LOCALLY produced Replica 356A Rubbers and parts

Porsche and replica Porsche posts over here.
Bossie2004
Oil Stain
What model do you have?: '74 Volla

Re: LOCALLY produced Replica 356A Rubbers and parts

Post by Bossie2004 »

Gary,

You mentioned that you guys were looking at producing the "Convertible" roof for the Speedsters over the December period, how is that coming along? Please give us a wee write-up & some photos etc... and keep posting the good work. When do you anticipate it should be ready to put a price to it? If you need an extra pair of hands over weekends give me a shout, I'm in Highveldpark in Centurion and would gladly assist.

Cheers,
Marius.

- Marius V
Speedster Replica
flatfourfan
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: Speedster Replica

Post by flatfourfan »

Hey Marius

Well, I've started work on the scissor top and had made all the bows, latches and trim pieces, but unfortunately, our holiday home was broken into and the bastards took off with all my pieces as well as my dremel set. I'm only now getting back to where I should be. Most of the latches have been redone and I'm just waiting on another clear day to make the last load of stuff. It's pretty labour intensive stuff and that's where the price comes into it. Material wise you can build this for under R500, the bitch here however is the labour. Just to make 4 latches and some rods with adjusters has taken me the better part of 2 days. I think that I've said it before, but a completed scissor top, cleaned up and painted in white, beige or black would be about R3500. First one I'm hoping to have fitted by the end of Jan.

Thanks for the offer of help, but at this stage I'm working on it when I get a gap with 3 other projects that I'm working on and so I don't have any fixed times right now. I'm having a bit of a open house for some speedster guys in Feb at my place and I'll be sure to add you to the plans if you want?
Bossie2004
Oil Stain
What model do you have?: '74 Volla

Post by Bossie2004 »

flatfourfan wrote:Hey Marius

I think that I've said it before, but a completed scissor top, cleaned up and painted in white, beige or black would be about R3500. First one I'm hoping to have fitted by the end of Jan.... I'm having a bit of a open house for some speedster guys in Feb at my place and I'll be sure to add you to the plans if you want?
Gary, Can I order one then already please - in Black. And please do add me to the Feb event.

:drunks:
- Marius V
Speedster Replica