My new Panelvan - Chucky

No not Dalmations, pictures of ACVW's you spotted!
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Re: My new Panelvan - Chucky

Post by Tony Z »

Thats not very nice Terry, kick a man when he is down why dont you.

This very same mockery happened recently with another new forum member who is making great progress with his car, but we also had to persuade him to stay.
This is becoming too much of a habit.
Someone who has a bus and wants to change it slightly isnt welcome, but we all highly support others who add windows, butcher busses and do all sorts of wierd things, simply because we know or like them....
doesnt sound right does it.

As for sound systems and the like, it is quite possible to install all sorts of things without damaging anything if you take your time. I guess we will never find out how this bus turns out.

Sad to see you go Johan

Blitzkrieg
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: none

Post by Blitzkrieg »

[quote="jccrafford"]Guys, you know what.

I still can't believe this...ah, what the hell, why even bother to answer. This is obviously not where I am supposed to be. I won't go to any VW meetings in future, join any rallies, neither chat on the forum to other "like minded enthusiasts" I've got enemies that treats me nicer!

I'll just enjoy my Kombi's on my own.

I really don't want this type of Sh*t every time a post a photo, who the hell needs that?

quote]

If you are on FB, please join the aircooled junkies page - Cool bunch of peeps who accept all kinds of VW's, original or not - No purists there.
If it's too low, you're too old :twisted:
Terry Phillips
Fuel Injection
What model do you have?: T3,1beetle
Zambia

Post by Terry Phillips »

Tony Z wrote:Thats not very nice Terry, kick a man when he is down why dont you.

This very same mockery happened recently with another new forum member who is making great progress with his car, but we also had to persuade him to stay.
This is becoming too much of a habit.
Someone who has a bus and wants to change it slightly isnt welcome, but we all highly support others who add windows, butcher busses and do all sorts of wierd things, simply because we know or like them....
doesnt sound right does it.

As for sound systems and the like, it is quite possible to install all sorts of things without damaging anything if you take your time. I guess we will never find out how this bus turns out.

Sad to see you go Johan
Tony if you noticed in a earlier post I tried to convince he to stay but it was his choice to go,I said It sounds like you dont belong here I did not say you Don't belong here,is that now kicking a man when he is down.I say no more.
boxerulez
Clutch
What model do you have?: '71 T1 | '75 T2b Ex
Facebook: www.facebook.com/vvzyl

Post by boxerulez »

jccrafford wrote:Guys, you know what.

I still can't believe this...ah, what the hell, why even bother to answer. This is obviously not where I am supposed to be. I won't go to any VW meetings in future, join any rallies, neither chat on the forum to other "like minded enthusiasts" I've got enemies that treats me nicer!

I'll just enjoy my Kombi's on my own.

I really don't want this type of Sh*t every time a post a photo, who the hell needs that?

This is my last post here. Administrator, you can delete my account if you want, I won't be logging in again.

Thanks to the guys who had some positive comments!
Lol if they are bothering you imagine the horror when you get to a club event between a bunch of mg driving retards.

They will snottily call out that you have no place at classic car events.

Not even to mention how they will react over paint or retrofitted equipment.

My advise there is steer clear of rallies.

Its your vehicle. Do what you want.

I must say that the bigger ACVWSA becomes, the more uncomfortable I feel here.
"I'll sleep when I'm dead!"
Dawie
Fuel Injection
What model do you have?: Aircooled, various
South Africa

Post by Dawie »

Nice Panelvan. You payed for it, it's yours. Do with it what you want.

In the end, our "internet experience" is no more than interaction with some plastic keyboard/mouse and glass screen. At least that's what i tell myself if i strongly disagree with someone's views.

If i feel upset about some posting, i type a reply. But then do not send, but wait till i have cooled down. Then i start editing my post to reflect a more balanced view, (stripped of personal emotions, but scientifically more correct). Then wait some more, re-read my post. What then happens 90% of the time is that i do not send but delete my answer. My aim is to try add value to the post. (Although, only being a human being, i do not always succeed).

