VW Beetle engine parts for sale

Don't want to register but want to ask a question or post something aircooled for sale? Post here.
Louis van der Linde

VW Beetle engine parts for sale

Post by Louis van der Linde »

Good morning,

I have also been a VW beetle and bus fanatic since an early age. I have got a number of stock VW air cooled engine items, and a couple of sought-after performance parts which I am looking to sell. Instead of advertising on the open market, I was thinking of approaching VW and Bus clubs and privateers who may be interested in buying these items. I bought a 1969 Porsche 911 some time ago, and want to clear my VW stock as I am pressed for space. I do not have photos of the items at the moment, but here is a short list:

1. 1 X Scat Counterbalanced VW Beetle crank with white-metal bearings (slightly damaged bearing journals, will have to be grinded)
2. 1 X Chromed centrifugal advance distributor in brand new condition, with see-through top,
3. 1 X 1835cc Piston and barrel kit,
4. 2 X 36mm Webber downdraft carburettors (as was fitted on the Alfasud), which will fit well on a Beetle engine.
5. Shortened VW floorpan to fit standard short beachbuggy,
6. 1 X Complete VW Beetle front suspension,
7. 1 X Complete VW Beetle Gearbox with side shafts,
8. Whole host of miscellaneous VW Beetle engine spares.

Please let me know if you will be interested to buy some of these components. I will have photos available shortly if you are interested.

Louis van der Linde
Cell : 083 304 3311

Muderick
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 65T2 66T1 72T2 73T2

Re: VW Beetle engine parts for sale

Post by Muderick »

I will take the 36mm Webers and Distributor, thanks Louis.

Old School or Bust!
Louis van der Linde

Hi Muderick, unfortunately the Carbs have already been taken, but the Distributor is still available for R1250.00. I will take photos of the components over the weekend and post as soon as I can, so you can at least see what you're buying.
Muderick
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 65T2 66T1 72T2 73T2

Post by Muderick »

LOL .... Louis... u sold them to me. check your whatsapp.

Old School or Bust!
62RestCal
Oil Pump
What model do you have?: 62

Post by 62RestCal »

Hi Louis, is the scat crank still available, is it 69mm? How much are you asking for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Louis van der Linde

Sorry Muderick, this leaves me a bit embarrassed, your carbs are on their way to you, I couriered them on Saturday. you still interested in the distributor ?

I got a couple of surprises, I measured the crank stroke over the weekend, and stroke was +-82mm!! I will try to post some pictures.

Bad news is, when I measured the piston diameter of the "1835cc" kit, it was not 1835cc, but rather 1736cc, when calculated with standard stroke of 69mm. However, If one now uses the 82mm stroker crank, with the 1736cc piston/cylinder kit, you can have a 2063cc motor, providing that the barrels allows a stroke of 82mm. Sorry guys, did not intend to mislead anybody, the stuff stood in my garage for years, and I never took the time to measure properly. if anybody is still interested, please drop me a mail to Louis.vanderlinde@DRAGlobal.com.

I will also try and post photos of a host of other components I need to clear out of my garage, and would to sell to guys like us, who needs the odd piece of engine tin, etc.

Kind regards to all.
brianj
Single Port
What model do you have?: 67DC 66Fasty, 71West

Post by brianj »

Where are you based?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Louis van der Linde

I'm based in Wingate Park, in the east of Pretoria.