Cany anyone please identify this car?

Non ACVW models.
Pine
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Oil on the driveway

Cany anyone please identify this car?

Post by Pine »

No it is not one of those quizes, because I don't know the answer myself! The CCC registration number was for Riversdal or Heidelberg if I am not mistaken?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bugspray
Floorpan
What model do you have?: 71 Westy + 74beetle
Facebook: http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?r0d306f00&refid=7
South Africa

Re: Cany anyone please identify this car?

Post by bugspray »

Is that not a rolls badge?
More than meets the eye!
Pine
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Oil on the driveway

Post by Pine »

No, I was thinking something more American - like a Dodge?
Retrobug
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 1962 Beetle

Post by Retrobug »

looks allot like the Ford style wings, might have the centre disc broken off? :?
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/1920 ... reger.html
The two secrets to success: 1) Don't tell everyone everything that you know

http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... 23&t=24181
Muderick
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 65T2 66T1 72T2 73T2

Post by Muderick »

yep, looks more like either a Speedwell or 30's Ford winged hood ornament with the centre of the ornament broken off. Dodge was slightly different...

Old School or Bust!
SoutieRSA
Oil Leak
What model do you have?: 1972

Post by SoutieRSA »

The stylised winged radiator cap was a very popular motif during that era, but I would hazard a guess that it's a Speedwell.
Regarding the "broken centre" of the ornament, that was usually where the water level indicator, or the thermometer was positioned, so, in my humble opinion, that idea doesn't float.
Hubcap
Clutch
What model do you have?: 59 KG

Post by Hubcap »

Almost certain Model T Ford
Retrobug
Donor
Donor

Post by Retrobug »

also vote for Model T!
The fenders look model T, only the radiator shape is throwing me off a bit! :?

Ron&Gill
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: Type 1, 21b, 34, 316
Netherlands

Post by Ron&Gill »

CCC is Stilbaai. That was part of the question, wasn't it?
1964 T34 - The Razor: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10290
1956 T2 1b - Gill's bus: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10948
1967 T316 - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10931 & viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15977
2000 beach buggy - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10915
Sambabus
Short Block
What model do you have?: Classic campers

Post by Sambabus »

Well,I am no expert,but to answer your question Pine, that looks to be a motor vehicle of the four wheeled variety, It features a bench seat in the front of the car and the rear of the car. It is logical to assume that it is powered by a small, four cylinder,four stroke internal combustion engine,and judging by the crank handle below the radiator,it predates the electronic starter motor we have all come to know and love by a number of years.

What is of special interest to me is the three spot lights. This was obviously a high powered sports model designed for the 24hour endurance races common at the time of this cars invention. The standard headlights would just not suffice in a race. This third spotlight was a necessity as these cars ware so fast,the driver had to look into the corner well before reaching it to look for potential obstacles.

As for this mysterious badge you are all interested in. That "badge" does not signify the make or model of this car by any means. That "hood ornament" is actually a state of the art piece of sports technology. And those of you that thought "hey,...that looks like something a F1 race car would have on its nose," were bang on. That,ladies and gentleman was one of the first stabilising "wings" ever to feature on anything that did not fly through the air! It is believed that the Write brothers had a small part to play in the conception of this wing. They were working on a secret high speed high altitude airplane to go head to head against the sun in a race around the world,and this wing was to take up residency on the wing tips of this aircraft in an effort to aid high speed stability at altitude. It was during an early morning test flight when they were overtaken,...in the air by this particular race car,the driver of said race car turned a corner,climbed on the gas and lifted from the ground in much the same way JohnHoffe would when presented with the prospect of peeking at your wifes boobs. The Write brothers,not keen on competition, gave the maker of this racing car the wing-tip winglets to aid in the cars down force when accelerating...........the rest,as they say,is history.

But,.....like I said,I am no expert,I am only sharing my thought about what that badge thing is.
"ALL THAT LIVES IS BORNE TO DIE........NOTHING REALLY MATTERS." Robert Plant-Led Zeppelin.

"Crime is still goverments priority." SA Police spokesperson

RESPECT,EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE LOSING IT!!!
Retrobug
Donor
Donor

Post by Retrobug »

Sambabus wrote:Well,I am no expert,but to answer your question Pine, that looks to be a motor vehicle of the four wheeled variety, It features a bench seat in the front of the car and the rear of the car. It is logical to assume that it is powered by a small, four cylinder,four stroke internal combustion engine,and judging by the crank handle below the radiator,it predates the electronic starter motor we have all come to know and love by a number of years.

What is of special interest to me is the three spot lights. This was obviously a high powered sports model designed for the 24hour endurance races common at the time of this cars invention. The standard headlights would just not suffice in a race. This third spotlight was a necessity as these cars ware so fast,the driver had to look into the corner well before reaching it to look for potential obstacles.

As for this mysterious badge you are all interested in. That "badge" does not signify the make or model of this car by any means. That "hood ornament" is actually a state of the art piece of sports technology. And those of you that thought "hey,...that looks like something a F1 race car would have on its nose," were bang on. That,ladies and gentleman was one of the first stabilising "wings" ever to feature on anything that did not fly through the air! It is believed that the Write brothers had a small part to play in the conception of this wing. They were working on a secret high speed high altitude airplane to go head to head against the sun in a race around the world,and this wing was to take up residency on the wing tips of this aircraft in an effort to aid high speed stability at altitude. It was during an early morning test flight when they were overtaken,...in the air by this particular race car,the driver of said race car turned a corner,climbed on the gas and lifted from the ground in much the same way JohnHoffe would when presented with the prospect of peeking at your wifes boobs. The Write brothers,not keen on competition, gave the maker of this racing car the wing-tip winglets to aid in the cars down force when accelerating...........the rest,as they say,is history.

But,.....like I said,I am no expert,I am only sharing my thought about what that badge thing is.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

John Alves
Crankshaft
What model do you have?: 58Ghia 68bug68buggy
South Africa

Post by John Alves »

His right hand is missing, must be a racing accident.
No sense being pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway.

1958 1600 TP Karmann Ghia
1968 1600 TP Beamish buggy
1968 1500 SP Beetle
VW-rules
Crankshaft
What model do you have?: '61 & '70 Buses
Belgium

Post by VW-rules »

Packard Goose ?
If a married man speaks in the forest and his wife is not there to hear him, is he still wrong?
SoutieRSA
Oil Leak
What model do you have?: 1972

Post by SoutieRSA »

@ John: I don't think his hand is missing, it's more likely that he's clawing at his heammorhoids, those vehicles were notoriously uncomfortable, or he's just had an accident, 'cos many of them also used castor oil in the fuel as an additional lubricant, and the resultant inhalation caused some interesting human 'exhaust' conditions!