Pictures of your car/s
Forum rules
Only post pictures of YOUR cars here.
Alex20
Drip
What model do you have?: 1969 VW 1600 Baja

1978 Volkswagen 1600S

Post by Alex20 »

Hi guys. I'd like to share with you my current project and introduce myself as I'm new on ACVWSA. My name is Alexander and I'm a second year diesel apprentice at a reputable tractor company. My ride. Well his name is Mossie, a family heirloom, one which my father considered scrapping or stripping as it was left under a tree in the wind and weather for a few years.
As I love the car I refused to let him die and decided to take it up as a project also modifying it to my own tastes. Currently it's basically stock standard and I've only gotten it back on the road. I've been stacking up parts for the last few months, including a proper 4 into 1 stainless system, 40 Dellorto sidedraft, golf distributor and coil, a second beam and empi SAW style adjusters. Also having a set of rostyles made up which will be 30 & 50mm wider on a 3 inch narrowed beam. Over time I'd like to get the rust repaired and return it to it's standard glory. But for the time being, I'll do what it looks quite a few people forgot. Enjoy it for what it is while I can. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

retrovan
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 52T1,68FB,72Bay,75FL
Netherlands

Re: 1978 Volkswagen 1600S

Post by retrovan »

Welcome, good to see your project.

Looking very good.

You have made a lot of progress already, will be good to see when you done.

Herman
1952 Split Beetle 1835cc
1968 Fastback 2Lt.type4
1972 Low Light Bay Panel Van 2Lt type 4
1975 Fleetline Panel Van 1914cc
2020 MeFusco Beetle Truck 2Lt type 4
1972 FT Hahn SP 1776 cc
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

Welcome to the forum
Project is looking good so far.
The golf dizzy will lead to a very unhappy engine - there has been plenty written about it on this forum, basically the advance is all wrong for the bug.

Keep us posted on your progress, I am sure we all want to see it happen!
Alex20
Drip
What model do you have?: 1969 VW 1600 Baja

Post by Alex20 »

ImageImageImage

My dad fitted the roof rack this morning as I'm not at home during the week.

Thanks a lot Tony and Retrovan. I haven't read any of your threads yet Retrovan, BUT I have read all about ANGERR. Was it two or three R's? Image

Anyway is the golf distributor the same as the 009 as I avoided that for the flat spot? The only reason I went with golf was due to availability and being popular and easily modified to our pickups etc. I only recently discovered the Accuspark setups available from German Steel Toyz. As I'm planning on having a set of heads done sometime I want electronic as to not worry about the higher rev range. With all honesty, my current standard points and condenser setup is spot on so I can't really justify replacing it.

The very guilty sidedraft.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk