Eagle Kit Car

Post general ACVW topics here
Forum rules
If its not ACVW related, post it in Off Topic.
Cornevdw
Drip
What model do you have?: Eagle Kit Car

Eagle Kit Car

Post by Cornevdw »

Hi Everyone,

Very Nice Forum I must say.

So I bought myself a very Nice almost complete Eagle Kit Car with a reconditioned type 4 VW 2L engine, with a single barrel weber carburetor. The car does need some work since its bee standing in a warehouse for a long time. To be honest I’m also not 100% sure what Engine it is, I can see a VW & Audi signs on it and from some research an foto’s it looks like the VW Type 4.

I need some help with the roof hydraulics. The motor is in there but the wires is not connected. Service manual or something like that.

Do you still get body parts for the Eagle in South Africa, if you whom can i contact or is there a website perhaps?

Rgds
Corne

buggyfan
Long Block
What model do you have?: lwb beachbuggy
South Africa

Re: Eagle Kit Car

Post by buggyfan »

Hi and welcome.
@Eagle is your go to guy for all things Eagle kitcar related.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=31973&p=292239&hil ... le#p292224
http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... tt#p269451" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
retrovan
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 52T1,68FB,72Bay,75FL
Netherlands

Post by retrovan »

The chairman of the Eagle clyb is Johan, and here is a quote from an old post with his details

Will however show him your post as He is on the forum sometimes as Johan Eagle or Eagle
retrovan wrote: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:25 pm If you need, or want info on the Eagle cars, why not contact Johan, he is the local expert, and holder of the most eagles in SA

His number is zero82 seven 599 five 99

Herman
Yes that is a Type 4 motor, and Yes Johan can supply you with body parts.

Hope you come right or you can PM me and I will get your cell number to him..

Herman
Last edited by retrovan on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
1952 Split Beetle 1835cc
1968 Fastback 2Lt.type4
1972 Low Light Bay Panel Van 2Lt type 4
1975 Fleetline Panel Van 1914cc
2020 MeFusco Beetle Truck 2Lt type 4
1972 FT Hahn SP 1776 cc
Eagle
Drip
What model do you have?: Eagle and Kombi Braz

Post by Eagle »

Yes corne, It is absolute fantastic to here about an Eagle pitching out of the dust!! Please send me an email to eagle sportscars@gmail.com and I will forward you a lot of usefull data on this most beautiful car on the road. Our aim is to get as many Eagles back on the road as possible. Seeing you are in Windhoek doesnt matter!! Send us some photos of the car and tell us the history of where when how it came out of the dust PLease!!! Thanks we will provide all the necessary to get your car up and running again. Have a good night Eagle Greetings
73type2
Pushrod
What model do you have?: '73 T2 Single Cab
France

Post by 73type2 »

Hi Eagle. How about posting some Eagle pics here? You got me interested with your post above.
Cornevdw
Drip

Post by Cornevdw »

Thank you for all the reply's, I can use all the help i can get this complete this project.

So just some background on the car and how i found it.

The car belonged a an gentleman that passed two year back from Lung Cancer. As he had time over the years to worked on the car but never completed it as you will see from the photo's. The did manage to complete a great deal from how i see it. Im not to sure what model the car is, and i'm not sure where to look exactly to be honest.

So after he passed his left everything to his two daughter and they live in South Africa. So they decided to sell everything hence I saw the post in FB. had no idea what i'm looking at but liked what I saw. After seeing the car on FB started researching on got the to "Sterling Nova Kit Car" that look exactly like this but mine have the eagle badges on it, that off course confused the hell out of me since I struggled to get info on Eagle kit cars.

Anyway moving on, I phoned them can went to go check the car out. This car has been standing in a warehouse for years I could tell. The car looked like it was in a good condition and it came with a reconditioned 2L VW Engine that has never been used from what I was told. I there and then decided to buy the car as this would be a great project, even though I knew that getting parts might be problem.

So that is the story behind it, i'm still waiting on the paperwork from his daughters maybe that will tell me more.

Now, I luckily don't have two left hands :-) and always wanted to attempt a project car like this, but will need lots of help off course, so any information will be appreciated like manuals etc.

I managed to get the hydraulic roof working tonight, so that is opening and closing now.

The other Question I have, i have attached a photo of the actual Engine i bought with the car, it seems that its missing some parts like the oil fill tune and oil level dipstick etc. Where is the best place the get parts, and does anyone know what engine this is. I know its a VW 2L type 4 from my research mostly use in the VW Combi, and from what I could read either the same or similar Porsche 914 Engine.

The other question I have it the following, the gearbox and engine dont fit together. So I know i will require a different bellhousing if im correct. the Gearbox information "113 301 103H" Vw. Any information on this will be great.

Then my last question, I would really like to upgrade it disk brakes. I saw you do get several kits out there. anything you would suggest when doing this ?

Rgds
Corne

retrovan
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 52T1,68FB,72Bay,75FL
Netherlands

Post by retrovan »

Eagle wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:55 pm ............... email to eaglesportscars@gmail.com ................ Eagle Greetings
Hi @Cornevdw
Fixed the e-mail address of Johan so now you can get hold of him,

He is your best bet as far as info on the Eagle is concerned, he eats and sleeps Eagles.

You can also phone him as his number is above.

Good luck with your car, and enjoy it.

Herman
1952 Split Beetle 1835cc
1968 Fastback 2Lt.type4
1972 Low Light Bay Panel Van 2Lt type 4
1975 Fleetline Panel Van 1914cc
2020 MeFusco Beetle Truck 2Lt type 4
1972 FT Hahn SP 1776 cc
Cornevdw
Drip

Post by Cornevdw »

Herman,

thank you for all the help so far, Appreciated.

I mailed Johan, last night bu forwarded it now to the correct mail address.

Rgds
Corne
Eagle
Drip
What model do you have?: Eagle and Kombi Braz

Post by Eagle »

Corne Please contact me so that we can get our communication in place again and that you can enjoy your Eagle/ eaglesportscars@gmail.com or on Facebook at Eaglesportscars searh abit their you wil find us and we are on a whatsapp group as well Eagle sports cars.

Eagle Greetings

PS Do you need a windscreen? We can help!!