My leave gone by

Post general ACVW topics here
Forum rules
If its not ACVW related, post it in Off Topic.
Ron&Gill
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: Type 1, 21b, 34, 316
Netherlands

My leave gone by

Post by Ron&Gill »

I'm back at work...

What did I do with the month of May, where did it disappear to?...

I saw Chris through a haze of jetlag and beer... I went to Barry's metal meet which was avery nice evening out, I promised to go to Dutch's car show, which didn't work out thanks to the builder in Hermanus...

I took the Razor out for a run on the Beach Buggy Club SA's kettie skiet kompetisie. I suffered in the convoy only until we hit the open road and let the Razor go. Everything got left behind... way behind. Yussus, that car is fast! :D I moved Rumours to Hermanus. Towed the trailer (full) over Sir Lowry's pass without changing out of 4th. :D :D I started the Notch up for the first time in 8 months. Needed a new battery and sommer put on 4 new tyres and had the wheel balancing done, with the wheel adapter from Dave Rowley, and the alignment with the specs from Paul Medhurst at T3D. She's smooth like a smoothie... :D :D :D

Didn't even look at the Mini-T, and only took the bus around the block once... :(

Anyway, the house got roof-wetted, prezz of the Beach Buggy club and Steve, the new owner of Blue Bird. A 12 hours session which prevented me from enjoying a cigarette for two days and a beer for three... :oops:

Oh, and got the Golf serviced by Motorport. She came back better and a lot cleaner... :D

I searched for the Razor's old bumper over riders, but no. I must've given them away. I gave the Beetle tail lights to Vader to take with him to Jhb.

Oh, yes!! I received 3 1:43 Fridolins, one of which went to HR. Got him to smile at least!! And I received my Jada matt black Beetle with tred velvet interior. Maybe that's a good look for the Notch??

'Twas a good leave, but too much time wasted chasing the builders in Hermanus. :x :x

Cheers f'r now, Ron

1964 T34 - The Razor: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10290
1956 T2 1b - Gill's bus: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10948
1967 T316 - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10931 & viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15977
2000 beach buggy - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10915
Watercool
Transmission
What model do you have?: VW Rabbit 2.5

Re: My leave gone by

Post by Watercool »

Ron

Glad to be able to help with the Frido's, still looking for the rest for you.
Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference