SuperVan crashes his Dads 356

Porsche and replica Porsche posts over here.
buggyfan
Long Block
What model do you have?: lwb beachbuggy
South Africa

SuperVan crashes his Dads 356

Post by buggyfan »

An article appearing in the local newspapers of Sarel van der Merwe that at the age of 15 stole and crashed his Fathers 1958 356 speedster in 1962.This is the speedster that's currently for sale at Crossley-Webb in CPT for about R6million. http://www.netwerk24.com/ontspan/2014-1 ... ie-porsche
New Image.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by buggyfan on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... tt#p269451" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Re: SuperVan crashes his Dads 356

Post by Tony Z »

loved this paragraph
“Toe die polisie vir my pa sê die Porsche het van ’n ongelukstoneel weggejaag, het my pa dadelik geweet dis ek: ‘Julle beter sorg dat julle hom in die hande kry voor ek hom kry, want as ek hom voor julle kry, sit julle nog met ’n moordsaak ook’.
Thumper
Carburettor
What model do you have?: Just scale models
South Africa

Post by Thumper »

That is a really cool story.
My Bug: http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... 37&t=12416" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Goose
Oil Leak
What model do you have?: 1970 SC, Speedster

Post by Goose »

Story is pretty cool, up until the end...

I've known about this car since August, they already wanted 6mil for it then. That while other 356's were advertised for 1.6 to 2 mil, the few that I saw. I am not sure this guy is going to get his price for the car, unless he sells it to an overseas buyer. Even then he will have to drop it to compensate for export duties etc.

So seeing as he can't sell the car, lets try pawning it off to Sarel, who has an emotional history with the car. Call him up, tell him the car is for sale, stir up all the old memories, ask him if he wants it, then Boom! 6 mil please Mr. vd Merwe.
Sarel is ryk, maar 6mil is 6mil...now he has to go home and feel kak because he cant get his dads old car back. And we know this guy got the car at a good price. Given, he's probably spent alot on it, maar mens moenie altyd wil aftree met een verkoop nie.

Maybe I'm wrong, just my opinion :)