They are Buzy again

Report stolen cars here
ZeroAxe
Drive Train
What model do you have?: FUmobile

Re: They are Buzy again

Post by ZeroAxe »

Pine, that sounds like a stupendous fantastic idea! Even I might look into something like that!? What happened to W/wheel and gear locks(other than alarms)?

VW Enthusiast
ImageImageImageImage
bugspray
Floorpan
What model do you have?: 71 Westy + 74beetle
Facebook: http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?r0d306f00&refid=7
South Africa

Post by bugspray »

The fu?!kers drill out or have implements to get the gear locks out, and remove the the steerings WITH THE LOCK!! Fuel cut off switches and battery cut offs are also options, may not stop em, but slows and frustrates em.
More than meets the eye!
ZeroAxe
Drive Train
What model do you have?: FUmobile

Post by ZeroAxe »

This might be fugly, but I want to see how they take the steering off with one of these still on....

As the gear locks, dont they put the locks/barrels in seriously akward posotions so that you cant get to drill the barrel out? I cant remember where, but I saw a guy that made a STOUT foot controls/pedals lock, so you cant get to the pedals = cant drive....
VW Enthusiast
ImageImageImageImage
Chris
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Beach Buggy

Post by Chris »

Gearlocks are easy to take out.It takes about 2 minutes if you know what you are doing.I talk from experience,I did it for a living.

The idea of any anti-theft device is to deter a thief.If they want it,they will take it.Make it a difficult as possible.Alarm,cut of switch with a hidden button for the fuel,battery cut-out,gearlock,locking plate for the pedals,tracking device,chain around the pedals,anything helps.

This is going to sound silly,but I read an article once that said if you park your car and leave the window open and the radio on,thiefs tend to walk past because they don't know if you are closeby watching them.And this came from a thief's mouth.

Another thing to do is stick a soccer team i.e. Kaizer Chiefs sticker on the back window.Weld a plate around the lock mechanism so that it can't be easily opened with a slim jim.At night,lock your car with a chain to a solid object.Park as close as possible,and put the chain so it can't be seen easily.
Damn,I'm good!
Beach Buggy (Running and now Aircooled!)
VW TDi DC
Jetta V TDi
hitlers revenge
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: buggy
Great Britain

Post by hitlers revenge »

In the past it was said that houses with heaps and heaps of security have lots of nice goodies to steal. Houses with no fencing or bugalar bars belong to poor people, so there's nothing to steal.