Kombi's for Sale - Centurion

Post general ACVW topics here
Forum rules
If its not ACVW related, post it in Off Topic.
Jdt1976
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 1952 beetle

Re: Kombi's for Sale - Centurion

Post by Jdt1976 »

Donovan D wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:58 pm Going pro ?

Untitled.jpg
Pro what, pro con artist?

acpaterson
Carburettor
What model do you have?: Winston, a 74 Bay
South Africa

Post by acpaterson »

No no, this is that other guy I chased out the KKK group.. wanting get everyone's details, and car details, and trying to catalogue VW's etc..
There was a thread here somewhere..
Donovan D
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 67 Panel
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=536371512
South Africa

Post by Donovan D »

Maybe a bit more professional than just sticking to facebook, and starting an official business with web page and advertising.
This is the same guy that is mentioned earlier in this thread.

Capture2.JPG
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
---------- 67 Panelvan -----------
---------- 56 Oval ----------
Derek
Crankshaft
What model do you have?: 1971, 1972, 1978
Facebook: Derek Antonio Serra

Post by Derek »

I think that Werner Kruger is a car 'broker'...When he sees you advertising a kombi for say R 90 000 he contacts you, and says he can sell it on your behalf. He then marks it up by say R 40 000 and advertises it on hos webpage. If he gets a buyer then you get your asking price and he pockets a neat profit. He probably buys very little with his own cash. He has called me several times, emailed me, sent me messages...He is quite determined...I don't know his involvement with the likes of Tyle Hanneman, etc.
'70 Dormobile - 1.6
'76 Brasilia - 1.6
fig
Bus Driver
What model do you have?: Type 2
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/258896479219/
South Africa

Post by fig »

fig wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:47 am Another ad:
https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkie ... %2Fv1q0p12

Seller listed as Cape Holiday, which is known to be one of Tyl Hannemann's gumtree accounts. Ad lists phone number as 0604484284
The double cab in the ad above has been relisted. Price now R95k:
https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkie ... 1052069709

Same seller is also advertising a 1960 Karmann Ghia:
https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkie ... 1052069709

Seller lists his number as 0763533475, so we can add yet another phone number to the collection. I wonder if this seller is Tyl Hanneman or Werner Kruger?

There's so much BS in those ads I won't even waste time listing it all. But take note of the "matching numbers" claims on both cars, when the KG's "original 1300" engine is obviously not an original 1960 1200 engine ...
fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." -- Henry Ford
Eugene
Carburettor
What model do you have?: 2 many 2 mention :-)
South Africa

Post by Eugene »

fig wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:27 pm ...But take note of the "matching numbers" claims on both cars ...
Well, to be fair, he claims, "Matching engine and chassis numbers on registration paperwork", so just saying that the engine in the car is the same as the one on registration docs
You can never have enough Garages :-(
LateBay
Drip
What model do you have?: 1979

Post by LateBay »

Ok

So this bunch intrigues me.

They advertise all their vehicles as being up north but truth be told they are all based in Pringle Bay.

The first time I encountered them a woman by the name of Anke Hamers responded to the email with the whole long story of how they had bought this bus they are now selling for themselves etc etc.

She told me the bus was sold and it looked like a very nice plus.

A few weeks later an add appeared for a 1979 bay window which I was after to restore.

Initially a guy by the name of Marius Du Toit claimed to be in Kleinmond but the bus ended up being in being in Pringle Bay and myself being in George I took them on their word and bought the vehicle as they described it and paid them in full in cash same bank which reflected immediately.

I sent a carrier to collect it.

Low and behold when the vehicle arrived it was nothing close to what they had described it as at and infact I had been scammed by them.

I went on to sell the vehicle and was lucky enough to recover my money.

At that point I hadn't worked out that they were were dealers and Anke Hamers and Tyl Hannemann and Maruis Du Toit who I suspect was actually Tyl were all in cahoots.

A year later an Autovilla up advertised up north that ended up being in Pringle Bay and the seller was again tell Hanneman who tried to extort the money upfront from me without the opportunity of of viewing the vehicle based on the amount of interest he claimed to have on the vehicle.

They also at that point has a splitty advertised on gumtree.

This was the exact same modus operandi last vehicle that he scammed me on.

