Registering a scrapped vehicle without deregistration papers

Ask and give advice here
JBird
Drip
What model do you have?: polo classic

Registering a scrapped vehicle without deregistration papers

Post by JBird »

Hi all

I have recently purchased a vehicle which was manufactured in 1978 (according to VIN). I was told the vehicle was scrapped but do not have the de-registration papers. These might not exist or be impossible to find. There were a stack of license disks on the vehicle, the most recent one read 1988! After talking to the traffic department over the phone, they cannot find any record of the VIN number on eNaTIS... This makes me believe that the vehicle was scrapped before the eNaTIS era, but at the least it is not on their system. I seek the following advice please:

What procedure should i follow to register this vehicle? I have been on the phone for many hours with authorities receiving different advice. I am trying to avoid a lot of effort in going to SAPS Vehicle Clearance Unit (its far for me) without the correct paperwork. From what I understand I need to get an affidavit, RPI, RPC, datadot, roadworthy, get the vehicle weighed etc. etc. but I am not sure of the sequence to follow. I realise that this process would be a lot easier if the de-registration papers were available, and if the vehicle was on the system, but unfortunately I cannot help this.

Please help!
JBird

retrovan
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 52T1,68FB,72Bay,75FL
Netherlands

Re: Registering a scrapped vehicle without deregistration papers

Post by retrovan »

You need to go to your licensing department and get a form from them that you take to the SAPS Vehicle Clearance Unit.

Thats the start.

The licensing department will ask you the engine number as well as the Vin Number, and the SAPS will verify this and give you clearance,

Then you go for all the other things such as Datadot, weight bridge and when you get back to the licensing department, the fun starts with paperwork.

Thats how they do it here in PE

Maybe Paul or Sean can tell you how it goes in CT.

Herman
1952 Split Beetle 1835cc
1968 Fastback 2Lt.type4
1972 Low Light Bay Panel Van 2Lt type 4
1975 Fleetline Panel Van 1914cc
2020 MeFusco Beetle Truck 2Lt type 4
1972 FT Hahn SP 1776 cc
Megan
Oil Leak
What model do you have?: VW Bay Window Bus

Re: Registering a scrapped vehicle without deregistration papers

Post by Megan »

FB_IMG_1477427392441.jpg
This is what I got.....hope it helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.