13%

Total votes: 30

Dirk
Exhaust Pipe
What model do you have?: Beetle, Fasty

Re: SC For Sale

Post by Dirk »

Well done Muds! :D

Some guys need to take the :chillpill: a bit more often.

http://djb.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

`68 Beetle
`66 Fastback
'90 Sunpacer
goblin
Oil Seal
What model do you have?: 56 Oval

Post by goblin »

LMFAO. How bout checking out some seatcovers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LOWER THAN A PYTHONS BOOBS
hitlers revenge
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: buggy
Great Britain

Post by hitlers revenge »

Moons ago I bought a '66 beetle as a project for R17 000. Many people have seen this beetle and know that all this project needed was a correct size front wheel bearing.

On the other hand I bought a '59 Karmann Ghia for R17 000 which needs to be stripped completely and built up from the ground.

My point is, I was prepared to pay these prices for these cars. And I am happy that I did.

And I dont give a :bn: who thinks what of the prices for the conditions of the cars.

So maybe one day somebody may come along and pay that price for the bus because he feels its a reasonable price to pay. And becareful, come January it might be ME. :twisted:

Seeing as I have been told I am starting an aircooled mueseum.

Guys if you dont like the price of wants being offered - shut the fcuk up!
JamesD
Carburettor
What model do you have?: SP 1600

Post by JamesD »

I agree with HR. There are amazing deals out there! Some require more work than others, some are get in and go. 60 grand might just be what some one is looking to pay. Others might wait and try find a cheaper one. I've been waiting for a year and a half to save up enough for my dream car and I'm not even there yet. but the thing is if you wait long enough then something will pop up. I just found one for 2/3rds of the price i was willing to pay and trying to get my hands on it. If you dont like the price then leave it, There might be a bargain round the corner. Look at those two ovals, I'd take both if i had the space! but i cant :( I would gladly pay that. Hell, i rate they are worth atleast 50 for the 56 and 45 for the other. 30 a piece is a bargain of the century! but ya, What do i know, I buy cars on what i feel and how they will make me feel. Can you put a price on happiness, Why yes, It is how ever much you wish to pay for it :D If a 60 grand car will do the trick then thats what some will pay, if a 17 grand car will Make others feel like a king with 200 wives then all is perfect.

What ever. HR, i'm jealous of your KG, you got a marvelous car at a perfect price.

PS, i'm getting a plastic car next so bite me, all of you! :twisted: Actually i lie, its glass. but my beetle will always stay with me!
hitlers revenge
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: buggy
Great Britain

Post by hitlers revenge »

Just to add a bit more to all this :bn:

I bought my buggy 25 years ago, off the showroom floor, for which I paid R6000. Many people have asked me to sell it but are not prepared to pay the R50 000 I want for it. IF IT WAS FOR SALE.

It means more to me than money can buy.
ZeroAxe
Drive Train
What model do you have?: FUmobile

Post by ZeroAxe »

Worth R60K in South Africa or not?
Poll runs till Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:24 am
Yes
No
I don't have an opinion.
That was the orignal question. So people raised their opinions..... Me? I think that R60k is too much. But what do I know about SA affairs, huh? :finger4u:
VW Enthusiast
ImageImageImageImage
karmakoma
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: 69 dual trunk coupe

Post by karmakoma »

uhhmmm, let me get on my soapbox.
What this forum needs, is a little respect. Come on, sing it with me. R .E.S.P.E.C.T. you know what it means to me.....:-)

When writing something on a forum/facebook wall/anywhere on the internet, consider if you would say what you are about to write to someone's face? If you still feel you would, then let me not stand in your way.

Also
The Bottom Line. The price of an item is determined by what someone is prepared to pay for said item/service etc.

Example: Image

$ 1.2 million for this phone - to me vulgar! But to someones beloved - just the ticket.

