Brand new Carrera engine from Capricorn Eng.

Technical Porsche and replica posts here.
riaanj
Exhaust Pipe
What model do you have?: None ATM, oneday...

Brand new Carrera engine from Capricorn Eng.

Post by riaanj »

Hey okes, looking for an alternative aircooled motor for your bug or bus?
Check this out, Capricorn engineering in Germany has a 2000cc reproduction motor of the unit found in the 550 Spyder & 356 Carrera..
The best thing is the price, this motor can be yours for only 119.999,00 EUR

From capricorngroup.de :
Anz_Motorsport_UK_150dpi_mit_schatten.jpg
capricorn has unveiled the rebirth of one of the most fabulous engine designs of the last century. The Carrera engine, which drives legendary cars such as the 550 Spyder, 356 Carrera and 904 GTS, is now available again!

See below the technical details for the 2.0 liter engine fit and proper for 356 Carrera and 904 GTS.
capricorn 587 2,0 C4

capricorn AUTOMOTIVE GmbH has been dealing intensively with the products of Porsche AG for over 25 years. Our specialization resides from the very beginning in the repair, maintenance and optimization of Carrera engines for historical road races and circuit races. Our offer related to spare parts has constantly been extended in order to enable the preservation and repair of spare parts and also due to the shortage of the four-cylinder engines: 547, 692 und 587. Defective cylinder heads or lack of Hirth-crankshafts could mean the end to restoration in case of engine repairs – today with the help of capricorn components, the engine can be successfully assembled.
And in case, you are in need of the complete engine for your 356 or 904, we would be glad to offer you a perfect substitute.
Good to know: Regardless of everything, the quality of our parts remains the same.

If cylinder blocks, pistons, crankshafts or con rods – it is valid for the new 587 by capricorn, for the OEM and also for the top Motorsport Teams worldwide: All our parts are produced under the same quality conditions moreover in identical production plants.
Our product range is prevalent not only with regard to assembled engines or Hirth-crankshaft for historical vehicles, but is continued by our
PORSCHE PERFORMANCE PACKAGES, up to type 997.
If a cylinder head for 1500 Carrera type 547 or a
PORSCHE PERFORMANCE PACKAGE 4,3l for type 997 is required – both are available at capricorn.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just keep on BUGGIN'
Protect the endangered, say NO to exporting our AirCooled spares & cars..

T6 Ranger 2.2TDCi D/Cab
307E Anglia panel-van
Honda CBR600RR
Honda CBR600F4
Honda CBR1100XX SuperBlackbird
Drusky
Crankshaft
What model do you have?: '71 Deluxe Kombi

Re: Brand new Carrera engine from Capricorn Eng.

Post by Drusky »

Over a million bucks for a mill. A very special mill. I wonder what they would charge for a repro bug engine.
Golfmad
Valve
What model do you have?: niks

Post by Golfmad »

I think the price is a tad high.... a couple BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEG tads at that ! :shock: :shock:
vw59beetle
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: Enjoyable one

Post by vw59beetle »

I might be old school, but I would rather buy the original 4 cam for a similar price. These engines by Capricorn are top class though .
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

vw59beetle wrote:I might be old school, but I would rather buy the original 4 cam for a similar price. These engines by Capricorn are top class though .
True, but from what I make out, the originals and spares are now so hard to come by that the market for new parts at those huge prices has now opened up - i.e. originals are no longer available....
vw59beetle
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: Enjoyable one

Post by vw59beetle »

If you really want a 4 cam , you will find it at a similar price. But I agree with you that they are scarce . Clive just completed the Elva Porsche and found a 4 cam last year for the right price.