Golf parts in a beetle

Whatever you want to put in the back of your VW...
Matt
Oil Cooler
What model do you have?: '78 1600

Re: Golf parts in a beetle

Post by Matt »

i thought the whole idea bout the forum was to help each other and give advice??? i merely made a suggestion and backed it up with an
example.....if u dont like it-dont read it.....its that simple.
it seems u dont like anyones ideas but yr own....same like my idea with the motor---u totally shut that idea down and told
me to throw the motor away....whats up with that???
not everyone has the bucks to do the big expensive conversions that some of u guys can...there are less expensive ways.
the guy that told me bout the toyota pistons ran that motor for 4 years with no problem...even sold the cabbie like that

dubster
Valve
What model do you have?: buggy and '74 beetle

Post by dubster »

mat what tony means is the thread is about golf parts in a bug...open up a thread that deals with sound in a bug...and the motor subject is always a sticky subject everybody has their own ideas...but id listen to tony on the motor front he does know his stuff...thread jack over...if you wana put a golf arial on bug this is were you ask it...
1974 1300tp type 1

kart kraft 1717cc buggy

''BLOOD AND TEARS WILL FLOW FOR ACVW'S,FOR LIFE''
Blitzkrieg
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: none

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Motor subject is always a very sticky and controversial one......Every enthusiast has his own views on it.... :?
If it's too low, you're too old :twisted:
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

OK, I like what you have said here.... no offence taken but I will stand up for myself here.

You are starting to take this thread down a path which is audio related. This thread is about golf parts and even though it has veered left and right, the audio info is stuff that other can learn from, so why not make a new thread so others can also use the info? instead of throwing your toys out the cot.

With the motor thread. If you do read it, you will find that I said his conversion isnt a good idea. Yes it works but how well. You have one person stating that it works when all the facts which I stated and everyone I have spoken to in the past who has done it say that its a crappy idea. As for not throwing bags of money into the engine like I have in my 2332.... well, if you read the thread where we were discussing your engine, you will find that I mentioned a better and cheaper alternative (my ideas and past experience), which will cost you a lot less than the toyota piston conversion.....

Use it, dont use it, your option
bugspray
Floorpan
What model do you have?: 71 Westy + 74beetle
Facebook: http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?r0d306f00&refid=7
South Africa

Post by bugspray »

Eish guys come now WOOOSAAAA! its all good. and coming soon an AUDIO THREAD> yippie hahaha.
More than meets the eye!
Matt
Oil Cooler

Post by Matt »

so dude...wots happening with the cabbie???
have u made a decision bout the sound??? that battery im running is a 610--more than plenty enough for what i got.
hey...wot u doin bout lights for the cabbie? see autostyles selling the angel eyes for the mk1 golf for like R350/400(not sure)-they look nice
and rims??
bugspray
Floorpan
South Africa

Post by bugspray »

Hey bro :drunks: im good the cabbie is coming along, wasnt in durbs the weekend so nothing major done. but did put back some odss and end. yeah the angel eyes are on order, hopefully i pick em up this weekend. yeah iv decided on 6" splits upfront so far. going either herts or that one with the spider grills, cant remember the name right now. the rear is getting co ax of the same kind, and woffers. im guessing 2x 10" for SQ. how the yellow monster?
More than meets the eye!
bugspray
Floorpan
South Africa

Post by bugspray »

rim wise i have a set from my old ride, the car has been written off with another set so im gonna use them till i can score (afford) knock off eagle BBS or the G5 gti rims. or im thinking something with stacks of spokes. but for know or well till the adapters are made, in rock out with my trusty wheel caps :)
More than meets the eye!
Matt
Oil Cooler

Post by Matt »

ive been busy with odds and ends myself-small things hey. made up new earth cable for battery, new charge cable for battery...all new cable, neatly
crimped and the lugs covered with shrink sleeve. im hoping to get more vinyl this weekend and some sponge...so i can finish the front door
panels. i went to pavillion this weekend-saw quite a nice pioneer head-unit i got my eye on.....have to wait for 15 dec for bonus before i buy the
rest of the toys for the car.

i got my mind pretty set on changing my front seats...the missus isnt to keen on the standard ones as they dont have head-rests. so i was thinking, with keeping to the vw thing, maybe a set of the newer golf 1 seats....infact, i want the seats and the rims from the velocity golf. but we'll see

anyway...im hoping the weather holds out next weekend...thats when the guy whos gonna help me spray should be coming.....i cant wait, this poor car
has been standing for nearly 3 months.
bugspray
Floorpan
South Africa

Post by bugspray »

Hey Matt, i can hook you up with a set of brand new velo rims with tyres. Tell me if youre interested.
More than meets the eye!
Exhaust Pipe
What model do you have?: Beetle
South Africa

Post by 1972 »

bugspray please pm me the price you want for those velo rims if matt doesnt take them
John Jones wrote: Stock sucks!!!
"Toy 1" 1968 Vw Beetle
"Toy 2" The dead Bus

bugspray
Floorpan
South Africa

Post by bugspray »

Hey guys, i trial fitted a pair of golf mk1 headlights, the outer's. So when i trial placed the lights into my beetle housing (the bowl shaped ting that sits in the fender) the screws didnt line up. The guys at autostyle said i'll have modify them. Redrill new holes etc. Or maybe somebody have a modified set? I've seen pics of beetles with newer golf style lights. Does some1 know how they did that? Also when and if the light is fitted, the chrome ring has a awful gap btwn it and the lens.
Are there cooler lights available for a 75bug?
More than meets the eye!
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

I got mk1 headlights... fitted perfectly. Chrome trim doesnt cover them as well as the stock bug lights and the one does stick out a little further than the other, but no new holes needed to be drilled. Did take a bit of thinking tho, in the end I threw out a few bits of the mounts that were supplied with the headlights but I dont recall having to do any mods, just some fancy thinking
bugspray
Floorpan
South Africa

Post by bugspray »

Thanks TZ, Ima look into it.
Hey guys will a citi golf steering column fit a 74' beetle? How much are these things worth?
More than meets the eye!
Matt
Oil Cooler

Post by Matt »

so wots happening with the headlights???? no pictures, so i take it u came right???
keen to see what yr cabbie is looking like. u got the velo rims on??