Engines by VdubTech / Bugger Transmissions

Members can advertise their services here...
eben
Site Admin
What model do you have?: None
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ebenve
Slovakia

Re: Engines by VdubTech / Bugger Transmissions

Post by eben »

Pierre, what is the reliability like on those rotaries? What is their most common issue?

Bugger
Advertiser
Advertiser
What model do you have?: a Few Models
Facebook: Pierre Bugger Eksteen

Post by Bugger »

acpaterson wrote:Jeeez Pierre, stunning stuff, QUALITY looking motors there.
Thumbs up my man.
(Wondering what it might cost for a new Sub and Tin down to Cape Town)

Send me a e-mail to info AT vdubtech DOT co DOT za and I will mail you a Pic of a Chrome twincarb motor we built for a Ghia and give you some Pricing options

Eben the big problem with the rotaries was the chattering of the seals inside the ally housing then that causes the Apex seals to break and get damaged

I have just spend about R25K on Super seals and special springs with oil seals for a complete rebuilt on my Dokas motor
yip a Propper rebuilt is not cheap but those seals are nearly indestructable it can take lots of detonation and abuse

And cooling is also very important on a Rotary

I have moved my oil cooler and added a air scoop to force air through the oil cooler and my oil temp came down from average casual driving 129deg celsius to around 80 deg
by just doingthat my water temp has also came down from avarage 95 deg to 85 deg a whole 10deg just by making the oil cooler more efficient

I have built this Blue Microbus for Long distance towing my The Fly or Flag Buggy to Racing events all over SA

Most of the guys go for the LEXUS V8 in their colt and Isuzu Bakkies and I wanted to be completely different with the rotary and not being left behind uphills changing down to 2nd gear

Richard Remember it is Piston and Ring this sunday
Adapterplates Available for Rotary in Beetle and others aswell
And Special Boxes built for Rotary Conversions and Scubies
Pierre
082 600 8663

CLick on Banner Below to be routed to the Web site

Hloni
Exhaust Pipe
What model do you have?: It was a '75.

Post by Hloni »

Bugger, just to resuscitate an old topic:
My old man has a colt bakkie running a 2.7 diesel n/a motor. Uses it for hauling a trailer with sheep and all things 4 legged. But eish...that 2.7 goes up hills at 75km/h. Would you recommend a conversion, and in particular the Lexus conversion? How much is one expected to fork out on these conversions?
"Volkswagen customers want a relationship with their cars. Names like The Thing, Beetle, Fox, and Rabbit support this" - Kerri Martin