Drip
What model do you have?: 1972 Beetle 1600DP

All my children

Post by TshepoB »

Hi all. This here is the reason for my huge grin. 😁
Every morning I'm blowing kisses
Living in what heavenly bliss is

Really I could do this all night.

I have gathered a lot of bodywork and electrical work insight on this most beautiful car. Now I'm looking forward to mentorship and internship on the heart of the car being the engine. I have never opened any engine in my life but I'm ready to dive in. I have gotten two engines running 🏃 using this forum but it was all just maintenance stuff.

I'm in Polokwane always have my eyes peeled for anything air cooled. I know all the experience on this here forum will guide me to guruland. To those with knowledge of suppliers, mechanics, machine shops, go to guys in Polokwane please do share. And please all Limpopians PM me, email me, watsapp me heck write me a letter but I'd like and love to meet up with anyone with anything air cooled even if it's just your hair.

Project by project, washer upon bolt they will all be driven.

I love the forum.super hyped to be honored with allowance to enter the Secret Society

Dub on

The difficulty of the cost of being different is worth more than the ease of the mediocrity of being normal. No time to be broke.
73type2
Pushrod
What model do you have?: '73 T2 Single Cab
France

Re: All my children

Post by 73type2 »

Thanks for the pics Tshepo. Looks like you've been badly bitten by the bug. Once you've fallen for a Beetle they tend to breed. I remember when I was still living with my parents the yard was quickly full of Beetles shortly after acquiring my first one. Regarding tackling some engine work, you've already got the right attitude and confidence to start. Get yourself a good manual (like Haynes) and you should be OK.
Eugene
Carburettor
What model do you have?: 2 many 2 mention :-)
South Africa

Post by Eugene »

So sad....you have the disease bud....congrats! :-)
You can never have enough Garages :-(
TshepoB
Drip

Post by TshepoB »

73type2 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:43 pm Thanks for the pics Tshepo. Looks like you've been badly bitten by the bug. Once you've fallen for a Beetle they tend to breed. I remember when I was still living with my parents the yard was quickly full of Beetles shortly after acquiring my first one. Regarding tackling some engine work, you've already got the right attitude and confidence to start. Get yourself a good manual (like Haynes) and you should be OK.
@73type2. I have bought the Muir book,the Bentley manual and the Wilson book. Once they arè here the bookworm in me will čome out. Plan on reading them like a novel -page to page -before I even unscrew a single bolt. I know the information contained in there and the knowledge I'm exposed to here will complement each other perfectly.
The difficulty of the cost of being different is worth more than the ease of the mediocrity of being normal. No time to be broke.
Haans
Camshaft
What model do you have?: 1960 ghia
South Africa

Post by Haans »

Tsepo boet,....skills are sharpened over time,....best is to start now. Cannot betaken away !
I found these gurus to be very helpfull.

Enjoy your condition,.....accept it,....... no cure at all. It can lie dorment for long periods ,... then flare up again with gusto!

Be selective to whom you pass it on to,.😇

Haans
TshepoB
Drip

Post by TshepoB »

Haans wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:55 am Enjoy your condition,.....accept it,....... no cure at all. It can lie dorment for long periods ,... then flare up again with gusto!

Be selective to whom you pass it on to,.😇

Haans
Tell me about it bro. The mighty chronic bug. You are quite correct_the time is now because this here is guruland: skilled, knowledgeable and selfless souls with so much to share, the humor is the cream on the cake.