Sometimes i type something meant as a joke. (Feeling distanced from the situation, as at the time of posting it was experienced only as interaction with some cold plastic keyboard and glass screen and meant as such.) Others have said that my humor stinks at times.

In the end, to me, the Aircooled experience is far bigger than anyone, including my own, s' emotions at that particular point in time.
Staying Aircooled is so much nicer.
Do'nt assume anything- (While doing fault-finding).
oldschool75
Oil Pump
What model do you have?: Kombi Keg

Post by oldschool75 »

Sheesh.....

And that for mentioning he's gonna paint a non-VW color and adding a sound system.
I thought he's chopping it for spares, exporting, or making it NON-AC the way some of you keep on about it.....
There's Baja's and Buggy's and all type of AC's on this forum that gets comments of admiration etc etc.....

I'm new here, and like stating the obvious from time to time, but a layer of paint can be repainted some day, and a sound system can be taken out - GIVE THE GUY A BREAK.

Quite frankly, don't know if I'll ever start my build-thread now, who knows, I might fit something upside down, or add an extra bolt somewhere by mistake, and heaven forbid we do anything that's not 100%.

C'mon guys, you're starting to sound like typical Boere (and I'm one - een honderd persent BOER) - arguing about everything, MOANING because it's raining, and when it does, because it's 2 wet.

You pushed away this member, that waited a year before becoming actually involved, without him really doing anything "wrong" His bus is still a aircooled, just black with sound. PITY - he for one will not recommend anyone to this forum. I agree with Dawie, sometime's it's good to wait and let steam settle, but I'm gonna press the submit button before I feel different about this specific thread.

Just my 2c worth, cheers
There's a rally driver hiding in all of us......
Kombi Keg - 1976 Panel Van
Miemie - 1967 Type 3 Fastback
1982 unique Buggy
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

Sorry guys.... he is gone
he asked me politely to delete his account and all his posts
fig
Bus Driver
What model do you have?: Type 2
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/258896479219/
South Africa

Post by fig »

oldschool75 wrote: a layer of paint can be repainted some day, and a sound system can be taken out
Actually that's at the heart of the criticism. Once a car has been repainted it will NEVER be original paint again. His sound system involved hacking a huge hole in the dash. Yes, remove the sound system and now you need to replace a dash section.

Maybe some of us were a bit over emotional in our responses but, really, if you want to parade your booty online you should expect compliments and criticism. Just because someone says they don't like what you did is no reason to grab your toys and go play on your own. That's not exactly mature.

It takes all types,and we all need to be tolerant of one another. That doesn't mean only saying "nice" stuff out of fear of causing offence. OPersoanlly, I'll be the first to leave this site oif people have to start censoring themselves in case someone gets offended. No one chased JC away. He chose to leave because he didn't want to hear others' point of view. I personally don't like what he did and planned to do with his bus, but I would never say he shouldn't be on these forums showing off that he does what he pleases with his buses. The internet is no place for oversensitive people.

I guess his school report often said "doesn't play well with the other children".

If you're oversensitive to criticism Johann, then, yes, best not post your project in case someone doesn't like it. Adults generally are confident enough in their own tastes and preferences to not be threatened by people who see things differently. I'm sure you're big enough to take the criticism; you don't have to agree with it.

Running away when you come across a conflicting view is just as bad as saying you can't play here unless you do things our way. People expressed their views; no one told JC he can't play here if that's how he plays. Leaving was his choice. Good riddance I say.

"Politeness is a socially acceptable way to be dishonest."
fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." -- Henry Ford
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

I dont want to be involved in the bickering but I would like to stand up for the guy a bit

I like a new paint job. Some old paint jobs look nice, but the majority look like shiv. Old, broken, banged up, falling apart - but yay, it has its original point. Sorry guys, cant fix it because then I would have to paint it.
What difference does it make if you add new paint that looks like old paint or just add new paint to your taste?

