Just feedback on the gears,
I removed the coupler and shift rod, noticed some grooves on the shift rod which I filed down. There was a definite lip/burr on the one and I can imagine it catching on the spring lever thingy inside the tunnel. No bushes here.
Then I added some gearbox oil in the gearbox, turning the input shaft I could see the gears getting a good amount of oil on them and in between the teeth. I engaged first gear and again turned the input shaft, then did the same with second and reverse, selecting gears on the coupler connected to the hockey stick. I did that a few times, which was probably not necessary.
Tried to engage third and again it would not go, but I could feel a bit of movement. Using a rubber mallet I gently tapped it into third. When I pulled the coupler to get to neutral again I pulled it straight into fourth gear by hand. That was the end of the stuck third and fourth. Connected the shifter rod and shifter and all is working. Third and fourth is harder to engage than the rest of the gears but at least I can engage them.
At the moment Im just cleaning and testing all the electrical bits, so far all is in working order and they are ready to go in.
I do however need an earlier 'SG' ignition switch. I do have the 'SC' which is a 60's one but the screw holes arent lining up. Would prefer to get something that fits rather than having to modify it. I do have a type 3 and also a split bus ignition switch if someone wants to swop.
Also in need of a 6 wire turn signal switch housing for bug.