Stay classic or not

In Car Entertainment
jb_7605
Drip
What model do you have?: '67 Bug

Stay classic or not

Post by jb_7605 »

What is the best way to stay classic in a bug? I don't want to cut the dash. I don't want boxes. Have never used any "secret" stuff and don't know much about it. I have seen Model One on RetroSoundUSA.

Any opinions?

"That's the engine, you idiot! The boot is in the front..."
Dutch_Diver
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: 64 bus & 63 Bug
Facebook: www.facebook.com/people/Frank-Van-Hoof/576686903

Re: Stay classic or not

Post by Dutch_Diver »

There is a glovebox they now sell that has the plate for a modern player....I got one and will fix into Bobbie. That way you have the sounds, tv, cd, sat nav but it's all hidden in the glove box and no cutting required. I bought mine from CIP in the USA but I think you could easily make on too.
"MO" - 1965 Splitscreen bus --> http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... =37&t=9305" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"BOBBIE" - 1963 Beetle --> http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... 23&t=11338" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jb_7605
Drip
What model do you have?: '67 Bug

Post by jb_7605 »

Nice idea. Post some pics when you are done. (maybe a pic of what it looks like out the box?).
"That's the engine, you idiot! The boot is in the front..."
zubz
Valve
What model do you have?: 62 LHD Rag, 69 Auto

Post by zubz »

I would also like to see pics, I guess if it aint too expensive from cip1 you might as order 1 but then again if you can get a custom made one perfect for your car then that would be better.

PM Benjamin or have a look at his rides thread called Vokoff Volla, he has a new school radio mounted in the glove box and loks very discreet ofcourse you will only see it if the box is open.