1964 VW Beetle 2 door sedan for sale

Don't want to register but want to ask a question or post something aircooled for sale? Post here.
JamesC

1964 VW Beetle 2 door sedan for sale

Post by JamesC »

Good morning all,

I am not a member nor an enthusiast but merely assisting my mom and dad to sell their 1964 VW. So apologies for gatecrashing your forum.

History:
My granny bought the vehicle as a demo model in 1964 for my mother to use. But she hardly used it. And so, more than half a century later, the Beetle is still standing in the garage. My dad occasionally attend vintage shows with it (maybe one a year).

It is number matching. Everything is still original and the only change has been from 6v-12v.

Other than that, still the way it rolled off the floor in '64.

My dad washes and waxes and faffs over it every now and again.

However, the time has come to sell as they need to move to a smaller place and the VW has to go.

I live on a farm and fear, if it was parked there, it will not receive any love.

The old problem, price? I honestly don't know and I have read some threads here and I know it is a somewhat annoying line "make me an offer"...
I have seen some listed from over R100k to as much as R175k. I am not knowledgeable re values so have to go on what I see on the internet.

To those interested, you are welcome to contact me on 0834431879 and I can send you some pics (which I will go and take later today).

spicydave
Oil Seal
What model do you have?: 1973
South Africa

Re: 1964 VW Beetle 2 door sedan for sale

Post by spicydave »

Hi James

Not to be funny but what happened to all the offers you told me there was on the Beetle ?
bruce65
Drip
What model do you have?: 1977

Post by bruce65 »

Hi James could you possibly post a few pics please?
Eugene
Carburettor
What model do you have?: 2 many 2 mention :-)
South Africa

Post by Eugene »

James....you are well aware now....probably for ever, that this car is not original....has been resprayed, with clear signs of accident damage , seats cheaply upholstered and far from original. Please correct your post or else I'll ask mods to remove it :evil:
You can never have enough Garages :-(
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

pics will help

FWIW, just because you see bugs advertised for 175k doesnt mean they are selling for that price. I'll however hazard a guess that unless your car is absolutely showroom perfect, its not worth that kind of money.
Eugene
Carburettor
What model do you have?: 2 many 2 mention :-)
South Africa

Post by Eugene »

I was about to buy this car while at KKKK, based on the exact same add, he reposted. I pulled out because the car was not original. Now he posts it again, fully knowing it has been repainted (and not very well) and He was also informed about upholstery and accident damage....sound like a scamster to me, or at the very least, he is intentionally misleading the members on this forum.
You can never have enough Garages :-(
spicydave
Oil Seal
What model do you have?: 1973
South Africa

Post by spicydave »

Eugene wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:54 pm I was about to buy this car while at KKKK, based on the exact same add, he reposted. I pulled out because the car was not original. Now he posts it again, fully knowing it has been repainted (and not very well) and He was also informed about upholstery and accident damage....sound like a scamster to me, or at the very least, he is intentionally misleading the members on this forum.
I saw this exact car at KKK and once Eugene pulled out I offered R65k

I also bought some parts the “old” man had with him

Now James again think he will get R100k plus

As it stand James, I’ll offer R30k for this Beetle

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:41 am.