What model do you have?: beetle, bus, kg
South Africa

Re: My August '57 bug

Post by lowlight »

Very NICE. enjoy it

Some days we are the flies , some days we are the windscreens
Eugene
Carburettor
What model do you have?: 2 many 2 mention :-)
South Africa

Post by Eugene »

Yip....can only agree....went to the right place.

Previous owner is quite the handsome beast himself :lol:
You can never have enough Garages :-(
hifibug57
Crankshaft
What model do you have?: jap-hybrid......
Germany

Post by hifibug57 »

Gavin that one was mine a few years ago: bought it from the salt river owner whose first question was: do you drive another car - as it was not to be sold as a daily runner......i recarpeted the interior with a square weave and found the roof rack on the milnerton fleamarket for R 200......it was 'expensive' because just before i rocked up some idiot told the stall owner that the BeKöWa was 'imported' :D
the oval 'D' plate, windscreenwipers and mudflaps i sourced from germany
it is indeed an original aug.57 bug.....one of the first squarewindows which started production after the summer vacation in the factory in wolfsburg. crated and shipped to PE. so yes, it is one of the oldest (i have not come across one with a lower VIN number in SA) squarewindows in SA. i gave me lots of pleasure and even more thumbs up- my (then little) daughter allowed me to drive her and the bug right up the front gate of her school AND HOOT. when i took her in the splitty or the KG i had to stop a block from school.... vroumense ne?
resident VW exporter
Mars67
Oil Stain
What model do you have?: Porsce Spyder

Post by Mars67 »

Absolutely awesome beetle!!!!
GavinHuart
Pushrod
What model do you have?: '62, '63 & '75
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=710891856

Post by GavinHuart »

hifibug57 wrote:Gavin that one was mine a few years ago: bought it from the salt river owner whose first question was: do you drive another car - as it was not to be sold as a daily runner......i recarpeted the interior with a square weave and found the roof rack on the milnerton fleamarket for R 200......it was 'expensive' because just before i rocked up some idiot told the stall owner that the BeKöWa was 'imported' :D
the oval 'D' plate, windscreenwipers and mudflaps i sourced from germany
it is indeed an original aug.57 bug.....one of the first squarewindows which started production after the summer vacation in the factory in wolfsburg. crated and shipped to PE. so yes, it is one of the oldest (i have not come across one with a lower VIN number in SA) squarewindows in SA. i gave me lots of pleasure and even more thumbs up- my (then little) daughter allowed me to drive her and the bug right up the front gate of her school AND HOOT. when i took her in the splitty or the KG i had to stop a block from school.... vroumense ne?
Hi there hifibug,

What a wonderful surprize to have 'met' another previous owner of this joyous car. What an interesting read! I am totally besotted with it and, as mentioned earlier, it is undoubtedly the crown jewel of my (small) collection. It is one of the most original cars I've come across, next to my Fleetline. "The older, the better" is my motto but this one, due it it's pristine condition will never go. It isn't used as a daily and has pride of place in the garage. The friends that have helped me on the car are absolute experts so I can assure you, in good hands this car is.

Thanks again for your post!

Gav
'62 Bug, '57 Bug, '63 Panel Van & '75 Fleetline.. (O\ | /O) & |o\*/o|
acpaterson
Carburettor
What model do you have?: Winston, a 74 Bay
South Africa

Post by acpaterson »

Ditto again, most awesome beetle.. Many happy Km's..
Tempo-Doeloe.nl
Drip
What model do you have?: Beetle & T2ab

Post by Tempo-Doeloe.nl »

What a great ride, enjoy it!