Fiat uno speedo cable problems

Non ACVW models.
Klippie
Oil Pump
What model do you have?: 1973

Fiat uno speedo cable problems

Post by Klippie »

hey guys.

This uno is one problem away form a Tralton meltdown. We basically replaced most parts except the motor itself. We had a guy fix the gearbox and whatnot. but lately the speed-o is like a politician. it only works when it really really wants to. Most of the time im cruising on the highway at about 0km\s, overtaking other car. Any ideas of what it might be? I think it might be the speedo cable. Were can i replace or get this fixed at a decent price? I really hate this car with everything in me. :whip: :flogging: :finger4u: :bn: :rantswitch: :twak:

so please help me! :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme:

!!!!enough torque to tenderize an elephant!!!!
“Much more of a hoot to drive than you might imagine. Think of it if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under her tweed pants. I do, and it helps.”
Pine
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Oil on the driveway

Re: Fiat uno speedo cable problems

Post by Pine »

The Uno dash has two small Allen bolts on the sides of the gauges. Unscrew them, and gently pull the instrument cluster forward and out of the dash. The speedo cable has a plastic clip that holds the cable to the speedometer. The clip unclips from the speedo with a gentle pull away from it. The inner cable has a plastic square piece that fits inbetween the outer cable and the gauge, and this tends to wear.

How do I know this? My Mom had an Uno when I was in Std 8. She kept record of the kilo's, and I didn't have a license :twisted:
Klippie
Oil Pump

Post by Klippie »

hahahahahhahahahahahahaha :hangloose:

thanx alot pine. where can i find a replacement for that square "riet". I know what it is and how it looks. just dont know were i can find a new one? Dont wanna go to the dealer, got ripped of more than once.
“Much more of a hoot to drive than you might imagine. Think of it if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under her tweed pants. I do, and it helps.”
Pine
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Oil on the driveway

Post by Pine »

Klippie
Oil Pump

Post by Klippie »

:hangloose: Thanks alot pine. You are a saint. Got what i need only R150 for the hole cable. whoop whoop. I wonder if there is a OMG!I!HATE!MY!UNO!SA Forum? :?: