Dream world

Porsche and replica Porsche posts over here.
Watercool
Transmission
What model do you have?: VW Rabbit 2.5

Dream world

Post by Watercool »

I stopped by a friends place on Tuesday and he had some nice treasures sitting in the wearhouse, sorry for the crappy cell pics.
3.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
He also had tons of older Corvette's, Cobra's, muscle cars and hot rods. A fun place to burn a few hours, I will go back and take some decent pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference
69bug
Crankshaft
What model do you have?: Not enough!

Re: Dream world

Post by 69bug »

:D Yes please! Very nice place to visit! Lets see some more pic's ....
"TSW" and "Street Rod" should not be used in the same sentence! - Barry
vw59beetle
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: Enjoyable one

Post by vw59beetle »

Is that a 959? Apparently the the law prohibited the US to bring in any 959's into the country, when they first came on the market. If my memory serves me right, they only made 200 of these super cars.
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

As far as I recall the 959 wasnt sold in USA because they wanted a few for destructive testing before allowing sales. Porsche give them the middle finger.

That garage looks like a picture from the dream garages thread
Watercool
Transmission

Post by Watercool »

The 959 story is somewhat true, but there was also electronic/computer problems etc. At that point the only people to bring two cars in to the US legally was Bill Gates and his partner from Microsoft, they had the money and know how to rectify the computer problems. The USA have a 25 year law, that means you can not import a vehicle that is not sold in the US till it is 25 years old, after that it is kinda a free for all.
Years ago I was looking at a Lancia Delta integrale evo, it was located in Canada (Canada law is only 15 years on imports)I had nearly all the paperwork sorted and car registard till some eagle eyed goverment employee spotted the year and shot me down, still lust after that car. Thats when I bought the Audi Quattro.
Some other really bad pics from the wearhouse...
6.jpg
5.jpg
8.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference
Porscheguy
Drip
What model do you have?: Jetta 4

Post by Porscheguy »

That is not 959; it is a 911 G-series with a 959 body kit.
'03 Citroen Picasso
'04 Renault Kangoo
'95 Jeep Cherokee x 2
'89 Porsche 944
.....and a shedload of Porsche Spares
MarshallGTi
Camshaft
What model do you have?: GTi 16v

Post by MarshallGTi »

is that a private collection, or storage for a bunch of enthusiasts?
Ryan Marshall

An ingenius solution to a problem that should have never existed in the 1st place

My Bug http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... 37&t=25752" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SoutieRSA
Oil Leak
What model do you have?: 1972

Post by SoutieRSA »

@ PorscheGuy
I agree, that '959' almost had me fooled too, until I went back and had a second look...still, nice kit though...
Watercool
Transmission

Post by Watercool »

That 959 also had me fooled for a second, but it is still done very well. Lots of money spend on that conversion. It is even featured in the official Porsche enthusiasts mags.
My friend runs a exotic dealership, you can drop your car off with him and he will sell it for you, or you can place an order with him and he will find you what you want, the inventory is always changing. I have had it that the whole inventory change in 3 weeks. I bought my Quattro from him, now he is pestering me to buy a very nice Lotus Esprit V8 from him. But I will hold out for a Pantera. I will go back for more pics soon.