Any Bug N Ghia Clubs in KZN.

Listings of VW clubs
wolfsbane
Drip

Any Bug N Ghia Clubs in KZN.

Post by wolfsbane »

Does anyone know of any clubs, or even just social gathering of people who are batty about bugs, googoo over ghias, bananas about buses, even twitty over type 3's, ( dont forget flipped over fast backs too :) in or around Kzn, I aint far from Dbn, or Richards Bay, and my Ghia runs 100% so I can even make it to events in Guateng, Help,

Lonely Fanatic in Kzn.

Wolf

On the 8th Day God Created Ghias
John Wocke
Drip
What model do you have?: 1964

Re: Any Bug N Ghia Clubs in KZN.

Post by John Wocke »

I am restoring a '64 Karmann Ghia and I am in Richards Bay. I am looking for some people who have spares. In particular the badges and will need some other stuff as I get to the assembly stage. Have completed body rebuild about 80%. No contacts or any connections for advice por spares. Maybe you know of some people who have some spares.
bugspray
Floorpan
What model do you have?: 71 Westy + 74beetle
Facebook: http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?r0d306f00&refid=7
South Africa

Post by bugspray »

Howsit John. Welcome to Acvwsa. The scene down in durbs isn't as big as one would hope.

What you could do is start a new topic tell us alil about you, and then tell us what you've done and what still needs to be done.

The guys on here are awesome and I'm sure somebody may be able to help you.

Cheers
Junaid
More than meets the eye!
jolas
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: '65 Kombi

Post by jolas »

Hi John and welcome. Why don't you start a thread under the "My Ride" section, post some photos of the restoration, etc up till now. We LOVE to see the pics :-)
There is also a "Wanted" section you could post under. Perhaps you have some "stuff" to trade/swop and so on ? Cheers
by fig » Mar 26, 2018
Sambas in South Africa are good for only 2 things: showing off and sunburn.
andyrtmorgan
Oil Pump
What model do you have?: '59 Ghia Coupe

Post by andyrtmorgan »

Mmmmm... I reckon there are many more airheads in KZN than we realise... think it might just be a case of good old 'Kingdom Apathy' which is why we don't get big concerts in durbs (because we wait and see what the weather's like or if something better comes up like a braai at a mate's house before buying tickets!!) On the other hand, I think quite a few of the KZN aircooled fraternity haven't quite stepped out onto the interweb which makes things a little more oldschool... phonebooks etc.

Anyway, John I'm up in Hillcrest and have a fairly complete '59 lowlight and I saw about 3 or 4 nice looking ghias at Cars in the Park in Maritzburg the other day. One very neat red lowlight belonging to a chap called Howard had a very good looking Joe Cali styled Type 4 conversion with a home-made tinware weldjob - very cool. I also spot the odd ghia cruising surreptitiously by on the M13 or the N3 so they are out there. A mate of mine has just got a Type 3 fasty that he's having sorted out and should be good to go in a matter of days.

Anyway, let me know if there's anything I might be able to help you with!

Andy
'59 Ghia
Hloni
Exhaust Pipe
What model do you have?: It was a '75.

Post by Hloni »

andyrtmorgan wrote:Mmmmm... I reckon there are many more airheads in KZN than we realise... think it might just be a case of good old 'Kingdom Apathy' which is why we don't get big concerts in durbs (because we wait and see what the weather's like or if something better comes up like a braai at a mate's house before buying tickets!!) On the other hand, I think quite a few of the KZN aircooled fraternity haven't quite stepped out onto the interweb which makes things a little more oldschool... phonebooks etc.

Anyway, John I'm up in Hillcrest and have a fairly complete '59 lowlight and I saw about 3 or 4 nice looking ghias at Cars in the Park in Maritzburg the other day. One very neat red lowlight belonging to a chap called Howard had a very good looking Joe Cali styled Type 4 conversion with a home-made tinware weldjob - very cool. I also spot the odd ghia cruising surreptitiously by on the M13 or the N3 so they are out there. A mate of mine has just got a Type 3 fasty that he's having sorted out and should be good to go in a matter of days.
Andy, well observed there my broer. The greater challenge now is how do we get some of this guys onto a forum (online or otherwise) where they interact and share their wisdom with us up and comming dubbers? I honestly love how everyone has 'a Beetle story' but not a 'City Golf story'. People still love this car man!!!

How effective are breakfast runs (PLEASE NOT THE SUNDAY STUFF COS I GO TO CHURCH AND MISS OUT), or even summer evening gatherings might be worth it - where guys just talk k@k for 3 hours then drive home?
"Volkswagen customers want a relationship with their cars. Names like The Thing, Beetle, Fox, and Rabbit support this" - Kerri Martin
andyrtmorgan
Oil Pump

Post by andyrtmorgan »

Ja, I'm keen... although I also suffer from that 'Durban apathy' I refered to (which is probably how I know so much about it!!) so need a fire lit under my arse to get me going too... Hloni, you might just be holding the matches!

Sunday pm gatherings might work hey? Church and cycling races are usually over by then?!
'59 Ghia
Hloni
Exhaust Pipe
What model do you have?: It was a '75.

Post by Hloni »

Ja, races and church are over by 11am, as well as babalas for some :-)
"Volkswagen customers want a relationship with their cars. Names like The Thing, Beetle, Fox, and Rabbit support this" - Kerri Martin
Ron&Gill
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: Type 1, 21b, 34, 316
Netherlands

Post by Ron&Gill »

IMHO... If you want to get guys together, get them together in real life, not on the forum. Sure, use the forum as a place to introduce etc (if you can get people to actually use there names it would be nice), but the real value is the people you meet at events.
1964 T34 - The Razor: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10290
1956 T2 1b - Gill's bus: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10948
1967 T316 - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10931 & viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15977
2000 beach buggy - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10915
69bug
Crankshaft
What model do you have?: Not enough!

Post by 69bug »

I cant believe that there are so few aircooled guys in Dbn and surrounds. A few years ago there was a LARGE so called club, which fell to pieces. As Ron says - get the guys together on the ground, and take it from there
"TSW" and "Street Rod" should not be used in the same sentence! - Barry
Justin Miller
Drip
What model do you have?: 1970 1500 Beetle
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jeriksenmiller?ref=tn_tnmn

Post by Justin Miller »

Hey Wolf,

I am looking to start a Airr-cooled club here in KZN. I want the first formal event to be Cars in the Park in PMB, but want to have an informal gathering before then.

DO you know of anyone else that would join a kzn based acvw club. i am trying to get a idea of numbers to see if it is worthwhile to start, i reckon if i can get 20 members it would be worthwhile...

Thanks
Justin Miller
andyrtmorgan
Oil Pump

Post by andyrtmorgan »

I'm keen, as would my mate 'strevin' be. I have a '59 lowlight ghia and he has an early 60s Fasty.

Andy
'59 Ghia
dubster
Valve
What model do you have?: buggy and '74 beetle

Post by dubster »

We could a meet and greet...

here...

http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... 12&t=24202
1974 1300tp type 1

kart kraft 1717cc buggy

''BLOOD AND TEARS WILL FLOW FOR ACVW'S,FOR LIFE''
Thunderbug
Drip
What model do you have?: 2 x Beetles so far!

Post by Thunderbug »

Howdoo GentleBugs....

So any further movements in KayzedEn?

- T-Bug