And yes, the massive radio in the dash might not look right, but if anyone had bothered to ask instead of condemning, then you would know that the previous owner botched the dashboard with the radio that he installed and then when the ignition switch broke, instead of fixing it, he fitted a new one under the radio.
So instead or replacing and repainting an entire dashboard (which wouldnt be allowed some standards due to the new paint), he repaired the ignition and fitted a bigger radio to cover the already fkd dash.

But you know what, it doesnt matter at the end of the day. At least the bus is going be be looked after by someone who cares for it, but doesnt care for the forum.

I am worried about what will be said once my 1302 is painted. OMG, it isnt even going to be a VW colour

We all know that the internet isnt a place for oversensitive people. And I may not agree with his opinion and how quickly he got upset. But possibly a bit more tact needs to be employed on occasion?
tact (tăkt)
n.
1. Acute sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others, including the ability to speak or act without offending.
oldschool75
Oil Pump

Post by oldschool75 »

I hear you @fig @ fig
Luckily I'm not the oversensitive type, so you're stuck with me....
Just saying, as been said before, feels like he was kicked while down, instead of being comforted, but yes, he could've taken it better
Have a good one, Johann
1982 unique Buggy
retrovan
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 52T1,68FB,72Bay,75FL
Netherlands

Post by retrovan »

Here goes guys, I am turning my self into a target, so feel free to start shooting........

Here in PE, we have more Old VW's per sq Kilo, then any where else, and for those not able to work this one out. its due to the factory being here, guys with dedication working for VW wanting to own one, and because they had a discount buying system for workers.

We also have a lot of scrap yards, where a lot of these ORIGINAL VW's land up, as they are seen as scrap. (have even tried to save some on this here forum).

These are cut up, totally destroyed, sold to China, turned into you new imports, but no one has anything to say about this.

Here we have a guy, in love with his VW, wants to personalise it, make it his own, get the kids, to enjoy it, also fall in love with it, and when they grow up, want to save a VW.

He was not going to cut it up into half meter chunks, he was not going to melt it down, he was not going to remove it from this world as we know it,

He was going to put paint on it, as he hates "Rat Look" he does not like a "buffed up" old paint car. NO he wants a new shiny one. dont we all.

That bus would be around for longer then most buses, and it would have made more future vw addicts, with its "Boom Boom" sound system, and flat black paint then all the scrap yard destroyed buses, that I see daily.

It would be savable to restore....... well into the future.......

So go on guys .... start shooting.......

@TonyZ, I thank you for following his wishes to remove his posts, but in fairness, and maturity, I think you should reinstate them, for the thread to make sense to others in the future, as we can all learn something from it. after all the truth shall set us free.

Just an after thought, Tony, I do not think the paint job, is something you should be concerned about, good thing nobody knows of the 5 speed Passat gearbox, the V4 Ford engine, or the chopping of the roof, else there would be hell to play here on this forum, but your secret is save with me, they will not hear it from me...............

....Did I really type it on the thread, is no Pm save anymore.......

How do I erase something on this thread, .......Please.....

Herman
1952 Split Beetle 1835cc
1968 Fastback 2Lt.type4
1972 Low Light Bay Panel Van 2Lt type 4
1975 Fleetline Panel Van 1914cc
2020 MeFusco Beetle Truck 2Lt type 4
1972 FT Hahn SP 1776 cc
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

Sorry retro, cant restore them. Besides, he would just edit them and erase everything anyway. It wasnt my first wish, but its his wishes.
I even offered to lock the thread as it was and let him start again, giving the forum a second chance. But again, he didnt want this, he just wanted out.

Come on Retro, how can you talk about a V4 when the Legacy flat 6 is available? '-)
No chance... I'll be building a test engine with the intention of driving it hard and breaking it. 6000rpm max.
oldschool75
Oil Pump

Post by oldschool75 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Now it looks like @jolas @ jolas started this thread - funny that!!!
1982 unique Buggy