Dutch_Diver
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: 64 bus & 63 Bug
Facebook: www.facebook.com/people/Frank-Van-Hoof/576686903

Re: The Week That Was

Post by Dutch_Diver »

If the next 10,000 posts can all be as good as this one! :cry:

You are a good friend and now with a WVSC, it can only get better! :hangloose:
"MO" - 1965 Splitscreen bus --> http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... =37&t=9305" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"BOBBIE" - 1963 Beetle --> http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... 23&t=11338" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bugger
Advertiser
Advertiser
What model do you have?: a Few Models
Facebook: Pierre Bugger Eksteen

Post by Bugger »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: l: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: l: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Adapterplates Available for Rotary in Beetle and others aswell
And Special Boxes built for Rotary Conversions and Scubies
Pierre
082 600 8663

CLick on Banner Below to be routed to the Web site

Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

The year is nearly over.... might be time for a small update??
Chris
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Beach Buggy

Post by Chris »

I'll post something tomorrow......just because you asked so nicely. :wink:
Damn,I'm good!
Beach Buggy (Running and now Aircooled!)
VW TDi DC
Jetta V TDi
Chris
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Beach Buggy

Post by Chris »

When I opened this post last night and read Tony's request to post an update,"Don't stop believing",the Journey song, was playing on TV after a movie I watched.Can you still remember that? "Just a city boy,born and raised in south Detroit,He took the midnight train going anywhere"......uhm....caught myself singing there again,sorry.Must be one of my all time favourite songs.I sat for a minute and I listened to it and sort of got lost in the lyrics for a moment.So much so that I didn't hear my son when he came and kissed me goodnight.

It has been a long year for a lot of you.Some of us had hardships and loss,and it wasn't always easy keeping spirits up during this year with all it's trouble.The recession took it's toll on most of us.I saw my friends struggling and my heart went out to people that lost a lot of what they've worked hard for their whole life.Some weren't effected that badly,but it didn't make their loss any less painfull.Some of us lost their jobs and others lost their cars and homes.Vader lost his father during the year too after a long illness.

Before it all sounds like doom and gloom,sit for a moment and think of all the good things that happened.At almost the same time as Vader's dad's passing,Benjamin was born and Eben and Natasha couldn't hide their smiles.Not too many know,but Ladybug also had another baby recently and I hope baby bring you lots of joy.Rabid Ant's little one is also giving him some sleepless nights,and by the time I wrote this,Muderick's new baby should be home already.Bad Ass Bob was unsure about his future,but another door opened and soon his wife might get some good news after not being able to find a job the past year.Ron and Gill tied the knot at last and judging by the smile on their faces,they seem very happy.

Karmakoma got his wish twice this year.First the Notch,then the Fleetline that he bought from Hifibug.SambaOwner and HR also got what they wanted when they bought Hifi's Karman Ghia and Beetle.And from what I hear,HR isn't done yet.YvanneS felt like a little boy when he got his hands on a Notch,hope it works out for you.Thumper had a couple of sleepless nights,but then Mrs Thumper landed a great job and his business turned for the best.Forcecooled recovered well from his operation,and the Oom his his old self again.Stew 69 is busy with his yellow canary....Bus.....yellow Bus,and it looks great.Pine's making good progress with the HotWheels 2 project and Blitz is,well, progressing.

Unfortunately Dutch Diver will be leaving us soon in the new year and will be returning to the Island.I'm sure I speak for many when I say that we hope all goes well and that we hope that you visit us often.Maybe one day you'll be back permanently.Talking of going home,ZeroAxe also visited us recently and it was great returning the favour to my friend when we went on a road trip to Cape Town.TonyZ will be in SA soon and from what I hear,we might sit on the steps of some building at the George Motor Show enjoying a cold one on my 40th and taking some pics of the seatcovers walking by.

I still have a lot of battles that I have to fight in the new year as well.The T5 DC,which I fetched back from the dealership 4 weeks ago under advice from my lawyer,is leaking oil out the "fixed" gearbox and the clutch is slipping.The SC is another issue that needs to get sorted.But things might be looking up for me as well,as I had a offer from a company in Joburg to represent them in PE.

And this the point I'm trying to make.Even when times are realy bad,don't stop believing.Things have a way of sorting themselves out.I've seen a lot of good happening this year,but we tend to miss it while we are fighting to keep the wolves away from the door.We forget that we are friends and piss each other off when we say things just because it's your opinion and you have the right to say it.

HR and the Beach Buggy Club of SA is currently on their yearly outing and last night they were sleeping over in Bredasdorp.Please guys,drive save,but most of all,enjoy it and take lots of pictures.Can you think of a better way to spend time with family and friends? Have lots of fun guys.

A lot of new members have joined our site.They are still getting to know some of us and I hope that I will be able to meet all of them.My wish for 2010 is that we are all happy and that only good good will come from it.To make a lot more friends and meet up with all the old ones.To be in a position to help where I can and not to let small things upset me.I'm getting too old for that shit and life is too short.There are too many good things to enjoy.

Here is wishing everyone a prosperous 2010.I'm hoping that the Soccer World Cup won't interfere too much with you travel time to work and that the male sport personalities learn that having more than one woman just means trouble.But most of all,may there be lots of joy,friendship and happiness.May friends be many and your friendship mean plenty to others and may you and your families be blessed and healthy.

But most of all,Don't stop believing!
Damn,I'm good!
Beach Buggy (Running and now Aircooled!)
VW TDi DC
Jetta V TDi
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

Brilliant as always Chris... you should be a journalist or writer
Dirk
Exhaust Pipe
What model do you have?: Beetle, Fasty

Post by Dirk »

Chris wrote:But most of all,Don't stop believing!
Well done Chris!!

BTW. Have you heard, Dirk's got a Fasty :D
http://djb.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

`68 Beetle
`66 Fastback
'90 Sunpacer
vader
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: TieFighter
Location: Help!I don't know where I am. Its dark & I can hear voices...

Post by vader »

:hangloose: :hangloose: :hangloose:

Who is Dirk?
"My other ride is your SeatCover! & She loves it!"
Sometimes you'r the statue, sometimes your the pigeon.
"Only the dead go free..." Roger Waters.
"You do not understand the power of the DarkSide" Darth Vader.
karmakoma
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: 69 dual trunk coupe

Post by karmakoma »

:hangloose:

and thanks to Chris for being our own transporter, (with more hair and fewer guns!). :D

Glad to hear things are looking up.
lowlight
Fuel Injection
What model do you have?: beetle, bus, kg
South Africa

Post by lowlight »

Well done Chris.
May all the members and their families have a prosperious 2010
Some days we are the flies , some days we are the windscreens
vader
ACVWSA Junkie

Post by vader »

Oi!!!! Where is the update Motor Mouth!!! :twisted: :puterwork:
vader
ACVWSA Junkie

Post by vader »

BUMP!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hitlers revenge
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: buggy
Great Britain

Post by hitlers revenge »

Motor mouth is no more.

As far as I know he is now planting pylons for a living and working 05h00 to 20h00.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Why do we celebrate the guy that invented the wheel??
Surely we must celebrate the guy tat invented the other three