Damm another Beetle Stolen

Report stolen cars here
merlinpta
Oil Stain
What model do you have?: 1969 Type 1

Damm another Beetle Stolen

Post by merlinpta »

Hi Guys,

Sad to inform you that we lost another Bug to sticky fingers the guy I work with is very sad to have lost his Beetle.

Stolen on 26 June 2010 between 17:30 and 19:30 corner of Norfolk and Cambrian Street, Kensington out on the road

The details are as follows:

• VW 1600 1971 Beetle.
• Registration Number: HDG 825 GP.
• Left Hand side of the front bumper dented in due to knocking a dog.
• Panel under that part of the bumper has been damaged showing the body putty.
• Scratch on the back right fender on the driver’s side.
• Cream coloured leatherette Interior
• There are various patches of faded paint work on the roof and bonnet.

forcecooled
Single Port
What model do you have?: 1970 1600 cc Beetle
South Africa

Re: Damm another Beetle Stolen

Post by forcecooled »

What can one say about this?

Mucking discrace that you cant even drive around in a 30+ year old car and have some muthersucker steal it off you.

Curse the bastards!

There has to be a market for these cars. I still maintain that there is some observation done at car shows and some "hits " are planned from what they see there.

At the Mint 75th show, while everybody was nearly packing up, there were two dudes going around taking photos of only the backs (in other words, the registration plates) or fronts of some of the beetles - mine and Heide-Marie's were amongst them photographed- My sister who was sitting in my bug waiting for me at the time, saw all this going on. She said that these guys were definitely from the BMW brigade - they only noticed her sitting in the car once the pic ( sort of close -up , like of the numberplate) was taken, and then moved off quickly.
Its almost as though they follow you from where you stay (the cars registered address, which they will have got off the plates) and wait for a chance to steal it off you.
Blitzkrieg
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: none

Post by Blitzkrieg »

forcecooled wrote: At the Mint 75th show, while everybody was nearly packing up, there were two dudes going around taking photos of only the backs (in other words, the registration plates) or fronts of some of the beetles - mine and Heide-Marie's were amongst them photographed- My sister who was sitting in my bug waiting for me at the time, saw all this going on. She said that these guys were definitely from the BMW brigade - they only noticed her sitting in the car once the pic ( sort of close -up , like of the numberplate) was taken, and then moved off quickly.
Its almost as though they follow you from where you stay (the cars registered address, which they will have got off the plates) and wait for a chance to steal it off you.
Yes, saw them too. They came by us when we were the last two cars left parked by those garages....Were more intent on actually eyeballing my POS and the Ghia rather than making any conversation...

Forget about these stolen Beetles leaving the country etc. They stay right here in this country, but are broken for spares in certain townships. Anyone want to know more, PM me. I would prefer not to say it on the forum.
If it's too low, you're too old :twisted:
vuyo
Exhaust Pipe
What model do you have?: beetle
Facebook: vuyo dube

Post by vuyo »

was this car from randberg?
60s look 74 beetle
Watercool
Transmission
What model do you have?: VW Rabbit 2.5

Post by Watercool »

If they take pics of your cars, why not take pics of the guys in question and post then online, so their faces become public known.
Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference