'63 looker... :)

Give details and pictures of your ACVW projects here.
zubz
Valve
What model do you have?: 62 LHD Rag, 69 Auto

Re: '63 looker... :)

Post by zubz »

davetapson wrote:
zubz wrote:Dave, I am in the process of doing the same strip down on my bug and respray etc...how do you plan to sort out the rust spots on the channels etc?
I haven't cleaned them up yet - I'm hoping that the rust will be surface only, and that I can clean it up and paint it without too much hassle. If that turns out not to be the case, I'll figure out what to do then!

The door pillars, I want to get some replacement feet from the UK - still need to get a price etc to find out if it's doable.
I just rremoved the carpeting and hoping it doesnt turn out bad, doesnt look bad at all though but you never know.

If you do order some door pillars please let me know, maybe we could club together and make shipping cheaper.... :wink:

Dutch_Diver
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: 64 bus & 63 Bug
Facebook: www.facebook.com/people/Frank-Van-Hoof/576686903

Post by Dutch_Diver »

zubz wrote:
Dutch_Diver wrote:I am working on setting something offical up for forum members but need to work out how we do the money. Also need to get the baby out the way. I did say I would and I try to be a man of my word.

My plan is only to help people not form a shop like Calooker. Shipping from Uk won't be cheap but as a last resort
I know I had to do it myself. :puterwork:
Sounds good, I will def make use of your services. I already have a Natwest account and use Paypal alot.... :hangloose:
Perfect!
"MO" - 1965 Splitscreen bus --> http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... =37&t=9305" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"BOBBIE" - 1963 Beetle --> http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... 23&t=11338" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
davetapson
Oil Cooler
What model do you have?: Type 1's '63 and '66
Facebook: www.facebook.com/davetapson

Post by davetapson »

Zubz

Calooker has post bottoms for R220, 4 week lead time.

Am waiting for a price on Hookey's and will then make a decision.

Cheers
Dave
My project: http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... 23&t=12543" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking for a splitscreen panelvan - have a year or two to find one. If you know of one, please let me know.
zubz
Valve

Post by zubz »

Visted that hookys shop dave mentioned and his panels are really not that badly priced, or so I think, so if you look at the door pillar for 25quid and shipping another 15-20quid that aint bad...

Dave, why dont we order these pillars???? :D
zubz
Valve

Post by zubz »

davetapson wrote:Zubz

Am waiting for a price on Hookey's and will then make a decision.

Cheers
Dave
Didnt know this...

Well we wont really be able to get cheaper then this, those hookys panels are 25quid which is already 250, then you have to factor shipping unless somebody brings these in their luggage in which case you save...
davetapson
Oil Cooler

Post by davetapson »

We may as well bang in an order - he can order all four at one time...
My project: http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... 23&t=12543" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking for a splitscreen panelvan - have a year or two to find one. If you know of one, please let me know.
zubz
Valve

Post by zubz »

davetapson wrote:We may as well bang in an order - he can order all four at one time...
Ready when you are...
davetapson
Oil Cooler

Post by davetapson »

Dropped Rui a PM saying I want them and that you were looking for a pair too. Maybe drop him a pm: callooker