and your members will be warmly welcomed wherever you go. BTW there is also an existing VW club of SA which caters for all things VW (mostly watercooled)
Armand
Who cares how it's done in California? :twisted:
(018) 473-0186
Qkickslvr
Oil Stain
What model do you have?: Type 1 1976

Post by Qkickslvr »

Bugzz wrote:Hi everyone, I have decided to start n VW club up here in the Limpopo province as I am sure many of you know that we don't have any kind of air cooled community up here. This club is for anyone who loves bugs, busses or any other air-cooled VW's. I hope to get this off the ground as soon as possible and to this effect I am organizing a show and shine day right here in Polokwane. Anyone interested is welcome to go look at the website (http://www.vwbcsa.co.za ). I know I am new at all of this, but someone has to start this. Please leave some feedback in the forum I would really appreciate it...

Kind Regards
Gabriël Roos
:hangloose:
also there is already a vw beetle club of south Africa started a few months back.
Bugzz
Drip
What model do you have?: 1971

Re: VW Beetle Club of South Africa

Post by Bugzz »

Thanks for your advice (impi) I think you have some valid points there... I will change it, :wink: , Polokwane is a strange place, we have ALOT of bugs (even 1 oval and 2 split windows), busses, variants and ghias up here, but everyone is on their own mission, it's difficult getting them to participate in anything.. Maybe the club will help... anyway... thanks again for the advice, please keep it coming...

ps. didn’t know about the vw club of sa... :mrgreen: