The Week That Was

Come talk £%$ with us.
hifibug57
Crankshaft
What model do you have?: jap-hybrid......
Germany

Re: The Week That Was

Post by hifibug57 »

Borat_Two_thumbs_up_yours.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

resident VW exporter
lowlight
Fuel Injection
What model do you have?: beetle, bus, kg
South Africa

Post by lowlight »

Chris congrates on your kids prestations
Some days we are the flies , some days we are the windscreens
Chris
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Beach Buggy

Post by Chris »

Thanks Lowlight. ;)
Damn,I'm good!
Beach Buggy (Running and now Aircooled!)
VW TDi DC
Jetta V TDi
Dutch_Diver
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: 64 bus & 63 Bug
Facebook: www.facebook.com/people/Frank-Van-Hoof/576686903

Post by Dutch_Diver »

Excellent......is all I can say....do you get an award nomination for this?
"MO" - 1965 Splitscreen bus --> http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... =37&t=9305" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"BOBBIE" - 1963 Beetle --> http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... 23&t=11338" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vader
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: TieFighter
Location: Help!I don't know where I am. Its dark & I can hear voices...

Post by vader »

Yes a Rassberry!!!
"My other ride is your SeatCover! & She loves it!"
Sometimes you'r the statue, sometimes your the pigeon.
"Only the dead go free..." Roger Waters.
"You do not understand the power of the DarkSide" Darth Vader.
Chris
ACVWSA Junkie

Post by Chris »

Half a world away from the UK,a woman opens the Sunday Times.She browses through the articles and her eye catches a headline.She starts reading,but a quater of the way into the article,she puts it down and starts crying uncontrolably.

I looked at my wife.I could see the horror in her eyes,and for a moment I thought that thearticle was about someone she knew that died.But it was much worse then that.This was much worse.The person that died,she never met or never heard off.What makes a woman cry,what could be that bad?

As I held her,I started reading and got about a paragraph into the same article.Haringey Council in The UK neglected to do their job,badly.They ignored the warning signs of a beautifull young boy that was in grave danger.18 months abuse eventually led to his grusome death.I don't even want to go into details.I hope they burn in hell for what they have done,and may they never see their new born baby girl evr again.

Today is Universal Childrens Day and we need to be more aware of behaviour like this.The world is in bad enough chaos as it is,and we don't need incidents like these.Not in the UK,not in SA and for that matter,anywhere in the world.

"We are forgiven a lot of sins,but not the sins we commit against children"

On a lighter note

Sambabus is getting all nostalgic,and wants your old LP's,but Rabid And will export them for you at a handsome profit,but not before Hifibug played it on his wind up phonogram.

The Force has forced Vader to take the Darkside back to Dave Rowley.Not even Luke gave Vader this much hassles.

Beetle Buddies looks like they have gone out of business.Now we can never say they didn't do any good for Beetles.

Greenbean is our resident Voortrekker.Congrats on the Buggy.

Pine has saved a Flletline SC from being exported and has found a happy home in SA.Bltzkrieg hasn't even noticed it,but rather saw the red Beetle in the pic.

JohnHoffe has rescued a Fleetline from becoming scrap metal.He is still looking for it.

Dutch Diver has finally been invited to a run by SambaOwner.Now please stop nagging!
eben wrote:In the UK you'll now have to ask for a protitute's CV or you might be in big trouble:

The laws are expected to cover nine out of 10 prostitutes, ..........
Who will cover the tenth one...?
Damn,I'm good!
VW TDi DC
Jetta V TDi
vader
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: TieFighter
Location: Help!I don't know where I am. Its dark & I can hear voices...

Post by vader »

I could cover her......
"My other ride is your SeatCover! & She loves it!"
Sometimes you'r the statue, sometimes your the pigeon.
"Only the dead go free..." Roger Waters.
"You do not understand the power of the DarkSide" Darth Vader.
Blitzkrieg
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: none

Post by Blitzkrieg »

*bump*
If it's too low, you're too old :twisted:
Chris
ACVWSA Junkie

Post by Chris »

Bump what? :lol:
Damn,I'm good!
VW TDi DC
Jetta V TDi
eben
Site Admin
What model do you have?: None
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ebenve
Slovakia

Post by eben »

*shake*
Chris
ACVWSA Junkie

Post by Chris »

Sooooooooo,here we are again. :mrgreen:

This year is nearly gone.A lot has happened this year from new born babies to good old actors that is no longer with us.The economy hasn't done us any favours neither has the politicians and I hope we can Cope next year.HR is no longer a parking attentand.Watercool has sold us some of the most awesome models ever seen on this site.Members have grown to over a thousand and in an unrelated story,greenhouse gasses has melted more ice in the North Pole,so all gifts will be delivered by Jetski.

Scrap cars that have been reborn and good cars have gone.Not dead,but lost to the Island which makes it as good as dead.Some were stolen by the "have nots",while some have been written off in accidents or due to fires.Others found good homes,and others that already have good homes got some much needed love and some awesome new make overs like the Razor's Edge.Some are still parked in garages and waiting for attention.Some Splitties like Lowlight's and Dutch Diver's are getting make-overs as is Tom's Thing.Rabid Ant's Speedster is getting the red carpet treatment.And then there were the ones that got resurrected like a Star Wars movie.

We had some awesome meetings too,the KKKAK in Potch,where I nearly got washed away.The Vaal meet,Weekend at Bonny's,George motor Show,Worcester Whales and Wheels,French Grand Prix with ZeroAxe being the host :wink: ,HoodRidez,Joburg Meet with me and Bob,Cape Town meet with Eben and and his Fasty and SambaOwner as host,and the Joburg meet(again) with HR and Pine and Bugger as hosts,Cars In The Park,Phenomenal Bugz cars at Lord of the Blings,Ferdi's Swap meet and Joburg Cars In The Park.And what makes it so cool is that we were represented at all of them.We are out there and representing what we love best,although Goblin seems to have his hands full at the meets. :hangloose:

We had people in the news,even if it was a pic from the Lionel Richie Show on the frontpage of the Cape Argus.A couple of lucky cars got into movies and adds.

Some guys weren't in the news but deserved to be like Suzie.Unfortunately he was part of statistics,but still part of our family.And talking of family,it made me proud when the guys came through for other members on the forum like 1972(Shane) and Suzie.We make the Three Musketeers look like Army deserters.

Some of us also had our mistunderstandings and fights.DSK and VZi comes to mind.Some others on the Samba.Mostly about exporting,but also sometimes due to people not reading or that can't be bothered with our rules.Not that our rules are that strict in the first place,but we had some real panicky idiots come along.Eben,any news on that Schwimwagen? :wink:

Yes dear friends,another year is comming to an end,there were ups and downs,triumph and tragedy,and triumph over tragedy,just ask Beetlepower and Forcecooled.The strenght of human spirit never siezes to amaze me.Some of us have been away from home for a long time working overseas.Beetlfanatic,Ron and Gazzapan are now all hopefully home to spend Christmas with their families,while Tony is still floating around somewhere.

Next week it will be Christmas and a lot of kids will be getting presents from a pleasant old man they have never met.Which means a lot of kids in Cape Town will meet Vader,their real dad,for the first time.But that aside,I hope that all of you have a blessed Christmas.May you all a peace and prosperity and may all your dreams come true.If you go anywhere drive save,if you fly overseas,like......uhm..........let's say Australia,be nice to the people.

Hopefully next year will be a better year for all of us.There will be more members on the forum and I believe that more people will become aware of the love we have for aircooled's.May the shows grow to numbers we have never seen before and more and more people save our ACVW heritage.No Goblin,not that kind of show and not that kind of growth! :lol:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all of you.Next year will be a great year.
Damn,I'm good!
VW TDi DC
Jetta V TDi
Pine
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Oil on the driveway

Post by Pine »

Some excellent writing there, Chris - well done :wink:
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

brilliant as always Chris.
Merry Christmas to you and your family too
Blitzkrieg
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: none

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Now that is what we were waiting for!! Excellent script there chris :mrgreen:
If it's too low, you're too old :twisted:
ZeroAxe
Drive Train
What model do you have?: FUmobile

Post by ZeroAxe »

Chris wrote:.....Some are still parked in garages and waiting for attention....
Ja, ja... ok. The Fastback got to wait it's turn.... :evil: :cry:

Chris wrote:French Grand Prix with ZeroAxe being the host
Anytime Ou Maat! Hope to see you again :hangloose:
VW Enthusiast
ImageImageImageImage