Forum rules
Only post pictures of YOUR cars here.
sean
Transmission
What model do you have?: Bays & Splits
South Africa

1995 VolksieBus Camper

Post by sean »

Here's a buy I just couldn't resist. I picked it up this past week. I suppose its time to grab a T3 before its too late.

It was purchased new in 1995 and sent to Cocks Campers in Brackenfell to have the high roof camper conversion fitted. The bus is standard with the 1.8 motor that is tilted on its side to fit under the low engine bay. Its a real disappointment though, the golf style motor is absolutely useless in a bus (my 2.0 Type 4 Autovilla is faster), the 2.5i would have been much nicer, but oh well. I think I must find a WBX6 to go in here....

The interior is still immaculate on it and what a fantastic camper layout. The body is all still original, but it has some small rust spots under the front windscreen starting, but further no rust at all. The very best part though, it was only 7k. :twisted:

Here are some pics.

Gerhard Volksie Bfn
Oil Pump
What model do you have?: various
Facebook: Volksiemuseum gerhard

Re: 1995 VolksieBus Camper

Post by Gerhard Volksie Bfn »

Good buy. Congrats.
Rust under the windscreen is the reason why later models was fitted with blackout stickers. Heated up much faster in the sun to disperse the moist.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
beetlefanatic
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: Late Bay, Syncro x 2

Post by beetlefanatic »

Very nice.and for R7k it's a steal.

Fit a 2.0l golf engine. My doka goes quite well with it and they are almoat indestructible as long as it has oil and water. The only problems I have had since 2009 has been water pipes burst ans crappy plastic firtings on the water circuit.
The only substitute for cubic inches are more cubic inches.
Terry Phillips
Fuel Injection
What model do you have?: T3,1beetle
Zambia

Post by Terry Phillips »

Nice find Sean,very neat interior. I have the T3 CI camper and fitted a Toyota 2CT motor many yrs ago and used the 2.6 radiator and pipes from Gilo Engineering.I never had a problem with overheating and i ride it very hard as its a diesel and runs hotter than a petrol.Its well worth looking at a the 2.6 cooling system with which ever engine you choose to fit.Get the biggest header tank you can so the cooling system holds more water and has a pressure cap,then I fitted another expansion tank to catch the water it spits out when its hot.You have to bleed the cooling system !00% though.
Good luck.
sean
Transmission
What model do you have?: Bays & Splits
South Africa

Post by sean »

After acquiring this bus, I can honestly say that a Golf motor is the most useless motor I have ever encounted in a bus. It has absolutely no torque and its certainly quite hideous to try rev the crap out of it to get it to go. My Autovilla with the 2.0L type 4 has substantially better pulling power.

Now just to find the WBX6 to get rid of this vrot motor.