Lets not Judge :wink:

damn, whats that cracking sound, better get off my soapbox now.
Chris
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Beach Buggy

Post by Chris »

Who added the stupid pole?
Damn,I'm good!
Beach Buggy (Running and now Aircooled!)
VW TDi DC
Jetta V TDi
fig
Bus Driver
What model do you have?: Type 2
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/258896479219/
South Africa

Re: ...Moved....

Post by fig »

I'm just stirring the pot here and I don't feel I have to make up with anybody for anything I or anyone else writes. I'm really OK with people disagreeing with me; I never lose sight of what we all have in common. And for the oversensitive ones who take offence, sorry for you. :hangloose:
:flash: :drunks:
fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." -- Henry Ford
Blitzkrieg
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: none

Post by Blitzkrieg »

What surprises me even more is that none of the mods removed the titty pictures from this very respectful thread :)
If it's too low, you're too old :twisted:
fig
Bus Driver
What model do you have?: Type 2
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/258896479219/
South Africa

Post by fig »

Pine wrote:This ridiculous artificial inflation of prices for rust buckets place it out of reach of the general SA VW enthusiast who wants a sideline project to restore, and the exporters are simply rubbing our noses in it.
The point is this bus is NOT a rust bucket. It's actually not totally original and has probably been repainted, but it is very dry and very straight and obviously worth a LOT more than a rust bucket. And I'm willing to bet that R60k for this bus will be cheaper in the long run than buying a rust bucket for R5k.
fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." -- Henry Ford
JamesD
Carburettor
What model do you have?: SP 1600

Post by JamesD »

Blitzkrieg wrote:What surprises me even more is that none of the mods removed the titty pictures from this very respectful thread :)
I cant believe Blitz missed the new price on the 924 cause he was staring at the titty pictures instead :wink:
From fastest to slowest:

Birkin race car, not much is standard
Lotus Elise 111R, almost everything is standard
'75 SP 1600 with a few mods
B8 A4 Avant tdi, towing made easy
Pine
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Oil on the driveway

Post by Pine »

Blitzkrieg wrote:What surprises me even more is that none of the mods removed the titty pictures from this very respectful thread :)
'Cause the Mods LIKE it!! :flash: :flash:
Barry
Single Port

Re: Worth R60k???

Post by Barry »

popcorncat-vi.gif
I'm cancelling my mnet - gonna watch this instead!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the record, I'm 200% with Fig & SBO on this! Maar ek "het mos geld" :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barry

Metalshaping courses, full builds, replacement panels.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Garage-Cl ... 2857822743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
beetlefanatic
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: Late Bay, Syncro x 2

Post by beetlefanatic »

fig wrote:
Pine wrote:This ridiculous artificial inflation of prices for rust buckets place it out of reach of the general SA VW enthusiast who wants a sideline project to restore, and the exporters are simply rubbing our noses in it.
The point is this bus is NOT a rust bucket. It's actually not totally original and has probably been repainted, but it is very dry and very straight and obviously worth a LOT more than a rust bucket. And I'm willing to bet that R60k for this bus will be cheaper in the long run than buying a rust bucket for R5k.
I have to agree with the last part. Speaking from experience with beetle. I could have bought the SC and still had nearly enough for James' 924. Not bragging or anything. I'm just saying think long and do your calculations properly before saying that a car/bus is overpriced. My cabrio started at R8k and I thought that it won't cost more than R30k total and reality is I'm in for more than double that allready and it's not running yet. My split which cost me a lot of upfront money, has taken only about R2k to replace small items. The reason is because it was a good, solid, running project to start with. It runs and I can enjoy it. With the bug I've been pouring money into it for nearly 2 years now and I still can't drive it.
If you negotiate a bit with the owner of the SC and spend some money wisely, you will sit with a car that cost way less than anything you can buy today, but yet every year the value will appreciate and before you know you will have a car that is worth R100k -R200k to someone.
The only substitute for cubic inches are more cubic inches.