Cyndi Kritzinger
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: '76 BRAZILIA '78 BAY
Facebook: yes

DEVILBISS SPRAY GUN WANTED

Post by Cyndi Kritzinger »

HOWDY.

I'M LOOKING FOR A DEVILBISS SPRAY GUN. DOESN'T HAVE TO BE NEW, JUST IN GOOD CONDITION AND REASONABLY PRICED.

THANKS

MARK

fourier
Oil Cooler
What model do you have?: '59 Ghia, '77 Beetle
South Africa

Re: DEVILBISS SPRAY GUN WANTED

Post by fourier »

Hi Mark,

Are you looking for any Devilbiss spray gun, or a specific model?
(o= i =o) (o\ ! /o)
Cyndi Kritzinger
Donor
Donor

HOWDY.

THANKS FOR RESPONDING.
YES, I AM LOOKING FOR A FINISHING GUN SO PROBABLY THE GTI PRO/GTI PRO LITE/ GTI OR GTI LITE. I ALSO HAVE A LEANING TOWARD THE GRAVITY FEED VERSION.
THESE ARE OF COURSE THE BETTER RANGE AND COST THE MOST. THERE HAVE BEEN A FEW ADVERTISED IN THE LAST MONTH OR SO BUT EITHER AT PRICES A BIT HIGHER THAN I'D LIKE TO PAY OR NOT COMPLETE. SOME HAVE ALSO BEEN SOLD BUT THE SELLER IS TOO LAZY TO REMOVE HIS AD.

I HAVE A GUY WHO IS SUPPOSED TO DROP OFF A GUN AT GRAND SLAM FOR ME BUT THAT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR A WEEK NOW WITH NO RESULT. THAT ONE IS COMPLETE AND IS A GTI FOR R1000.
THERE IS A GTI PRO UP FOR GRABS ABOUT 8KMS FROM ME BUT IS INCOMPLETE AND THE GUY WANTS R3500 FOR IT?????

I WILL HOWEVER LOOK AT ANY OF THE DEVILBISS RANGE AS THEY ARE ALL GOOD QUALITY AND PARTS ARE AVAILABLE ALBEIT AT QUITE A STIFF PREMIUM. THE AGENTS ARE ONLY 1KM FROM ME.

I'M HOPING YOU ASKED BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO OFFER BUT IF NOT, THANKS ALL THE SAME.
fourier
Oil Cooler
South Africa

Post by fourier »

Sadly I don't have one to offer, but thought it would be easier to find what you're looking for if you provide more detail.

I have also been trawling the classified for a GTI PRO LITE for a while, but have not found a complete gun, with the air cap/nozzle combination I'm after. There is currently a guy in Paarl selling two brand new PRO LITEs for R5500 each, but not the combinations I'm after. Just be careful, there are Chinese fakes popping up in the market, so do your research...

Good luck with your search!
(o= i =o) (o\ ! /o)
Cyndi Kritzinger
Donor
Donor

YEP, I'VE BEEN LOOKING AS WELL, EVEN ON E-BAY.
I'M AWARE OF THE CHINESE FAKES BUT THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP. IF I COME ACROSS SOMETHING I THINK MAY BE WHAT YOU'RE AFTER I'LL DROP YOU A LINE. IF YOU SEND ME YOUR PARTICULAR PREFERENCE I'LL KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO KEEP MY EYES OPEN FOR.
I'M NOT AS PARTICULAR AS YOU ARE AT THE MOMENT.
BEGGARS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS SO THEY SAY. I'LL MAKE THE ADJUSTMENTS AS I GET THE CASH.
fourier
Oil Cooler
South Africa

Post by fourier »

Thanks Mark,

I'm after the GTI Pro Lite, with T110 air cap and 1.2/1.3mm nozzle. There are various air caps and needles available for this gun, and one should select the best combination for the type of paint you are planning to use, and the finish you are aiming for. Be a little "particular" in your selection, otherwise you could end up being disappointed in a gun, that is not suited to your application.
(o= i =o) (o\ ! /o)
Cyndi Kritzinger
Donor
Donor

WHAT FINISH ARE YOU LOOKING FOR/WHAT PAINT ARE YOU USING?

I'M GOING TO BE USING IT MAINLY WITH 2K BUT WILL ALSO NEED IT TO DO BASECOAT AND EVEN CLEARCOAT ON OCCASSION.
I'M ASSUMING THAT THE SMALLER THE NEEDLE/TIP, THE FINER THE MOLECULE/ATOM? I SEE THAT THE T110 CAP USES THE LEAST AMOUNT OF AIR. DOES THAT MEAN YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH A SMALLER COMPRESSOR OR THAT THE COMPRESSOR DOESN'T WORK SO HARD?
ARE YOU INTO THE PAINTING THING?
fourier
Oil Cooler
South Africa

Post by fourier »

I spoke to a few Devilbiss reps, both locally, and from the UK, and subsequently arrived at my preferred combination.

I will be using the gun mainly for Glasurit 22-line single stage (2K) paint. The T110 cap, produces a glass-like finish (minimal orange peel), which is what I want. My home compressor is also not that big, so the T110 cap will also work best with this constraint.

Your requirements may be different, requiring a different combination. The only point I wanted to make, is that these guns are configured for purpose, not one size fits all...
(o= i =o) (o\ ! /o)
Cyndi Kritzinger
Donor
Donor

I GOT YOU.
THANKS.