Split window bodies and rebuilds

Don't want to register but want to ask a question or post something aircooled for sale? Post here.
VWBusjunkie

Split window bodies and rebuilds

Post by VWBusjunkie »

Hi I am a vw bus junkie and as a marketing person I am currently looking to do up an exhibition stand using 2 combie split window or bay window combies. Does anyone know where I can get 2 and it doesn't need windows, or doors or much else. Just the body.

Secondly we are looking at buying one to rebuild through a reputable rebuilding company. Can someone help with that please.

Thank you and its taken a lot of work on the internet to try and find assistance. I am based in Gauteng and the event will be in Durban. So the bodies can be in either city or between.

I also market all items VW ie mugs, cushions, beanies, badges, etc. which we are going to go live on our ecommerce website within the next 2 weeks for your combi followers. I am trying to market as many things South African as possible! So if there are welders, knitters, potters, engravers etc, in your subscriber list, I am open to their getting on board.

Thanks
Geniene
Email: thetraveller@sacommuter.co.za
Blog: www.sacommuter.com
Twitter: @splittie
Facebook - VW Bus Junkie

fig
Bus Driver
What model do you have?: Type 2
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/258896479219/
South Africa

Re: Split window bodies and rebuilds

Post by fig »

Welcome to ACVWSA VWBusjunkie.

Your best place to find what you're looking for would be gumtree. I repost a lot of gumtree ads for VW buses on the Vehicles for sale forum here. But beware, bus prices have been going crazy for years now, and everyone with an old kombi rusting under a tree in their yard thinks they can retire on the proceeds of selling it. Split bus bare bodyshells have asking prices of R50k upwards. Baywindow buses are a lot easier to find and you can still get rough ones under R10k.
fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." -- Henry Ford
JonnoDub
Oil Seal
What model do you have?: '76 1600S
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jonnomans
South Africa

Post by JonnoDub »

Ive got a parts bus up for sale but Im on the other side of the continent. Oh and by the way Kombi is spelt with a 'k'

Sent from my Ultra using Tapatalk
Keep on rolling baby , you know what time it is !
splitbusahollic
Advertiser
Advertiser
What model do you have?: a couple of buses
Facebook: vintage kombi
South Africa

Post by splitbusahollic »

Hi
in what condition must these "bodies" be ? i have a very rotten fleetline panelvan carcass that you can have for R5K , but the rust is quite bad, if it's only going to be for display purposes then you could just fix it with some fiberglass and paint it (the fiberglass should hold it together :lol: )
you would need wheels in order to move it but we can arrange something for you with some improvised axles and wheels (we have removed all the usable parts from it, there will be an extra cost to make up some axles with rims and tires)....We are based in Port Elizabeth and you can have the body moved up to Durban for around R3500 to R3800 with a transporter, unless you fetch it yourself. If you are interested then i will take a pic or two and post it here tomorrow. The bus with improvised axles and tires should cost under R10K. ...
vintage kombi.co.za (Website)
vintage kombi on Facebook
Cyndi Kritzinger
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: '76 BRAZILIA '78 BAY
Facebook: yes

Post by Cyndi Kritzinger »

HI GENIENE AND OTHER FORUM MEMBERS.

THIS ENQUIRY WAS PUT TO ME AGES AGO.
ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION WAS PASSED ON BUT NOTHING MATERIALISED.
EITHER A HOAX OR PERHAPS SOMEONE HOPING FOR A FREEBIE?

AGAIN GENIENE.
I AM BASED IN DURBAN; HAVE STARTED A KOMBI CLUB HERE, AND HAVE HIRED VEHICLES FOR WEDDINGS, DANCES, PHOTOSHOOTS AND EVEN MUSIC VIDEOS. I'D BE THRILLED TO TRY AND HELP YOU IF THIS IS A LEGITIMATE REQUEST. IF IT ISN'T, THIS ISN'T THE FORUM YOU WANT TO HOODWINK SOMEONE ON.

LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU SOON AGAIN.

REGARDS

MARK