New Buggy Build...

Give details and pictures of your ACVW projects here.
keithm18@gmail.com
Oil Leak
What model do you have?: Beach Buggy
South Africa

New Buggy Build...

Post by keithm18@gmail.com »

Hi Guys.

So it's time...

I am going to be using my spare shortened, straight, stripped pan, transaxle/gearbox and front beam to build my own buggy, now that my sons is just a matter of fine tuning..

I am leaning towards a Lolette or Salamander look and more of a street buggy than an off roader like my sons.

I have decided I want go for a 1.8/2.0 Golf engine. Probably fuel Injected. Have considered Sabaru, Nissan etc etc but have settled on the golf motor for now.

I am starting to look for a rebuilt engine, adapter plate, wiring, radiator and body for this.

I am going to be taking my time and will be posting lots of pics as I go. I want to do this one right the first time and keep the costs down.

If anyone has a lead on any of the above items, please feel free to let me know.

I am based in Johannesburg.

Cheers for now.

Sent from my STK-L21 using Tapatalk

keithm18@gmail.com
Oil Leak
What model do you have?: Beach Buggy
South Africa

Re: New Buggy Build...

Post by keithm18@gmail.com »

Time for some advice please....

So I have two Nissan 1400's plus converter plate and radiator etc etc on its way to me for one of the projects...I think the guy selling it to may even be on this forum.

The engine has a Roland Weber manifold on it. But no carb... As I understand it the 32/34 is ideal but a 32/36 will fit.... Here is the rub those carbs are rare and very expensive...

Even a second hand one and then a rebuild kit is over 2k....and then comes jetting...

Then I stumble across articles about golf Mk1 carbs placed onto the Nissan 1400's... And they are much better priced (600 bucks new and you only need to change the idle jets?)

Does anyone know of an adapter to bolt a VW golf mk1 carb to a Roland Webber intake and where I can get such...

The other safe option is to get a on original intake manifold and bolt that up to a standard 1400 carb... They seem to pretty decent price wise and a second hand set plus rebuild kit is around 1400 bucks... Co-incidence... Perhaps not...

Final option may be an original manifold with an adapter to a golf carb...

Your comments and advice welcome..

Thanks Guys.

Sent from my STK-L21 using Tapatalk