ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Oil on the driveway

Post by Pine »

vuyo
Exhaust Pipe
What model do you have?: beetle
Facebook: vuyo dube

Post by vuyo »

Mr Pine i stay in Blairgowrie im about 300m away from the Recreation Centre give me a buzz when you at the Fair :P
60s look 74 beetle
Hexadane
Drip
What model do you have?: 1970

Re:

Post by Hexadane »

Merlin wrote:*lmao* @ you being old. ;)

I don't think I'll have the time Didi. There are a couple of things I need to check out, one of which we need to talk about. :D

...not to mention I am now drastically cutting myself off from car activities. I've had a string of experiences which has put me right off of them to the point where I no longer wish to associate with car activities for a while. I am not enjoying my cars at present. If the feeling persists in the forseeable future, I'll be leaving the scene and *possibly selling my cars.

No disrespect to the club. I'm sure they organize great events. I just felt out of place, and the comment made here a few days ago by FFF with his modified car being turned down put me off somewhat too.

Cheers, N.
Merlin i am 21 the club was established about 5 months before i was born, i have been an active member (born into the club) for 21 years i have seen many faces come and go, i know politics are the main issuse of the club, you know the rich the poor to much knowledge to little, i havnt seen young members attending and have greatly reduced my involvement in the club, but i will support them all the way, (p.s werner isnt fond of my conversion either but its not the clubs desision as to what we do with our cars we all want the perfect VW in the end)
Merlin
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?:  Various

Re: Jacaranda Beetle Club Car Wash Day - Sunday 25 March 2007

Post by Merlin »

Nice to meet another youngster...OK, OK, I'm at the upper end now. ;)

I don't attend shows or clubs anymore, at least not as part of a VW gathering, and have cut down my efforts for the VW community too. Where do I pitch up, is where I've been asked to by friends, or for parts collection, etc.

I partake in activities with a club of another marque, whom I've grown up with. Actually, club is the wrong word...extended family is the phrase I'm looking for. :D

What do you roll in?

N.
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, and oversteer, the rear.
Hp is how fast you hit the wall, and Torque is how far you take the wall with you."
sled wrote:well obviously the UK is wrong.
eddyr
Oil Seal
What model do you have?: 49,53,56,57,67ect

Jacaranda Club?

Post by eddyr »

i havnt seen young members attending and have greatly reduced my involvement in the club, but i will support them all the way, (p.s werner isnt fond of my conversion either but its not the clubs desision as to what we do with our cars we all want the perfect VW in the end)
When was the last time you went to the Club? I'm also a youngster... In 2007 there were a couple of youngsters that joined... But I Know how you feel... We must remember that the people in that club have been there for years and they are older then the average 25 years old.

I also had to earn my respect in that club, so that they can see I’m not going to cut up every old beetle and make a buggabug or beach buggy from it.

The club can only take so many member as it’s held at a small clubhouse so it’s amost like when I member “moves” on we can take a new member.

They got a website now and things are looking better…

I have a ’53 Oval that’s old school but dropped and big wheels and so on, Werner even complimented the car. Hannes Snetler drives a ’59 ragtop with a Rotary enjin in, Werner’s word about this car was, it such a good example that it wil put the Germans to shame…

SO yes they maybe old people but there is young blood there…
eben
Site Admin
What model do you have?: None
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ebenve
Slovakia

Post by eben »

No such problems with Phenomenal Bugs :mrgreen:
..but then again they don't give you remedies for gout in their monthly newsletters :wink:
Hexadane
Drip

Post by Hexadane »

Merlin I roll in a 1970 bug busy with a nissan conversion tired of AC motor, eddy i think you might have seen it at an event or meeting, nothing special but i have not seen a spec of rust on my pan :D the attached pic was taken when my ac motor still had all its bearings intact (whisteling about) werner and i built the motor and alot of care was taken to ensure a healthy strong motor, I can say the C25 cam makes 1 huge diffirence in power and consumption, did an economy run an managed to drive 22 Km on 1,5 L of juice ( and that wasnt pansing around i have a natural heavy foot) too many movies i think constantly want to "Drift" with my bug my friend all say im crazy but i like it :) Oh eddy dont know if you heard we sold the 1967 super beetle to Ferdi's son Martin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Merlin
ACVWSA Junkie

Post by Merlin »

Werner helped put a Nissan engine into a VW!? :o :lol:

1.5 l is a wierd number to compare on. ;)

Unless you've done some work to your s/a bug, be careful...you'll put it on it's roof before you can say "WtF?". ;)

A Super...in '67! :?:

N.
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, and oversteer, the rear.
Hp is how fast you hit the wall, and Torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Hexadane
Drip

Post by Hexadane »

its known as the 67 super, as it was released with disk brakes on the front wheels, Im gonna be carefull for the 1st couple of trips as i dondt know how the car will adapt with its new heart.
Merlin
ACVWSA Junkie

Post by Merlin »

I've certainly never heard of that term. I'm not sure of the Euro terminology, but the 1500 could have been tagged with Deluxe.

"Super", afaik, was only used for the Fugly curved windscreen wannabe-bugs.

N.