How to restore Beetle Pan...

Ask and give advice here
OD_1
Oil Seal
What model do you have?: 1976 1600S

How to restore Beetle Pan...

Post by OD_1 »

Hi All,

I would like to restore my beetles pan. To rust proof it and protect it aswell as sound proof it.

If anyone has experience in this area, and stays in the Southern suburbs, i'd like to bring my bug to you to get advise on how to approuch this and what products to use...

Cheers :drunks:

Jessescott
Drip
What model do you have?: 1970

Re: How to restore Beetle Pan...

Post by Jessescott »

i have the same problem, my pan has only surface rust i can clean up but i dont known what to protect it with, this is what i have heard.
1st put rust converter on to remove and stop rust (clean well with wire brush and hot water) then put a black etch primer and then apply your anti rust protection. there are so many out there so just have to find one you are happy with. i would`t use a rubber coating as water can get inside and cause rust.

then some apply a peel and seal foil thing for the sound dampening but again water could creep under that. my advice which i am probably going to do is just apply the anti rust protection and put the carpet over that. that way if any water or moisture gets inside you can always remove the carpet and dry.

anyway thats my opining.

Jesse