Type 3 exaust systems in stainless steel.

Get your parts here
Forum rules
Post only parts for sale here, no vehicles.
Variant
Oil Pump
What model do you have?: '69 316 & 362

Type 3 exaust systems in stainless steel.

Post by Variant »

Greetings everyone.

I am in discussions with a company that manufactures stainless steel exhaust systems about doing a run of tuned, free-flow exhaust systems for type 3's. There was such a system available in the 60's under the MONZA label. See picture below. Grapnell copied this system very successfully in the 80's & 90's- in fact, we had such a system on our Squareback for many years. I have had a copy of a Grapnell system made for my Notchback many years ago. The system works in such a way that the headers fron cyl 1 & 4 enter the silencer at the right hand end plate and cyl 3 & 2 at the left hand end plate - thus making all the headers the same length. A single tailpipe exited from the left hand end plate. The grapnell system was mild steel. So im looking for a sample of such a Grapnell system to cut open & copy in stainless steel. It doesn't matter if the sample is rotten - in fact, its better that way. Im offering R500 for a useable sample. And I'm asking pretty please...... :)

The new system wil make provision for the heaters to work as it should. Cost will be approximately R1500 for just the silencer and approx R 4000 for the complete system, fitted. It will have a 3-5 year guarantee. That is a bargain considering that the least expensive SS system which can be imported will cost upward of R9000 by the time it lands in SA. Ideally the company would like to do 10 units as a minimum order and would consider doing 5 but they are not particulary intereted in doing just 1 or 2.

Can anyone assist?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Adriaan
---------
'69 1600L Squareback Automatic
'69 1600A Notchback
beetlepower
Twin Port
What model do you have?: Beetle, Squareback
South Africa

Re: Type 3 exaust systems in stainless steel.

Post by beetlepower »

You can put me down for one of the systems, please
'NO TYRE SHALL BE LEFT UNSMOKED'

@reubenvn on twitter
https://www.instagram.com/elbowgreasemonkeyza/
karmakoma
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: 69 dual trunk coupe

Post by karmakoma »

If the "silencer" includes everything in the picture, then please count me in.
oneil
Drip
What model do you have?: Notch Back

Post by oneil »

That should fit a Notch Back as well hey? ???...if yes and it includes everything. ..please add me in...Regards Neil. ....