Name the movie

Non ACVW models.
Pine
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Oil on the driveway

Name the movie

Post by Pine »

Name the movie - Roger Moore, in a Steyr-Puch Haflinger, in South Africa!

(IMPI not allowed to answer :twisted: )

IMPI
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: sp2

Re: Name the movie

Post by IMPI »

TAH in die bosveld Nylstroom?
Who cares how it's done in California? :twisted:
(018) 473-0186
CooP
Clutch
What model do you have?: '71/72 Hybrid Westy
South Africa

Post by CooP »

Gold?
Size does matter
Ron&Gill
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: Type 1, 21b, 34, 316
Netherlands

Post by Ron&Gill »

Wot he said...
1964 T34 - The Razor: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10290
1956 T2 1b - Gill's bus: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10948
1967 T316 - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10931 & viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15977
2000 beach buggy - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10915
Pine
ACVWSA Junkie

Post by Pine »

CooP wrote:Gold?
Correct! :hangloose:
Gold is a 1974 thriller film starring Roger Moore and Susannah York and directed by Peter R. Hunt. It was based on the 1970 novel Gold Mine by Wilbur Smith. Moore plays Rod Slater, General Manager of a South African gold mine, who is instructed by his boss Steyner (Bradford Dillman) to break through an underground dike into what he is told is a rich seam of gold. Meanwhile he falls in love with Steyner's wife Terry, played by York. The film was only released as part of a double bill in the United States.
The film was controversially filmed in South Africa under the apartheid regime, with some scenes filmed at Pinewood Studios in London.

The film begins with a tunnel collapse at the Sonderditch mine, in a scene that establishes the courage of Slater and his chief miner, 'Big King', and the bond of trust between them. This is contrasted with the contempt with which some other white managers treat the black miners. It is soon revealed that the collapse was no accident, but part of a plan by a London-based criminal syndicate, which includes the mine-owner's son-in-law Manfred Steyner, to destroy the mine so that the syndicate members can profit from share-dealing. This will be done by drilling through a deep underground wall or 'dyke' which is all that prevents an adjacent reservoir of water from flooding the mine.

The mine's General Manager, an accomplice in the plot, was killed in the tunnel collapse. Steyner interviews Slater, who at this stage is Underground Manager, for the now vacant post of General Manager, although the mine owner has another candidate in mind. At this point, Slater first meets Steyner's wife Terry and is attracted to her, but she does not return his interest. However, Steyner arranges for them to meet again, in the hope that Terry will influence her grandfather, the mine owner, in Slater's favour. The plan works, with two consequences: Slater becomes General Manager, and he and Terry start a love affair. Slater, unaware of the criminal plan, agrees to carry out the drilling but is cautious enough to plant a safety charge that will block the tunnel in case of a water leak. Steyner knows that Slater is having an affair with his wife, but allows it to continue because it will keep Slater away from the mine, so that the safety charge can be disabled without his knowledge.

While Slater and Terry are holidaying together, the final breach is made in the underground dyke and the mine begins to flood, trapping a thousand workers. Slater hears of the disaster on the radio news, and flies with Terry back to the mine. There is a tense scene in which Slater and Big King descend the mine, amidst rising flood waters, to repair the safety charge. They succeed, but only because Big King sacrifices his own life to detonate the charge, letting Slater escape. Meanwhile, Steyner is murdered by Marais, one of his accomplices, after they hear on the radio that their plan has unravelled,Marais also crashes and kills himself. This conveniently leaves Terry free to continue her relationship with Slater, as the film ends.

IMPI
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: sp2

Post by IMPI »

Filming was also done at the Buffelsfontein mine near Stilfontein. A rolls Royce was blown up and the wreck laid for years near the waste dump. We are still pumping water from these old mined out mines today showing that Wilbur Smith did his research well in those days.
Armand
Who cares how it's done in California? :twisted:
(018) 473-0186
Pine
ACVWSA Junkie

Post by Pine »

IMPI wrote:Filming was also done at the Buffelsfontein mine near Stilfontein. A rolls Royce was blown up and the wreck laid for years near the waste dump.
Indeed - a '66 Silver Shadow I

Muderick
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 65T2 66T1 72T2 73T2

Post by Muderick »

Haflinger Puch I have being eyeing the past month....

for R8000.00

http://capetown-westerncape.gumtree.co. ... Z387847770
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Old School or Bust!
riaanj
Exhaust Pipe
What model do you have?: None ATM, oneday...

Post by riaanj »

They are sooooo cool..
Muderick wrote:Haflinger Puch I have being eyeing the past month....

for R8000.00

http://capetown-westerncape.gumtree.co. ... Z387847770
Just keep on BUGGIN'
Protect the endangered, say NO to exporting our AirCooled spares & cars..

T6 Ranger 2.2TDCi D/Cab
307E Anglia panel-van
Honda CBR600RR
Honda CBR600F4
Honda CBR1100XX SuperBlackbird
Ron&Gill
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: Type 1, 21b, 34, 316
Netherlands

Post by Ron&Gill »

I made a ripstop roof for one of those once, when I was still operating JC Enterprises, a tent making, canvas repair, general heavy duty sewing company.

Money for old rope, ek sê.

Afterwards, the owner challenged me to a run on Melkbos Beach Road which was flooded (April) and he was astounded at the buggy's capability. Sea water was coming over the gunwales as I drove through the puddles, but I made it. Being winter, I didn't drive the buggy for a few months after that, and when I did, I discovered the front suspension was solid, vas, niks maakie.

School fees... rebuilt the front end.
1964 T34 - The Razor: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10290
1956 T2 1b - Gill's bus: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10948
1967 T316 - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10931 & viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15977
2000 beach buggy - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10915