In Car Entertainment
Chris
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Beach Buggy

Re: AUDIO ADVICE

Post by Chris »

Sony PS and 2 screens

Damn,I'm good!
Beach Buggy (Running and now Aircooled!)
VW TDi DC
Jetta V TDi
dubster
Valve
What model do you have?: buggy and '74 beetle

Post by dubster »

hey bugspray...how do you feel about xtc sound?cause i could get you the no. of the distrabutor...my mate bought a 3500w monoblock for a R1050 and a graphics equalizer for like R300...the amp alone starts at that i think 1400 and up...and for killer sound run xtc xtb sub...my mate ran 153.2 db with those subs and a d5000 starsound amp...but you get a 6500 mono xtc amp wich should be beter...and as for the playstation id say no...
1974 1300tp type 1

kart kraft 1717cc buggy

''BLOOD AND TEARS WILL FLOW FOR ACVW'S,FOR LIFE''
dubster
Valve

Post by dubster »

the reason being the ps is very sensitive it skips and stops for everything and then you put the cd in the normal dvd player and it play with no glitches...go to max they got this audiobank dvd player with al the sd card readers and usb and all and bluetooth...for 1500...really awsome headunit...my mate is running one in his car...
1974 1300tp type 1

kart kraft 1717cc buggy

Chris
ACVWSA Junkie

Post by Chris »

Dubster,I have a complete PS system in my car and gives me know hassles.It doesn't skip and it doesn't jump.
Damn,I'm good!
VW TDi DC
Jetta V TDi
bugspray
Floorpan
What model do you have?: 71 Westy + 74beetle
Facebook: http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?r0d306f00&refid=7
South Africa

Post by bugspray »

Yeah Lastnight some mates and I Gave it some thought, the Ps idea was always a dream, but that was before car dvd players, so yeah a dvd player would be better, i mean how often will the games be played, also adding up the remote games etc, for the ps the dvd player will work out more affordable, and more usefull. How much was the audiobank dvd player at MAX? Iz it in dash?
More than meets the eye!
bugspray
Floorpan
What model do you have?: 71 Westy + 74beetle
Facebook: http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?r0d306f00&refid=7
South Africa

Post by bugspray »

Yeah xtc amps are good a friend has one. I like them, havnt heard the subs yet. But 152db is a respectful number so maybe. I have a distributor in my town, lemme compare prices, and i'll get back to you. Shot.
More than meets the eye!
Matt
Oil Cooler
What model do you have?: '78 1600

Post by Matt »

u talking bout a pre amp???? those are cool..fine tune yr sound nicely!!!!helps with the different styles of music from alternate(less gain on the bass) to
hip-hop(more gain on the bass) usually u have to manually do it on the amp.

hey "brianj"..those limpids u got, how r they???? ive heard a set of 10 inch pioneers and they were kickass. real good bass.

good idea on the audio thread...big up to every one involved and keen!!!!!!!!!!
dubster
Valve

Post by dubster »

The dvd player is 1500 and its in dash...
1974 1300tp type 1

kart kraft 1717cc buggy

Chris
ACVWSA Junkie

Post by Chris »

If you buy a Playstation and mount it correctly it will not miss a beat,and you can watch movies,listen to music and play games and it will cost you less.Plus "It's a Sony".
Damn,I'm good!
VW TDi DC
Jetta V TDi
dubster
Valve

Post by dubster »

Bugspray ask any guy involved in sound about xtc xtb subs...they are legend...
1974 1300tp type 1

kart kraft 1717cc buggy

Chris
ACVWSA Junkie

Post by Chris »

Any good system is as good as the head unit.Make sure you buy a proper head unit like Sony,Rocford Fosgate,Kenwood,Panasonic,Oem or JVC.Myself,I'm parsial to JVC.

It is also a good idea to buy decent speakers.JBL,Sony Xplod,Lightning Audio,RF,Pioneer,Pile Driver,XTC or Coustic.Subs can be fitted in boxes or free air depending on placement.You can get programmes that will work out the box size and the lenght of the airtube to get the best performance out of your sub.

There are so many good amps to pick from that your choice is almost unlimited.Depending on what you want to do like sound quality or db's you have to make the choice.Just make sure that your amps are always more powerfull than the speakers.

But the most important of all is the way you do the install.Speakers need to be mounted properly.You can almost install any cheap speaker but make it sound like a R1000 speaker if it is installed properly.A speaker that is secured well will always play well.Sound deadening and acoustic cloth are a good idea to insulate sound in places like doors,foot-wells,sparewheel compartments,and boxes.

Wiring should always be as short as possible and the wiring needs to be the right gauge for the right application.You cannot use ordinary speaker wire to run an sub.Buy proper speaker wire and gold isn't the worse thing ever invented.Amps and radios should be fused seperately and use the right amparage fuses in a fuseblock for an amp.Place the fuses as close the battery as possible. and make sure that wires are secure and not hanging loose.

Grounding is very important.The radio should be grounded.The amp grounded as close as possible to the amp,and make sure that the altenator is earthed properly to the engine and chassis otherwise you will get a whining sound on your speakers,but whining sounds can also be caused by cheap amps.

To get a consatant power suuply you can fit a cap.This will prevent "dippin" and will also be less stressfull on the battery.

Never install a high output amp upside down and make sure that the amp stays as cool as possible at all times.
Damn,I'm good!
VW TDi DC
Jetta V TDi
gazzapen
Oil Pump
What model do you have?: beetle

Post by gazzapen »

Had a 1500w Digital starsound Amp, Pioneer 12" 1500w free air dual voice coil sub, 1000w calibra 4 channel Amp with 4 x 250 watts starsound 6" splits with passive crossovers. Headunit pioneer (forgot the model number). Still rate JVC as better value for money head units.

Sound was Excellent and good value for money. Starsound's not a bad product for the mid-range purchaser.
Matt
Oil Cooler
What model do you have?: '78 1600

Post by Matt »

STAR SOUND....nuff sed!!! and their results speak for themselves....they hold numerous records, and their stuff is really affordable.

im currently running a jvc head unit(kuk-am upgrading to pioneer in december)
pioneer 6x9's 330w-excellent for their time, splits are the way tho
pioneer 12' 800w svc sub
audiobank 1400w amp(bit small-but i did manage 127db's)
audiobank 300w tweeters

soon as my car is up and running and the finance comes right.....STAR SOUND up grade
Dutch_Diver
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: 64 bus & 63 Bug
Facebook: www.facebook.com/people/Frank-Van-Hoof/576686903

Post by Dutch_Diver »

So in the bus I'm running a Whalfdale headunit DVD player with 7" screen, American Amps 3000w amp, 900W 12' pioneer sub, 4 JVC speakers (2 x 6x9's and 2 x 6"), 14 inch flip out monitor with an additional portable 8" display. Running off a separate battery and with USB hard disc connectivity able to deliver 10,000 songs or around 200 movies. No games machine....

Problem seems I may not have made the best placement decisions but I'll fix that :)
"MO" - 1965 Splitscreen bus --> http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... =37&t=9305" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"BOBBIE" - 1963 Beetle --> http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... 23&t=11338" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AirPower
Clutch
What model do you have?: 2008 Buggy

Post by AirPower »

I see you guys are all into the "thousand watt" amps etc. I personally rely on the watts RMS - ever checked the power consumption (in watts) of an amp, ever wondered how an amp can produce 5000 watts in output power, yet consume 400 watt (from the battery). I never could understand that. :shock:
Eben said: "ACVW's are made of logic."
Bugger said: "I am happy with the drum brakes when done right as this will be used rarely"

"If it can't be fixed with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem" said by someone.