Ask and give advice here
bugspray
Floorpan
What model do you have?: 71 Westy + 74beetle
Facebook: http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?r0d306f00&refid=7
South Africa

Re: NOT GIVING UP

Post by bugspray »

its not on the eNatis system, Get data dots, a new vin stamped and get it registered. Yes its a bit of a pain, and takes time, But hey then you have legal bus back on the road.

My bus was deregistered, I was lucky enough to know somebody in the department that helped streamline the porcess, all above board, new vin stamped, data dots, weigh bridge COR and BAMM registered bus :)

More than meets the eye!
sean
Transmission
What model do you have?: Bays & Splits
South Africa

Post by sean »

brucet wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:36 am PS. I also need to get roadworthy on my bus now. Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can help. Thank you.
Just go to your local municipal roadworthy centre. They charge R150 compared to Dekra's hideous R450 if I recall correctly. The requirements in SA for roadworthy is the utmost basics. I really don't understand the fear of roadworthy centre's.
brucet
Oil Seal
What model do you have?: '78 2.0 Executive

Post by brucet »

sean wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:05 pm
brucet wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:36 am PS. I also need to get roadworthy on my bus now. Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can help. Thank you.
Just go to your local municipal roadworthy centre. They charge R150 compared to Dekra's hideous R450 if I recall correctly. The requirements in SA for roadworthy is the utmost basics. I really don't understand the fear of roadworthy centre's.

Wow Sean. Dont read too much into my simple question. There is no fear at all! :roll: And I am confident mine will pass.
Vintage man
Oil Pump
What model do you have?: 1976 bay window

Post by Vintage man »

Thanks guys just to let you all know I would not do anything that is illegal or put my family in danger of being pulled over and being harassed thats why I have not just done it.I value all the opinions and yes my ideas have changed.
1.Sell all and by a bus that is done
2.Get the low light registered and sell the high light as I got two 2l engines with it but yes I stripped them.Fit the 1700 and 3 fin gearbox into low light

I did get invoices for the busses and engines as it was a garage clean out that was a buddies dad.
73type2
Pushrod
What model do you have?: '73 T2 Single Cab
France

Post by 73type2 »

@Sean
I assume you're using the Brackenfell Traffic Dept as an example? I recall you don't get a free re-test within two weeks.
sean
Transmission
South Africa

Post by sean »

73type2 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:30 pm @Sean
I assume you're using the Brackenfell Traffic Dept as an example? I recall you don't get a free re-test within two weeks.
Yes, I use the local Brackenfell one. You definitely don't have to pay for a re-test. They have never charged for it.
Cyndi Kritzinger
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: '76 BRAZILIA '78 BAY
Facebook: yes

Post by Cyndi Kritzinger »

I DON'T WANT TO START A HUGE BUNFIGHT AGAIN, BUT IF I TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION WHAT IT COST ME TO GET MY BUS TO THE CONDITION IT'S IN AND THE TIME IT TOOK, AND I READ ABOUT WHAT BRUCET HAS DONE WITH HIS BUS (MY BUSS'S TWIN); I DOUBT VERY MUCH THAT YOU WILL GET ANYWHERE CLOSE TO THE AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU'LL NEED FOR A RECONNED BUS BY SELLING YOUR 2 SHELLS.
I ALSO DON'T BELIEVE YOU'LL GET THE SAME SATISFACTION AS YOU GET FROM THE EXPERIENCE OF PUTTING A BUS BACK ON THE ROAD YOURSELF.

MARK
Vintage man
Oil Pump

Post by Vintage man »

Hopefully I can get the low light registered.
brucet
Oil Seal
What model do you have?: '78 2.0 Executive

Post by brucet »

If you do sell the low light I maybe interested depending on price etc. Please let me know.

Thank you
Cyndi Kritzinger
Donor
Donor

"WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP.....
WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER."

WINSTON CHURCHILL
jolas
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: '65 Kombi

Post by jolas »

Cyndi Kritzinger wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:36 am "WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP.....
WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER."

WINSTON CHURCHILL
Hark !!!! MARK !!!! You seem to be quite excited - have you purchased another bus or something ? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
by fig » Mar 26, 2018
Sambas in South Africa are good for only 2 things: showing off and sunburn.
Cyndi Kritzinger
Donor
Donor

I DO HAVE A FEW SHELLS THAT NEED ATTENTION BUT UNFORTUNATELY NOT ENOUGH TIME OR MONEY TO MAKE MUCH HAPPEN AT THE MOMENT.
sean
Transmission
South Africa

Post by sean »

brucet wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:07 pm
sean wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Wow Sean. Dont read too much into my simple question. There is no fear at all! :roll: And I am confident mine will pass.
Sorry Bruce, I think I misunderstood your question then. Since the topic was regarding swapping vin plates and incorrect number plates, I assumed you were looking for a roadworthy center that would assist you to pass it; at a fee......
sean
Transmission
South Africa

Post by sean »

Vintage man wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:27 pm
2.Get the low light registered and sell the high light as I got two 2l engines with it but yes I stripped them.Fit the 1700 and 3 fin gearbox into low light

I did get invoices for the busses and engines as it was a garage clean out that was a buddies dad.
Just remember, the 1700, 1800 and 2000L will not fit into a low light as standard. You would need quite some hideous modification to make it fit.
Vintage man
Oil Pump

Post by Vintage man »

Sean the low light has a 1700 in it with a 3 fin gearbox .i also got with this package deal a twin port 1600 engine that is fully rebuilt it also looks like to my little knowledge that it's a Komi motor as the 3 holes are there for the engine brace so maybe that was the motor in it.this was a job lot as I got bell housings ,starters extra with a bunch of parts that I have not gone through yet.the 1600 starts first kick ,no smoke a puuurrs like a kitten.the 1700 is going to dub as soon as I can get it there as that's the motor I want to use,just needs correct tuning of carbs.