V8 Nightmare 2.1 WBX Turbo in Beetle

Whatever you want to put in the back of your VW...
Bugger
Advertiser
Advertiser
What model do you have?: a Few Models
Facebook: Pierre Bugger Eksteen

Re: V8 Nightmare 2.1 WBX Turbo in Beetle

Post by Bugger »

beetle786 wrote:
Bugger wrote:You can run std box but this one is a Stg 1 that can sake Quite a bit of Power
what about the revs of the engine .
My Stage 1 and a special Built SFAS boxes I do fit a Longer Ratio 4th gear in them for
Lower RPM driving whan you got the power

Adapterplates Available for Rotary in Beetle and others aswell
And Special Boxes built for Rotary Conversions and Scubies
Pierre
082 600 8663

CLick on Banner Below to be routed to the Web site

beetle786
Camshaft
What model do you have?: 1968 + 1303

Post by beetle786 »

Bugger wrote:
beetle786 wrote:
Bugger wrote:You can run std box but this one is a Stg 1 that can sake Quite a bit of Power
what about the revs of the engine .
My Stage 1 and a special Built SFAS boxes I do fit a Longer Ratio 4th gear in them for
Lower RPM driving whan you got the power
what would one of these cost and do i give you my own gbox to be modified .
Click to View . Custom Graphics for your Beetle/Bus
Bugger
Advertiser
Advertiser

Post by Bugger »

PM Sent with pricing

Best is to give me a call then I will understand your needs better and can build you a box accordingly
pierre 082 600 8663 my phone is on atm
Pierre
082 600 8663

chopwet
Drip
What model do you have?: Ex: Type-1 WBX
South Africa

Post by chopwet »

Bugger wrote:Poerformance wise the single in and single out works best and not split on the silencer in to 2
And space problems it is easy to spend 15K on a Exhaust system when you Quote a Client to ad a Turbo to a motor it will be R17K so
Buget is also a major factor
I can get carried away with Exhaust Systems as mentioned on the forum under a rant a exhaust shop wanted to charge R3K just to modify a Std Beetle Exhaust
So that is why no S/Steel and all fancy expencive stuff as to where the Exhaust that we have built will Flow(Flow which is the most important for me)
and get rid of the gasses

I know this is an old thread but are there any updates? Was the above quote an actual approximatel price for the conversion? Was the car already running fuel injection?
Bugger
Advertiser
Advertiser

Post by Bugger »

chopwet wrote:
Bugger wrote:Poerformance wise the single in and single out works best and not split on the silencer in to 2
And space problems it is easy to spend 15K on a Exhaust system when you Quote a Client to ad a Turbo to a motor it will be R17K so
I can get carried away with Exhaust Systems as mentioned on the forum under a rant a exhaust shop wanted to charge R3K just to modify a Std Beetle Exhaust
So that is why no S/Steel and all fancy expencive stuff as to where the Exhaust that we have built will Flow(Flow which is the most important for me)

I know this is an old thread but are there any updates? Was the above quote an actual approximatel price for the conversion? Was the car already running fuel injection?

This car have actually come along way from then we actually got special Wossener 2.1WBX Turbo pistons commisioned by them that is installed in to the Sub and the Pistons alone was around R13K but they are really quality pistons it really took forever to get all the special commisioned parts together but we should start assembling this Bug Actually this comming Monday you welcome to give me a call Pierre 0826008663
Pierre
082 600 8663

chopwet
Drip
What model do you have?: Ex: Type-1 WBX
South Africa

Post by chopwet »

Bugger wrote:
chopwet wrote:

This car have actually come along way from then we actually got special Wossener 2.1WBX Turbo pistons commisioned by them that is installed in to the Sub and the Pistons alone was around R13K but they are really quality pistons it really took forever to get all the special commisioned parts together but we should start assembling this Bug Actually this comming Monday you welcome to give me a call Pierre 0826008663
That sounds exciting, thanks for the update. From reading through threads I thought that the standard WBX motor could handle a decent amount of boost on standard internals. I'm assuming you are aiming for higher levels of boost...
Bugger
Advertiser
Advertiser

Post by Bugger »

Yes we are aiming for much Higher Boost
Std pistons need to be machined down to lower the Compression for Turbo but can only take around 0.5 bar boost
Pierre
082 600 8663

EcLiPsE
Oil Leak
What model do you have?: Syncro Caravelle
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/izanenchristelle.pretorius?ref

Post by EcLiPsE »

Pierre