Felt guide for Quarter light upright

Ask and give advice here
AlanH
Crankshaft
What model do you have?: '70 Westy
Germany

Felt guide for Quarter light upright

Post by AlanH »

Anyone replaced this on a early '60's Beetle?
I have removed mine and bought a set. When I tried to install it it was way too thick so I returned it for a refund.
Ordered another set that was thinner and fitted nicely in the channel but the window was never going to fit inside as well. I ended up leaving it as well.
They are not cheap and I was not prepared to butcher it into fitting only to find out later it would in any case never fit.
Took a drive to Pro Rubber to see if anything was available but they close at 15h00. :evil:
On my way back home saw an Autozone and thoight I'd try my luck. Well it seems I had some luck for the day. They have a channel guide made of rubber and the felt type material inside with flaps. Fits perfect into the channel and the window is firm but not tight in the channel. Although not original this is so far the cleanest solution.
BTW. The first two were imports with a green line on the side. I have seem pictures of the same but with a red line on the side if that could be an indication?

Wanted parts:
Left sunvisor
Sink faucet
Exhaust to swap for Beetle exhaust
Terry Phillips
Fuel Injection
What model do you have?: T3,1beetle
Zambia

Re: Felt guide for Quarter light upright

Post by Terry Phillips »

Allan I got imported door rubbers one was about 100mm to long and a imported windscreen rubber after 4 hrs of trying to fit the windscreen I gave up got a local and 10 min windscreen was in.Not saying the local are better but at least they fit and Imported ones are not cheap either.Maybe just me.
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Re: Felt guide for Quarter light upright

Post by Tony Z »

I havent found one that fits locally. Pro-Auto just tells me to use the normal door window felt but to bend it to make it fit.
Anyway, I've for two pairs in my luggage to try again, these are definitely smaller, hopefully they';ll fit