Fuel Injection

Members can advertise their services here...
adriaan
Drip
What model do you have?: 1976
South Africa

Fuel Injection

Post by adriaan »

Hi hi

Does anyone know of some one or place that have used a Dicktator setup or something similar on a standard beetle?

I found out that the throttle bodies will set me back about R8850 .. so I'm looking for other options or opinions

Is carbs the way to go?

I'm planning on building a 1800 stroker, and is looking for fuel economy not performance.... maybe a bit performance, but mainly I want to be able to reach CT with something left in the pocket.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JamesD
Carburettor
What model do you have?: SP 1600

Re: Fuel Injection

Post by JamesD »

If you spend a small fraction of that cash on a decent dyno session to set up the jetting on carbs then you can get good fuel efficiency. I have a dicktator on the Birkin, seems like a nice system, but if you want best fuel economy then you need a management system that can do wideband lambda as well...
From fastest to slowest:

Birkin race car, not much is standard
Lotus Elise 111R, almost everything is standard
'75 SP 1600 with a few mods
B8 A4 Avant tdi, towing made easy
Wentzel
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: T1 1977,76

Re: Fuel Injection

Post by Wentzel »

Hi Adriaan,

You can talk to Louis (4Agedub) on the forum for a Gotech EFI system and some advice, there is also Spitronics that looks like a nice system. I have EFI on my Beetle and used stripped out carbs (Dellorto's) as throttle bodies. I like the EFI route as it has a lot of adjust-ability and can control your timing at the same time. If mapped properly you should see good fuel mileage and performance.
Oxyboxer Project

Never Ending Beetle Project viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35724
Lolette Spyder Project http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... 23&t=32175