There was a whole long sob story about how it was his wife's grandfather's vehicle out of his deceased estate etc etc et cetera a whole lot of nonsense and rubbish.

I am not even sure whether this vehicle actually existed nd as such I walked away.

Has anybody else had a similar experience with Tyl Hannemann and Anke Hamers?
Dawie
Fuel Injection
What model do you have?: Aircooled, various
South Africa

Post by Dawie »

Interesting...
By the way, we came to the conclusion that he is following this post, and adjusting his moves accordingly..
Staying Aircooled is so much nicer.
Do'nt assume anything- (While doing fault-finding).
Pine
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Oil on the driveway

Post by Pine »

I still think this is funny :lol:
Pine wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:59 pm
Lowsnow wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:25 am Hi all I know where to find Tyl contact me 0827891809. Or private me

Coincidence? :shock:
Till Eulenspiegel (German pronunciation: [tɪl ˈʔɔʏlənˌʃpiːɡəl], Low Saxon: Dyl Ulenspegel [dɪl ˈʔuːlnˌspeɪɡl̩], Dutch: Tijl Uilenspiegel) is a trickster figure originating in Middle Low German folklore. He appeared in chapbooks telling episodes that outlined his picaresque career in Germany, the Low Countries, Denmark, Bohemia, Poland, and Italy. He made his main entrance in English-speaking culture late in the nineteenth century as "Owlglass". However, he was first mentioned in English literature by Ben Jonson in his comedic play The Alchemist, or even earlier – Owleglasse – by Henry Porter in The Two Angry Women of Abington (1599).
fig
Bus Driver
South Africa

Post by fig »

LateBay wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:56 pm ...

Low and behold when the vehicle arrived it was nothing close to what they had described it as at and infact I had been scammed by them.

Has anybody else had a similar experience with Tyl Hannemann and Anke Hamers?
There seem to be a few people who were conned into paying for cars that turned out to be somewhat less than promised. One buyer of a karmann Ghia that looked great in the pics but turned out to be rotten went as far as posting an ad on gumtree warning people against dealing with Tyl Hannemann and showing all his correspondence from his attempts to cancel the deal.
fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." -- Henry Ford
73type2
Pushrod
What model do you have?: '73 T2 Single Cab
France

Post by 73type2 »

LateBay wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:56 pm

I went on to sell the vehicle and was lucky enough to recover my money.
I'm a bit confused by the above. You've been scammed by the sellers and you mention that you could sell the vehicle and recover your money. Logic dictates that the new owner also didn't get a good deal...??
LateBay
Drip
What model do you have?: 1979

Post by LateBay »

Very simply put the fundamental difference is the person who bought the vehicle from me had the opportunity to fully view it, and subject it to any form of scrutiny that he so desired before properly applying his mind to buy the vehicle and embarking on a full restoration.

In my instance the vehicle was completely misdescribed to me, staged for photographs, and I was specifically told by the Seller the condition which in no way related to the vehicle which ultimately arrived on my doorstep.

As far as I'm concerned the vehicle described to me at the one that arrived were two different vehicles.

So yes I was scammed by him on the basis that he completely misdescribed the vehicle and placed undue pressure on me to part with my money before having the opportunity its to view it.

And no I never scammed the person who bought it from me as they had adequate and full opportunity to apply their mind properly to the purchase.

I hope that this makes sense.
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

and yet this guy still manages to operate... how many people have gone to the cops with this? Or lawyers?
fig
Bus Driver
South Africa

Post by fig »

Tony Z wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:57 pm and yet this guy still manages to operate... how many people have gone to the cops with this? Or lawyers?
While these guys may well have committed fraud, the problem will be in proving it. Hyperbole is a legitimate technique in advertising. It's not always simple to draw a line between hype and lies. Sometimes it's better to just chalk it up to experience and move on.

Caveat emptor! Never buy a pig in a poke.

Cars always look better in photographs, even if they haven't been "styled". If I had a rand for every time a seller told me a car is in "immaculate" or "excellent" condition, only to find it was a mess when I saw it, I'd have had enough money to buy the Ellisras single cab.
fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult

fig
Bus Driver
South Africa

Post by fig »

Looks like our friends are still active:
https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-classic-vin ... 0060205609

LOL. They give their location as Luthuli House. I guess they don't see the irony!
fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult