Hello been a while

Don't want to register but want to ask a question or post something aircooled for sale? Post here.
was Class11streeter

Hello been a while

Post by was Class11streeter »

Hey all hello from CA USA
Its been a long time since I posted here. I went thru a period of time where I sort of left ACVW social media for a few years. Actually several years.

That said, does eben still call the shots here?

Does the vader one still spread his dark influence?

Did IMPI ever make his upright conversion kits he was considering?

Was not Pine involved in a vehicle accident in his dune buggy? Did he recover and made whole again?

Anyhoo, what am I up to? Well, the big project is an Empi Imp replica buggy project. I call it UFO for Unbeliveably Fun Object. Its a running vehicle but I am going for street legal and modifications involving fabrication are needed. The lockdown last year made 2020 a wasted year for hobbies and this year I have had 2 fabricators bow out from the job for various reasons. Frustrating, but eventually it will be done.

Hope everyone is as well as can be. Take care everyone and thanks for reading!

Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Re: Hello been a while

Post by Tony Z »

Hey hey
Yea, its been a while, nice to see you back here again

Things have changed a bit here. The advent and popularity of facebook has slowed things down here quite a lot.

Vader got banned a while back for inappropriate pictures and not stopping.
Eben still has full control but he has moved on and very seldomly pops in.
IMPI is still around (not often) but has moved into the Porsche side of things
Pine is good, active on FB but not so much here.

Your UFO looks great. I think more pics or a youtube video is needed.
was Class11streeter

Tony Z wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:33 pm Hey hey
Yea, its been a while, nice to see you back here again

Things have changed a bit here. The advent and popularity of facebook has slowed things down here quite a lot.

Vader got banned a while back for inappropriate pictures and not stopping.
Eben still has full control but he has moved on and very seldomly pops in.
IMPI is still around (not often) but has moved into the Porsche side of things
Pine is good, active on FB but not so much here.

Your UFO looks great. I think more pics or a youtube video is needed.
Ah Tony Z thank you for the reply! We have talked several times and it has always been positive.

Thanks for the update on the few people I mentioned. Like I said I hope everyone is all doing well.

I do not have any cool or action pics for posting as the buggy pretty much sat around for the last 2+ years just after purchase due to personal financal issues. Just crawling back to a financial status allowing me to waste money on hobbies. But, I do have a few I am willing to share since you asked.

I purchased the buggy in late 2018, painted grey, but I first saw the buggy in 2010 at a swap meet and it was painted red then. I could not afford it at the time but later it came my way again and now its mine. Onboard it has just enough lighting and wiring to run down the trail but more ($$) needed for street legal, like parking brake, wipers, street legal head and tail lights, turn signals, brake lights, speedometer, and if I win the lottery, air conditioning. Hey its only money right?

In the shop getting work done. It will spend a lot more time like this before I can call it good.

From 2010 at the swap meet where I first saw this buggy. Had no idea I would own it 9 years later. Crappy angry cell pic of my own photo now being held hostage by an image hosting site that went from free to ransome based for access to my own photos! Jerks........

Trying on a set of classic Jackman wheels I have been hoarding for years now

And now mocking up a set of Ultra wheels I came across because I had too much money in my pocket that day. Can anyone relate lol?

Ok, enough babble. Hopefully in a few months I will get it to a fabricator I am in line for and get the issues sorted. Updates later if they work out.
Thanks for reading!
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

Would you like me to reset your password so you can use your old name/handle?
PM me a password and your current email address and I'll make the needed changes for you.
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

looking at those pictures, its amazing how much difference the roof rack and lights have made to it. Also, the grey suits the buggy much better than the red.

Its amazing how things work out sometimes. Glad you finally got it.
was Class11streeter

Tony Z wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:00 am Would you like me to reset your password so you can use your old name/handle?
PM me a password and your current email address and I'll make the needed changes for you.
That won't be necessary, but it is much appreciated. I won't have enough to contribute to make it worth the time.

Thanks all the same, and I will be back when I have something worth reading or more pictures. Take care all.